The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

True to my word, here are the posts reporting me for having revealed the underbelly of the real estate tax lien grab and its crushing burden on long time residents. I posted the NYT fire story — a second time — on Jamie’s thread on how to improve MOL. The initial posting, I suspect, has apparently been deleted.

Reported. That's not what the originally reported post was about, and so it's an untrue statement about what I reported.

mtierney said:

True to my word, here are the posts reporting me for having revealed the underbelly of the real estate tax lien grab and its crushing burden on long time residents. I posted the NYT fire story — a second time — on Jamie’s thread on how to improve MOL. The initial posting, I suspect, has apparently been deleted.

why do you keep lying about this incident? The first objections to your comments were because you were fishing for gossip about the fire before anything had been officially confirmed by authorities. The second was when you followed it up by trying to blame the unfortunate outcome on what you thought was callous disregard by neighbors. I understand why you might want to believe that "libs" are terrible, cruel, hypocritical people. But in this particular case your insinuations were way off base.

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Reported. That's not what the originally reported post was about, and so it's an untrue statement about what I reported.

How do you spell “convoluted”? Perhaps the resident troll can translate. Let’s wait two or three seconds for they to respond.

Lying here is particularly absurd since everyone who posts here saw her original comments.

You forgot the trigger warning.

Again.

Also, I find your unnatural interest in eating slugs disturbing if not a bit repulsive.

I believe this post from David’s thread two weeks ago is a timeline that puts this whole, sad social issue in perspective.

Some here care little for those victims,  present and future, in order to further their animosity toward this messenger for their own political and religious views. Rather shameful  and selfish in my view.

Will they, instead, step up and attend meetings, call legislators, local officials, alert senior citizen groups to the potential dangers, etc? Or, will they  just continue to do nothing?

mtierney said:

I believe this post from David’s thread two weeks ago is a timeline that puts this whole, sad social issue in perspective.

AGAIN

When you made your posts, you didn't know anything about the tax or real estate issue involved.  You just wanted to exploit some poor women's pain to make your ill conceived point.

Also, Mitzi, the poster in question's handle is "Dave". Learn to read.

On this President’s Day, someone had some fun…

New levels of craziness at the highest levels of the GOP. 

Secede? Yup, let’s lose the burden of the unhealthy, ill-educated, and unproductive masses. Yeah, I know that’s awful to say but it feels good.

I believe the president’s trip to Ukraine for a F2F with Zelenskyy was courageous and surely sent the Ukrainians hope.

Back in the day, some of you might recall Maplewood celebrated Ukrainian Independence Day at  an annual special meeting in the Municipal Building — there were a large number of Ukrainians living in town. The Ukraine flag was flown, along with ours.

mtierney said:

I believe the president’s trip to Ukraine for a F2F with Zelenskyy was courageous and surely sent the Ukrainians hope.

Back in the day, some of you might recall Maplewood celebrated Ukrainian Independence Day at  an annual special meeting in the Municipal Building — there were a large number of Ukrainians living in town. The Ukraine flag was flown, along with ours.

Paul Surovell says that some of them support Russia's invasion, but of course he would say that.

Better to go out a “winner” than a loser — and it solves the question of what to do with Kamala…

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/22/bidenworld-joe-may-not-run-2024-00083905

Before you summarily reject this source, may I remind you that the supreme court leak (still unsolved) came from Politico.

mtierney said:

Before you summarily reject this source, may I remind you that the supreme court leak (still unsolved) came from Politico.

The "supreme court leak" most likely came from a conservative justice, so that's no recommendation here.

Who knows what other info has been revealed by these loose lipped social butterflies or their spouses as they frolic in right-wing circles in DC and at various conferences. I hear that Ginny is a hoot when she starts up with the Q-anon theories and election-denying "evidence."  cheese

mtierney said:

Better to go out a “winner” than a loser — and it solves the question of what to do with Kamala…

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/22/bidenworld-joe-may-not-run-2024-00083905

I don't reject the source. I reject the notion that the column is newsworthy. Of course Biden may not run. OTOH he may.

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Paul Surovell says that some of them support Russia's invasion, but of course he would say that.

I should know better than to click on a link without thinking. The page didn't even load, but it still caused me to break my 11,000 post streak of not opening the "whatabout" thread.

LOL

Ml1:   “I should know better than to click on a link without thinking. The page didn't even load, but it still caused me to break my 11,000 post streak of not opening the "whatabout" thread.”

Really? Are you sure?  

