The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

I’m not sure what our marsupials have to do with your political/judicial system?  wink

joanne said:

I’m not sure what our marsupials have to do with your political/judicial system? 
wink

Some stupid kangaroo court reference I imagine.

Well yeah, but this time Roos weren’t anywhere near  cheese

(Must have been another critter’s ‘pouch’)

ridski said:

Some stupid kangaroo court reference I imagine.

joanne said:

I’m not sure what our marsupials have to do with your political/judicial system?
wink

It’s a recycled cartoon from the 1950s, when everyone thought Menzies had the American vice president in his pocket.

DaveSchmidt said:

joanne said:

wink

It’s a recycled cartoon from the 1950s, when everyone thought Menzies had the American vice president in his pocket.

Let's not jump to conclusions. 

nohero said:

DaveSchmidt said:

joanne said:

wink

Let's not jump to conclusions. 

oomph

Either way, the defense has rested and it's up to the jury, who have been dismissed until next Tuesday. It's an interesting case - not about Michael Cohen or Stormy Daniels or NDA's, but about whether Trump not only falsified business records related to Cohen's payments made to Daniels, but that he did so to illegally conceal information from voters that could have hurt his 2016 presidential chances — a crime that bumps these charges from a misdemeanor to a felony.

I’m wondering if trump’s minions are behind the scenes offering money to the families of the jurors. This guy is capable of anything, and right now a hung jury is all he needs. 

Jaytee said:

I’m wondering if trump’s minions are behind the scenes offering money to the families of the jurors. This guy is capable of anything, and right now a hung jury is all he needs. 

I'm thinking that a hung jury might happen. It has to be intimidating for most people to have not only Trump but all of the Republican political figures watching the jury and observing them arrive and leave the courthouse. They must be worried about being photographed or followed. A big responsibility to convict a former President with all of the crazies out there.

Good morning, all!

DS, thanks - of course, I missed half of that decade so wouldn’t have caught the recycling. And it wasn’t covered in my history/soc studies courses. We rarely do kangaroo court stuff apart from jokes - remember, we did lose a real War to a bunch of Emus. 

Slightly related to the last few points, what’s the official view on AI use in election materials? Our federal parliament discussed it yesterday, and said ‘yeah, ok’. We’re all aghast.

Someone should ask the President if he approved this message before delivering it!

Biden’s Demoralizing Speech to Morehouse Grads

In his 2013 commencement address, Obama stressed opportunity. His successor emphasizes victimization.

Jason L. Riley

By

Jason L. RileyFollow

May 21, 2024 at 5:33 pm ET

1349Gift unlocked article

Listen

(5 min)

President Biden smiles at the crowd after receiving an honorary doctorate at the Morehouse College commencement in Atlanta, May 19. PHOTO: ELIJAH NOUVELAGE/GETTY IMAGES

President Obama’s commencement address at Morehouse College in 2013 couldn’t have been more different from the one President Biden gave on Sunday. Not just in terms of style or delivery—no one expects Mr. Biden to match Mr. Obama’s oratory skills—but, more important, in its tone and emphasis.

Mr. Obama urged graduates of the historically black, all-male college in Atlanta not to squander the tremendous opportunities that 21st-century America had to offer them. He highlighted that “laws and hearts and minds” had changed significantly for the better over the decades as evidenced by, among other things, his election, and he said that “your generation is uniquely poised for success unlike any generation of African-Americans that came before it.”

Mr. Obama emphasized the importance of individual responsibility in black advancement and counseled the graduates to guard against self-pity. He said that while his job as president was to advocate policies that “generate more opportunity for everybody,” government efforts go only so far. “There are some things, as black men, we can only do for ourselves,” he said. Among them was being a role model. “Just as Morehouse has taught you to expect more of yourselves, inspire those who look up to you to expect more of themselves.”

Mr. Obama said that too many young black men in the U.S. continue to make bad personal choices and then blame others. “And I have to say, growing up, I made quite a few myself,” he noted. “Sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down. I had a tendency sometimes to make excuses for me not doing the right thing. But one of the things that all of you have learned over the last four years is there’s no longer any room for excuses.”

Pointedly, the former president said that while racism and discrimination still exist, they shouldn’t be used as a crutch. “Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was. Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination. And moreover, you have to remember that whatever you’ve gone through, it pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured—and they overcame them. And if they overcame them, you can overcome them.”

