The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney posted the following cartoon:

Do you realize that, when this is all done, the Speakership will be a meaningless sinecure and those clowns will be running the House?

The logical conclusion of your votes over the last decade.

Jaytee said:

you need Jesus…

We all do, Jaytee,  some more than others.

Thank heaven, Biden is going to our southern border this Sunday — very first trip since his presidential election, or his terms as vice president, Hallelujah! 

Two million migrants have entered that we know about, just over the last year — but the president and his veep have repeatedly declared that the border is closed. Comments from our official in charge are unrelated to reality. How come Myorkas still has his post?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/politics/immigration-title-42-what-matters/index.html

mtierney said:

Thank heaven, Biden is going to our southern border this Sunday — very first trip since his presidential election, or his terms as vice president, Hallelujah! 

Two million migrants have entered that we know about, just over the last year — but the president and his veep have repeatedly declared that the border is closed. Comments from our official in charge are unrelated to reality. How come Myorkas still has his post?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/politics/immigration-title-42-what-matters/index.html

his visit will accomplish what, exactly?

And I doubt you can find even one instance where Biden or Harris has declared the border closed, except in the endless empty caverns of your mind.

But thanks again for another fine post exemplifying right-wing delusions.

drummerboy said:

his visit will accomplish what, exactly?

And I doubt you can find even one instance where Biden or Harris has declared the border closed, except in the endless empty caverns of your mind.

But thanks again for another fine post exemplifying right-wing delusions.

If Google is delusional…..Ohio has Google, right?

Fun fact. Your google search results are algorithm based, meaning you're more likely to see the results you want to see. Here's what I get with the same search.

Also, I thought the argument was that Biden had said the border was open, which is why we had so many migrants coming through? Now they're saying it's closed? If it's closed, why are we processing so many migrants?

mtierney said:

If Google is delusional…..Ohio has Google, right?

ridski said:

Fun fact. Your google search results are algorithm based, meaning you're more likely to see the results you want to see. Here's what I get with the same search.

LOL!!! 

Technological illiteracy.  This explains so, so much of what mtierney posts. 

If the border was closed, how were we getting avocados?

We know that "Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

The Republicans have it, as they actually still follow Trump's lead. As the new "Speaker of the House" said right after he was finally allowed to win -

I liked the guy who shouted out "On your knees!" as McCarthy approached his new master, Gaetz.

ridski said:

Ugh - that's depressing.  I thought the FB algorithm was the root of all evil.

jamie said:

ridski said:

Ugh - that's depressing.  I thought the FB algorithm was the root of all evil.

well you get what you pay for

ridski said:

“Fun fact. Your google search results are algorithm based, meaning you're more likely to see the results you want to see. Here's what I get with the same search.”

Would that not be also true for libs and progressives, Ridski?

mtierney said:

ridski said:

“Fun fact. Your google search results are algorithm based, meaning you're more likely to see the results you want to see. Here's what I get with the same search.”

while that would likely be true for the libs and progressives, the difference is that they are living in fact-based reality. Right wing nuts like yourself are not. So the results you are shown aren't guaranteed to actually point to anything truthful. 

If MT googled the word Margarine… Marjorie Taylor Greene pops up.

mtierney said:

ridski said:

It would be but the libs and progressives here know better than to try to use a screen shot of a google page as evidence to support their argument.

The problem (or at least this particular problem) isn't that google is telling you what you want to hear.  The problem is that what you want to hear is lies, lies and more lies.

mtierney said:

ridski said:

Yes, that was the point of his post.

GoSlugs said:

It would be but the libs and progressives here know better than to try to use a screen shot of a google page as evidence to support their argument.

The problem (or at least this particular problem) isn't that google is telling you what you want to hear.  The problem is that what you want to hear is lies, lies and more lies.

LOL. All kinds of people here use screen shots of Google searches to prove their points. I’ve done it myself I’m sure. Fact is, Google tries to help you find the things you want quicker by using your previous searches to filter out unnecessary results. So, if you spent a couple of days searching for naked pictures of Hunter Biden by googling “Hunter Biden’s laptop” just googling “Hunter’s laptop” won’t give you results for 10 best laptops to go hunting with anymore.

mtierney said:

ridski said:

Probably. I wouldn’t know, as I’m neither of those.

ridski said:

GoSlugs said:

LOL. All kinds of people here use screen shots of Google searches to prove their points. I’ve done it myself I’m sure. Fact is, Google tries to help you find the things you want quicker by using your previous searches to filter out unnecessary results. So, if you spent a couple of days searching for naked pictures of Hunter Biden by googling “Hunter Biden’s laptop” just googling “Hunter’s laptop” won’t give you results for 10 best laptops to go hunting with anymore.

I'm pretty sure I've done it too. But usually just to show the vast number of articles that match a given search term. When someone is asking "why is no one covering this story??"

ml1 said:

ridski said:

GoSlugs said:

I'm pretty sure I've done it too. But usually just to show the vast number of articles that match a given search term. When someone is asking "why is no one covering this story??"

Interestingly, the algorithm might be the answer to that question.

ridski said:

LOL. All kinds of people here use screen shots of Google searches to prove their points. I’ve done it myself I’m sure. 

I don't think so.  I might use a google screen shot to argue that people are talking about the QAnon claim that Dems eat babies but I wouldn't use such a screen shot to argue that Dems actually eat babies, which is the sort of thing that mtierney was trying to do.

I tried to take a screen shot of a google search for "Qanon" but I just got a lot of stories about Majorie Taylor Greene.

Republicans are so crazy!

GoSlugs said:

I tried to take a screen shot of a google search for "Qanon" but I just got a lot of stories about Majorie Taylor Greene.

Republicans are so crazy!

try punching in “ butter” next time…

I learned how to type on an Underwood upright typewriter with blank keys, in the early 1950s,  with all ten fingers placed on the keys. A roll-down “map” of a keyboard on a wall was mostly kept rolled tightly up.

Algorithms —https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/algorithm

mtierney said:

I learned how to type on an Underwood upright typewriter with blank keys, in the early 1950s,  with all ten fingers placed on the keys. A roll-down “map” of a keyboard on a wall was mostly kept rolled tightly up.

Move to strike.  Non-responsive.

My (entirely female) family wouldn't let me take typing in high school because (according to my sister who was an audio touch typist and secretary, I "would forever be someone's secretary." I had to take physics instead.

Typing may have been the most useful high school class I took. (Physics suffers on my list because I don’t shoot pool.)

jimmurphy said:

mtierney said:

Move to strike.  Non-responsive.

He's on a roll.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.