Politco has launched a very user-friendly web site — it’s easy-peasey — even for this Luddite!

mtierney said:

Ml1:   “I should know better than to click on a link without thinking. The page didn't even load, but it still caused me to break my 11,000 post streak of not opening the "whatabout" thread.”

Really? Are you sure?  

Politco has launched a very user-friendly web site — it’s easy-peasey — even for this Luddite!

um, no.

read the post that I quoted to find out what link I was referring to.

mtierney said:

Really? Are you sure?  

nohero's link, not yours.

nohero said:

mtierney said:

The "supreme court leak" most likely came from a conservative justice, so that's no recommendation here.

Evidence please.

RealityForAll said:

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Evidence please.

Obviously there's no actual evidence in this case. But there is evidence that Alito did it before as referenced in this NYT article from last year (gifted for those outside the paywall).

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/us/supreme-court-leak-abortion-roe-wade.html?unlocked_article_code=8Fo_PLU7l9nScSzaKBVmf-CWhDSXtMGtqU3d1m-jDZQ6QLC_1lQsPIdpGma90tv31oS3OZvtyf9SsN_7uQpxG_-ORL22SrvONZU_FRzKZFUWndIXJeOofk7O96TsLd8mXMoGrfOHoGPOYHI7vgdEkle1vSjcQG9aMyF4ebIDmy4DfljDBHS0e4QF0WGLGQZra55YICG3knIo71IRuf_ePX-zIPLd_wFF8YekvrVXhT-dXhllwOhz5try3ueqkbVSLH6_RYP2xUg_FHc06kbpY2SJ00XYRiDvFwNN8OB4VJY5mL_xAfCB6DZStmJ-LYourZKlkNRw6aGZF5XUnq_yC9i8NsX2-9SbdF0&smid=url-share

In a letter to Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and in interviews with The New York Times, the Rev. Rob Schenck said he was told the outcome of the 2014 case weeks before it was announced. He used that information to prepare a public relations push, records show, and he said that at the last minute he tipped off the president of Hobby Lobby, the craft store chain owned by Christian evangelicals that was the winning party in the case.

Both court decisions were triumphs for conservatives and the religious right. Both majority opinions were written by Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. But the leak of the draft opinion overturning the constitutional right to abortion was disclosed in the news media by Politico, setting off a national uproar. With Hobby Lobby, according to Mr. Schenck, the outcome was shared with only a handful of advocates.

Mr. Schenck’s allegation creates an unusual, contentious situation: a minister who spent years at the center of the anti-abortion movement, now turned whistle-blower; a denial by a sitting justice; and an institution that shows little outward sign of getting to the bottom of the recent leak of the abortion ruling or of following up on Mr. Schenck’s allegation.

The last few posts are tripping over each other.

me. 8:47 …Before you summarily reject this source, may I remind you that the supreme court leak (still unsolved) came from Politico.

nohero. 9:21…The "supreme court leak" most likely came from a conservative justice, so that's no recommendation here.

Ml1 11:09…I should know better than to click on a link without thinking. The page didn't even load, but it still caused me to break my 11,000 post streak of not opening the "whatabout" thread.

Ml1..12:58. 

um, no.

read the post that I quoted to find out what link I was referring to.

Ridski 1:49 ”nohero's link, not yours”

So, who is on first?

mtierney said:

You’re the only one who’s tripping, mtierney.

mtierney said:

me. 8:47 …Before you summarily reject this source, may I remind you that the supreme court leak (still unsolved) came from Politico.

nohero. 9:21…The "supreme court leak" most likely came from a conservative justice, so that's no recommendation here.

Ml1 11:09…I should know better than to click on a link without thinking. The page didn't even load, but it still caused me to break my 11,000 post streak of not opening the "whatabout" thread.

Ml1..12:58. 

um, no.

read the post that I quoted to find out what link I was referring to.

Ridski 1:49 ”nohero's link, not yours”

So, who is on first?

FFS… ml1 was talking about the link in nohero’s post here https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/subforum/what-is-being-said-in-the-rose-garden-what-s-happening-in-washington/politics-plus?page=next&limit=36000#discussion-replies-3611978

Keep up.

DaveSchmidt said:

mtierney said:

You’re the only one who’s tripping, mtierney.

the last person I'd have suspected. 

The Boys Club rallies in unison. I consider “tripping” as my likely exit line  — no joy ride!

mtierney said:

The Boys Club rallies in unison. I consider “tripping” as my likely exit line  — no joy ride!

the "club" was trying to help you get past your confusion because it seemed like the first response (and the second, and the third) didn't clarify things for you. It was a team effort to try and help. Which apparently is still failing.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.