When Mr. Biden took the stage on Sunday, he didn’t see an audience of black men with limitless opportunities awaiting them. Instead, he saw an audience of black victims who should question their prospects. “You started college just as George Floyd was murdered and there was a reckoning on race,” Mr. Biden said. “It’s natural to wonder if democracy you hear about actually works for you. What is democracy if black men are being killed in the street?”

Only in Mr. Biden’s imagination would it be “natural” for the black people in that audience—many of whom were second- and third-generation college graduates—to wonder if democracy is working for them. Atlanta has had black mayors going back to the 1970s, and Georgia currently has a black Democratic U.S. senator (a Morehouse graduate) who won re-election by defeating a black Republican.

Mr. Obama told Morehouse graduates that if they act responsibly and make good choices, they can live productive and fulfilling lives in a society that has never had more to offer them. Mr. Biden suggested that the graduates see themselves in George Floyd. “If black men are being killed on the streets, we bear witness,” Mr. Biden said. “For me, that means to call out the poison of white supremacy, to root out systemic racism.”

Which is fine, but what is the connection between white supremacy and black homicides when nearly all black murder victims are killed not by white people or police officers but by other black people? Name-checking Floyd in front of a black audience doesn’t change that reality, and using a convicted felon and drug addict as a poster child for black men in this country is deeply insulting.

Given that Mr. Biden lacks Mr. Obama’s unique standing among blacks, let’s concede that these comparisons aren’t entirely fair. They do, however, offer insights into what Mr. Biden believes black people want to hear from their president in an election year. Mr. Biden’s speech revealed someone who doesn’t believe that black people can or should be held to the same standards as other groups. He believes they want to be told constantly that racial inequality is entirely the fault of others and the responsibility of others to address. He believes they need lectures from him about racism.

If the president’s slipping support among black voters is any indication, he’s wrong on all counts. And if Morehouse College can’t do better in choosing a commencement speaker next year, just replay Mr. Obama’s address.

mtierney said:

Someone should ask the President if he approved this message before delivering it!

Biden’s Demoralizing Speech to Morehouse Grads

In his 2013 commencement address, Obama stressed opportunity. His successor emphasizes victimization.

Jason L. Riley

By

Jason L. RileyFollow

May 21, 2024 at 5:33 pm ET

1349Gift unlocked article

Listen

(5 min)

President Biden smiles at the crowd after receiving an honorary doctorate at the Morehouse College commencement in Atlanta, May 19. PHOTO: ELIJAH NOUVELAGE/GETTY IMAGES

President Obama’s commencement address at Morehouse College in 2013 couldn’t have been more different from the one President Biden gave on Sunday. Not just in terms of style or delivery—no one expects Mr. Biden to match Mr. Obama’s oratory skills—but, more important, in its tone and emphasis.

Mr. Obama urged graduates of the historically black, all-male college in Atlanta not to squander the tremendous opportunities that 21st-century America had to offer them. He highlighted that “laws and hearts and minds” had changed significantly for the better over the decades as evidenced by, among other things, his election, and he said that “your generation is uniquely poised for success unlike any generation of African-Americans that came before it.”

Mr. Obama emphasized the importance of individual responsibility in black advancement and counseled the graduates to guard against self-pity. He said that while his job as president was to advocate policies that “generate more opportunity for everybody,” government efforts go only so far. “There are some things, as black men, we can only do for ourselves,” he said. Among them was being a role model. “Just as Morehouse has taught you to expect more of yourselves, inspire those who look up to you to expect more of themselves.”

Mr. Obama said that too many young black men in the U.S. continue to make bad personal choices and then blame others. “And I have to say, growing up, I made quite a few myself,” he noted. “Sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down. I had a tendency sometimes to make excuses for me not doing the right thing. But one of the things that all of you have learned over the last four years is there’s no longer any room for excuses.”

Pointedly, the former president said that while racism and discrimination still exist, they shouldn’t be used as a crutch. “Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was. Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination. And moreover, you have to remember that whatever you’ve gone through, it pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured—and they overcame them. And if they overcame them, you can overcome them.”

When Mr. Biden took the stage on Sunday, he didn’t see an audience of black men with limitless opportunities awaiting them. Instead, he saw an audience of black victims who should question their prospects. “You started college just as George Floyd was murdered and there was a reckoning on race,” Mr. Biden said. “It’s natural to wonder if democracy you hear about actually works for you. What is democracy if black men are being killed in the street?”

Only in Mr. Biden’s imagination would it be “natural” for the black people in that audience—many of whom were second- and third-generation college graduates—to wonder if democracy is working for them. Atlanta has had black mayors going back to the 1970s, and Georgia currently has a black Democratic U.S. senator (a Morehouse graduate) who won re-election by defeating a black Republican.

