What's Blooming 2015 Edition

Image size should be under 5mb.  Calliope - can you email me one that didn't work?  jamie@maplewoodonline.com

Thanks

Beyond bloom: A pineapple.  

Hmmm.  No photo uploaded.  From iPhone.

@dave - where did you take that picture?

Our Star Magnolia (18" tall when I planted it in 1997) is in full bloom, as are the early Daffodils (many types) and the Primrose.

Here are some of the Daffodils

One of the newer Daffodils

@jamie

I tried to upload 4 photos (file sizes 300-950 KB), but MOL would only accept 1 photo under each comment?

And here is one of the Hellebores, which grow under the Star Magnolia.

@jamie--- I think I finally got the hang of it-- I opened the photos in paint, and I could resize them there with little trouble (photoshop wasn't working well)  Thanks for offering your assistance! You guys are great!

These photos are so uplifting ...in spite of all this continuous rain...maybe I grasp for the flowers because of the rain ...

Love the blues ...especially the lungwort!

@icdart,  I bought that Lungwort at the Union County Master Gardener Show and Sale at the Watchung Reservation about 8 years ago.  It was tiny, in a 2 inch pot, but was recommended to me because it grows in shade (and was not Hosta) and it had beautiful silvery ,dappled foliage. It produced tiny flowers that start as blue, turn to pink and finish blooming as a deep purple.  By the next year, it had tripled in size. It is low growing, and puts on a beautiful early spring display. I have bought other lungwort (Pulmonaria), and they are nice, but none of them are as lovely as this one.  oh oh

We usually buy a pot or two of hyacinths each Easter, and then plant them in the garden once they've finished blooming. These are from a few years ago, and have come up each year since. Love their scent.

Our forsythias -- testing!

First try! And it is not upside down!

I'd given up on these and then they popped up this week.

May 7th, and the Tree Peonies have started to bloom.  First flower on the pink yesterday:

And the white is half open today:

The lilacs are blooming - love their scent!

I love tree peonies and our lilacs seem better than ever this year.

tomcat, Georgeous!

Ours are about to pop!

-Ron Carter

Gorgeous! Here are a few from this morning ( would love to know what they are):

Inhale the scent of Springtime! My Lilacs

The last of my Cherry Blossoms

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!