Mr. Obama told Morehouse graduates that if they act responsibly and make good choices, they can live productive and fulfilling lives in a society that has never had more to offer them. Mr. Biden suggested that the graduates see themselves in George Floyd. “If black men are being killed on the streets, we bear witness,” Mr. Biden said. “For me, that means to call out the poison of white supremacy, to root out systemic racism.”

Which is fine, but what is the connection between white supremacy and black homicides when nearly all black murder victims are killed not by white people or police officers but by other black people? Name-checking Floyd in front of a black audience doesn’t change that reality, and using a convicted felon and drug addict as a poster child for black men in this country is deeply insulting.

Given that Mr. Biden lacks Mr. Obama’s unique standing among blacks, let’s concede that these comparisons aren’t entirely fair. They do, however, offer insights into what Mr. Biden believes black people want to hear from their president in an election year. Mr. Biden’s speech revealed someone who doesn’t believe that black people can or should be held to the same standards as other groups. He believes they want to be told constantly that racial inequality is entirely the fault of others and the responsibility of others to address. He believes they need lectures from him about racism.

If the president’s slipping support among black voters is any indication, he’s wrong on all counts. And if Morehouse College can’t do better in choosing a commencement speaker next year, just replay Mr. Obama’s address.

my BS detector leads me to believe this writer took two sentences out of a much longer speech to make a point that was not likely central to the president' address.

here's the conclusion of Biden's address at Morehouse. Does this align with how Riley described the speech?

That cap on your head proves you’ve earned your crown. The question is now, 25 years from now, 50 years from now, when you’re asked to stand and address the next generation of Morehouse men, what will you say you did with that power you’ve earned? What will you say you’ve done for your family, for your community, your country when it mattered most?

I know what we can do. Together, we’re capable of building a democracy worthy of our dreams; a future where every — even more of your brothers and sisters can follow their dreams; a boundless future where your legacies lift us up t- — so those who follow; a bigger, brighter future that proves the American Dream is big enough for everyone to succeed.

Class of 2024, four years ago, it felt probably like Saturday. Four years later, you made it to Sunday, to commencement, to the beginning. And with faith and determination, you can push the sun above the horizon once more. You can reveal a light hope — and that’s not — I’m not kidding — for yourself and for your nation. “

The prayers of a righteous man availeth much.” A righteous man. A good man. A Morehouse man.

God bless you all. We’re expecting a lot from you.Thank you. (Applause.)

I think not.

Surprise, mtierney is sharing things that are misleading or flat out untrue again.

mtierney said:

By Jason L. Riley

Only in Mr. Biden’s imagination would it be “natural” for the black people in that audience—many of whom were second- and third-generation college graduates—to wonder if democracy is working for them.

Most say democracy is important for the U.S. identity, but few think it is functioning well (AP-NORC poll, March 2024)

The fact that many now turn to Facebook and other social media for their news is part of the problem.  The erosion of the Fourth Estate proves its importance in keeping a democracy running.  

Our news system is to blame for keeping Americans not just unaware of the good economic news, but believing the opposite. Over fifty percent believe we’re in a recession! Just goes to show not enough people follow the stock market….these same people also think unemployment is at an all time high!! And inflation is increasing!! 
      I would have to agree, a lot of people don’t follow politics, they read all this misinformation on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and believe it..

Jaytee said:

Our news system is to blame for keeping Americans not just unaware of the good economic news, but believing the opposite. Over fifty percent believe we’re in a recession! Just goes to show not enough people follow the stock market….these same people also think unemployment is at an all time high!! And inflation is increasing!! 
      I would have to agree, a lot of people don’t follow politics, they read all this misinformation on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and believe it..

Agree but wondering why Biden or at least his team are not announcing the never ending record breaking market numbers, Trump used to hold press conferences and announce almost daily every time the Dow moved and every new unemployment number. At least Morning Joe has Andrew Ross Sorkiin or Steve Ratner on giving updates.

They need to talk to people. Trump was out there ad nauseum with his signature marker, every time he signed a bill. 

Get the Lincoln Project to create ads.

Hire Donny Deutsch for some marketing to the middle. 

Morganna said:

Agree but wondering why Biden or at least his team are not announcing the never ending record breaking market numbers, Trump used to hold press conferences and announce almost daily every time the Dow moved and every new unemployment number. At least Morning Joe has Andrew Ross Sorkiin or Steve Ratner on giving updates.

They need to talk to people. Trump was out there ad nauseum with his signature marker, every time he signed a bill. 

Get the Lincoln Project to create ads.

Hire Donny Deutsch for some marketing to the middle. 

It’s frustrating! The only thing I can think of is Biden is waiting for summer to really crank it up. 

Speaking of “cranking up,” Today is the first day since returning from my grandchild’s graduation that I feel up to reading anything other than drug use info found in a prescription box — what are the chances of a successful legal action against “big pharm”?

Screenshot
      ELECTION 2024

What’s The Dems’ Plan B If Lawfare Doesn’t Stop Trump? We Have Some Ideas

I & I Editorial BoardMay 24, 20243 comments

Next Tuesday both sides will present their closing arguments in the People of the State of New York v. Donald J. Trump, a case that exists for one reason only: to stop Trump from ever occupying the White House again.

But what if this doesn’t work? What if there’s a hung jury or, worse yet, an acquittal? What if none of the 88 trumped-up felony charges results in a conviction and voters actually have a chance to elect Trump, should they prefer him over the decrepit failure known as Joe Biden?

What is the Democrats’ Plan B?

They must have one. Democrats are nothing if not always prepared. And they’ve already made it clear that they will do anything to stop Trump. Anything, that is, except run on the issues.

It looks increasingly likely that they will need a plan. Democrats bent and twisted the law into impossible shapes to rack up those felony charges against a political opponent. Now the seams are showing.

After Michael Cohen’s disastrous turn on the stand in the “hush money” trial undermined the bedrock of this case, even CNN is hedging its bets on the outcome.

The case has already failed to live up to its billing as political kryptonite. A Yahoo News/YouGov poll found that a mere 16% say they’re following the trial closely. Cable news ratings are down. New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg whined about how, “when people were asked how the trial made them feel, the most common response was ‘bored’.”

Of course, none of that will matter to the jury, which could very well render a guilty verdict. But even Goldberg admits that this won’t necessarily stop Trump, given that he’s unlikely to be sent to prison before his appeals are heard.

The other cases are faring just as poorly. Fani Willis, the lying district attorney prosecuting the Georgia election interference case, could get booted now that an appeals court has agreed to hear Trump’s challenge to have her removed. Either way, it means further delays which will likely prevent the case from going to trial before the election.

The federal case involving classified documents at Mar-a-Lago – which Biden’s Justice Department wanted to fast-track before the election – is also falling apart after delays, revelations that prosecutors mishandled the documents, challenges to the legality of Jack Smith’s appointment as special counsel, and the fact that the wheels of justice grind slowly.

The $354 million in penalties in a civil trial for a victimless crime that wasn’t a crime was supposed to wipe out Trump, but didn’t.

And, of course, the Supreme Court seemed to indicate in its questions during oral arguments about Trump’s immunity claim that it could side at least partially with the former president.

You can tell when each one of these anti-Trump bombshells turns out to be a dud from the hair-on-fire reaction from the left. After Judge Aileen Cannon announced a delay in the documents trial to weigh all the complexities involved, which will likely postpone it until after the election, Democrats accused her of “deliberately slow-walking the case.” After the Supreme Court appeared skeptical of the government’s arguments in the immunity case, a New York Times columnist said the justices “directly intervened in the 2024 presidential election.”

It seems there is no institution that Democrats won’t tear down in their zeal to “protect democracy.”

So, what is their Plan B? Here are some options we would guess that Democrats are currently considering.

Dump Biden. Democrats know if Trump survives all these legal attacks, he will likely crush Biden. Even in the midst of all this legal wrangling, Trump’s numbers have only solidified while Biden’s continue to sag. We’ve long suspected that swapping Biden out at the last minute has been the Democrats’ plan for some time, especially since mainstream reporters started parroting Democratic talking points about how Biden was 100% guaranteed to be the nominee.

Now the talk of replacing Biden has developed a sense of urgency we haven’t seen before. There is even open speculation that the reason the White House suddenly agreed to debate Trump and do so in June – before either candidate is officially nominated at their conventions – is to give Democrats time to replace Biden if he falls on his face.

Reassemble the election rigging team. After the 2020 elections, Time magazine ran a glowing feature about how a cabal of leftist groups, businessmen, Big Tech, and others “scrambled to shore up America’s institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined president. … Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding.”

Time was careful to claim that none of this was designed to defeat Trump, but to retain the integrity of the election. Seriously? Who are they kidding?

In any case, evidence is currently emerging that the Biden administration has been using taxpayer money on a government-wide effort to selectively register voters most likely to vote for the Democrat – i.e., rig the election.

Cheat. The reason so many Americans believe that Biden stole the 2020 election is because of the many glaring irregularities that occurred that November, all of which just happened to occur in areas Democrats controlled in swing states that Biden captured by the narrowest of margins. Even if election fraud is widespread and obvious, the same institutions that rallied to “save” the 2020 election will deny it all and accuse anyone who claims otherwise of being an insurrectionist.

Call off the election. Don’t be surprised if things really look bad for Democrats that they start talking about why a free and democratic election must be postponed or canceled because Trump is such a danger to democracy.

The A-word. Democrats have been wishing Trump would die – Biden’s former press secretary, Jenn Psaki, recently dreamed that: “Maybe Donald Trump will go away. Maybe he’ll go to jail. Maybe he will die. Not to be too morbid. But maybe. He’s not a young man.” Could some deranged Democrat actually act on this death wish?

This is all just wild speculation of course. But the one thing you can count on Democrats notdoing between now and Nov. 5 is to engage Trump in a debate over policy, Biden’s dismal record as president, or anything substantive.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board

That WSJ article is really about what Trump would do in a similar situation.  It isn't about what the Democrats might do.

Having said that the Biden campaign should tout his many achievements and not run on Trump's character.  If somebody doesn't think that Trump's character is disqualifying, there is nothing that Democrat's might say that will convince them otherwise.

tjohn says: "If somebody doesn't think that Trump's character is disqualifying, there is nothing that Democrat's might say that will convince them otherwise."

True, but i think it will be good to point out that a second T term can be expected to be worse/more extreme than the first, given that he (and importantly, his advisers/manipulators) now have plans, and there are no longer "adults in the room" inclined to restrain them.

But yes, absolutely do more to get out the word about Biden administration accomplishments.

mtierney said:

Speaking of “cranking up,” Today is the first day since returning from my grandchild’s graduation that I feel up to reading anything other than drug use info found in a prescription box — what are the chances of a successful legal action against “big pharm”?

ELECTION 2024

What’s The Dems’ Plan B If Lawfare Doesn’t Stop Trump? We Have Some Ideas

I & I Editorial BoardMay 24, 20243 comments

Next Tuesday both sides will present their closing arguments in the People of the State of New York v. Donald J. Trump, a case that exists for one reason only: to stop Trump from ever occupying the White House again.

But what if this doesn’t work? What if there’s a hung jury or, worse yet, an acquittal? What if none of the 88 trumped-up felony charges results in a conviction and voters actually have a chance to elect Trump, should they prefer him over the decrepit failure known as Joe Biden?

What is the Democrats’ Plan B?

They must have one. Democrats are nothing if not always prepared. And they’ve already made it clear that they will do anything to stop Trump. Anything, that is, except run on the issues.

It looks increasingly likely that they will need a plan. Democrats bent and twisted the law into impossible shapes to rack up those felony charges against a political opponent. Now the seams are showing.

After Michael Cohen’s disastrous turn on the stand in the “hush money” trial undermined the bedrock of this case, even CNN is hedging its bets on the outcome.

The case has already failed to live up to its billing as political kryptonite. A Yahoo News/YouGov poll found that a mere 16% say they’re following the trial closely. Cable news ratings are down. New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg whined about how, “when people were asked how the trial made them feel, the most common response was ‘bored’.”

Of course, none of that will matter to the jury, which could very well render a guilty verdict. But even Goldberg admits that this won’t necessarily stop Trump, given that he’s unlikely to be sent to prison before his appeals are heard.

The other cases are faring just as poorly. Fani Willis, the lying district attorney prosecuting the Georgia election interference case, could get booted now that an appeals court has agreed to hear Trump’s challenge to have her removed. Either way, it means further delays which will likely prevent the case from going to trial before the election.

The federal case involving classified documents at Mar-a-Lago – which Biden’s Justice Department wanted to fast-track before the election – is also falling apart after delays, revelations that prosecutors mishandled the documents, challenges to the legality of Jack Smith’s appointment as special counsel, and the fact that the wheels of justice grind slowly.

The $354 million in penalties in a civil trial for a victimless crime that wasn’t a crime was supposed to wipe out Trump, but didn’t.

And, of course, the Supreme Court seemed to indicate in its questions during oral arguments about Trump’s immunity claim that it could side at least partially with the former president.

You can tell when each one of these anti-Trump bombshells turns out to be a dud from the hair-on-fire reaction from the left. After Judge Aileen Cannon announced a delay in the documents trial to weigh all the complexities involved, which will likely postpone it until after the election, Democrats accused her of “deliberately slow-walking the case.” After the Supreme Court appeared skeptical of the government’s arguments in the immunity case, a New York Times columnist said the justices “directly intervened in the 2024 presidential election.”

It seems there is no institution that Democrats won’t tear down in their zeal to “protect democracy.”

So, what is their Plan B? Here are some options we would guess that Democrats are currently considering.

Dump Biden. Democrats know if Trump survives all these legal attacks, he will likely crush Biden. Even in the midst of all this legal wrangling, Trump’s numbers have only solidified while Biden’s continue to sag. We’ve long suspected that swapping Biden out at the last minute has been the Democrats’ plan for some time, especially since mainstream reporters started parroting Democratic talking points about how Biden was 100% guaranteed to be the nominee.

Now the talk of replacing Biden has developed a sense of urgency we haven’t seen before. There is even open speculation that the reason the White House suddenly agreed to debate Trump and do so in June – before either candidate is officially nominated at their conventions – is to give Democrats time to replace Biden if he falls on his face.

Reassemble the election rigging team. After the 2020 elections, Time magazine ran a glowing feature about how a cabal of leftist groups, businessmen, Big Tech, and others “scrambled to shore up America’s institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined president. … Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding.”

Time was careful to claim that none of this was designed to defeat Trump, but to retain the integrity of the election. Seriously? Who are they kidding?

In any case, evidence is currently emerging that the Biden administration has been using taxpayer money on a government-wide effort to selectively register voters most likely to vote for the Democrat – i.e., rig the election.

Cheat. The reason so many Americans believe that Biden stole the 2020 election is because of the many glaring irregularities that occurred that November, all of which just happened to occur in areas Democrats controlled in swing states that Biden captured by the narrowest of margins. Even if election fraud is widespread and obvious, the same institutions that rallied to “save” the 2020 election will deny it all and accuse anyone who claims otherwise of being an insurrectionist.

Call off the election. Don’t be surprised if things really look bad for Democrats that they start talking about why a free and democratic election must be postponed or canceled because Trump is such a danger to democracy.

The A-word. Democrats have been wishing Trump would die – Biden’s former press secretary, Jenn Psaki, recently dreamed that: “Maybe Donald Trump will go away. Maybe he’ll go to jail. Maybe he will die. Not to be too morbid. But maybe. He’s not a young man.” Could some deranged Democrat actually act on this death wish?

This is all just wild speculation of course. But the one thing you can count on Democrats notdoing between now and Nov. 5 is to engage Trump in a debate over policy, Biden’s dismal record as president, or anything substantive.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board

what a handy headline. they included the word Lawfare to let us all know that the article would be wall to wall unmitigated b.s. and not worth reading.

thanks.

drummerboy said:

what a handy headline. they included the word Lawfare to let us all know that the article would be wall to wall unmitigated b.s. and not worth reading.

thanks.

Looks like they started with Biden stole the election and went backwards from there. You'd get more sense from a washboard than the I&I Editorial Board.

I'm highlighting this and sincerely questioning if any Republican truly believes that the Trump picks have been honest. Without digging up the videos, which I'm tempted to add, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Cony Barrett argued they believed in precedence with regard to Roe v Wade. They then went against their word. 

mtierney, do you agree with that conclusion? Did they go against their word?

To me if follows that Democrats will be skeptical of their judgement in his new case.

mtierney said:

I & I Editorial Board May 24, 20243 comments

” After the Supreme Court appeared skeptical of the government’s arguments in the immunity case, a New York Times columnist said the justices “directly intervened in the 2024 presidential election.”

No one takes the WSJ editorials seriously. It's just a way to fill a page or two to sell investment ads around.  Their news bureau is very good, but curiously I have never seen mtierney quote anything from them. 

@dave….I have been out of touch with what’s happening due to a really bad reaction to a new — widely advertised — wonder drug since Monday. Thankfully, my grandchild’s graduation last weekend went off without a hitch and it was a wonderful family celebration.

I am flattered you read my posts Dave, but I do frequently try to reproduce entire WSJ articles — both news and opinion. I do so because I have a subscription and a few regular MOL posters do not, so links do not work for them.

Wish I could say I have caught up on my reading, but the past week has been rough.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!