The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

I really enjoyed Stephen Colbert’s monologue on these; heard a couple of others’ but his had me chuckling out loud. 

The ridiculous thing is that earlier this week our former PM Scott Morrison was facing legal scrutiny on his actions in a couple of notorious leadership scandals under the Coalition government. He’s known to have bragged in his church that Gd/Jesus chose him for Prime Minister. These NFT Superhero cards would totally suit him.  oh oh

And some people think the TDS pandemic is over! 

It is a self-infecting, self- generating condition spread among and by Democrats, still gobsmacked that 70 million Americans voted for the former president. I think DJT has long covid personally.

OTOH, I watched this pity party to the bitter end. Any comments? What has Harry proven? He and his wife are still living the good life at the homes of the rich and famous. The couple seeks validation for their petulance. Do they even know of the abdication of the English  king for the “woman I love” — also an American?

mtierney said:

It is a self-infecting, self- generating condition spread among and by Democrats, still gobsmacked that 70 million Americans voted for the former president. I think DJT has long covid personally.

OTOH, I watched this pity party to the bitter end. Any comments? What has Harry proven? He and his wife are still living the good life at the homes of the rich and famous. The couple seeks validation for their petulance. Do they even know of the abdication of the English  king for the “woman I love” — also an American?

TDS is alive and well and causing great damage to the Republican Party.  I am rather enjoying the Trumpster Dumpster file.

With regard to the British Monarchy - well, they smoothly transitioned from a pretty popular institution into a soap opera.  The Queen is irreplaceable.  

mtierney said:

Hilariously, I didn't vote for either Trump or Harry, yet you voted for one then gave your hard-earned social security money to pay to watch the other. So I win.

mtierney said:

I sent a note to the editorial page editor of the Star Ledger, Tom Moran, when they ran that cartoon the other day.

"One of today's @starledger editorial cartoons was incomprehensible to me, so I had to look it up.
Clearly, I don't spend enough time reading what the racist bottom-feeders get spun up about.
This is not a 'Thank you' for printing it."

Trump fans who buy a $99 NFT of him as a superhero will be entered to win a 'priceless' meeting at Mar-a-Lago — but they'll have to cover their own travel and lodging expenses….

Mtierney, I believe the then-Prince Charles attended the funeral of his great uncle, after his death in Paris (Ridski may remember more clearly). Charles and Diana attended the Duchess’s funeral in the mid-80s. (Both Duke and Duchess are buried in England) And given their education in ‘normal’ schools, as opposed to being tutored in the palaces, all the royal children since Queen Elizabeth II became a mum would have learnt modern British history, including The Abdication. (No need to watch various modern tv productions to gather what newspapers and gossip magazines delighted in) 

As the recent incident of the elderly courtier with outdated citizenship standards demonstrated, there are many levels of unhappiness and discomfort within the royal family. (It’s nothing new; I remember stories of Diana trying to kill herself, and Margaret being an alcoholic. Doesn’t mean I want or need to keep being updated on it.)

Also, how can TDS be a ‘thing’ when he’s the one doing his utmost to grab everyone’s attention?? Puzzling. Either the publicity works and we notice, or it fails and we totally ignore him. 

TDS would be a thing if he didn't announce his 2024 campaign and wasn't grifting millions of Americans.   The con never ends and needs to be exposed.  He's a demented, sad individual who actually needs help.

Could you imagine Obama selling trading cards???????????????????????????  We'd never hear the end of it!

mtierney said:

as a person of Irish descent, I'm surprised you care at all about the British monarchy. I'd be fine if the lot of them were put on an ice floe and set adrift.

jamie said:

TDS would be a thing if he didn't announce his 2024 campaign and wasn't grifting millions of Americans.   The con never ends and needs to be exposed.  He's a demented, sad individual who actually needs help.

Could you imagine Obama selling trading cards???????????????????????????  We'd never hear the end of it!

wasn't one of the big scandals about Obama that he was a "celebrity?" oh oh

jamie said:

or taking classified government documents to his home!!! Or inciting violence in DC!! And these morons have the audacity to claim people are suffering with TDS! Idiots, racist idiots!

ml1 said:

wasn't one of the big scandals about Obama that he was a "celebrity?"
oh oh

who smoked pot… cross dressed…and engaged in homosexual acts with Larry Sinclair…while snorting lines of cocaine in the back seat of a Volkswagen Beetle… 

Just the most handsome. A real man's man. 

This is the real Donald when he's not wearing his fat old man's disguise he uses to get others to underestimate him.

RTrent said:

Just the most handsome. A real man's man. 

This is the real Donald when he's not wearing his fat old man's disguise he uses to get others to underestimate him.

they still draw him with a comb over though grin

joanne said:

Also, how can TDS be a ‘thing’ when he’s the one doing his utmost to grab everyone’s attention?? 

There's a comment that could be made here but I will pass.

I don't know if anyone else here watches The Boys or reads the comics but I am picking up a major Homelander vibe off of that laser eyes card.  I wonder whether Trump watched the show and failed to understand that Homelander was the villain?  After all, he was dating that hot Storm Front chick. 

Mtierney, as an American you might not be aware of how intolerant of non-white people the former King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor was (and apparently his Duchess, too). He’s notorious for  very disparaging comments about our First Nations people, those in Canada and in the West Indies. And of course the couple are reported, by several reputable sources on both sides of the discussion, to be great admirers of Hitler and Nazism. 
So it’s hardly surprising that an elderly woman connected to the British nobility still holds racist views. It is surprising she’s connected to the Royal household and family, and probably had very contact with the current Duchess of Sussex.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-17/prince-william-godmother-apologises-ngozi-fulani-over-racism/101784596

joanne said:

Mtierney, as an American you might not be aware of how intolerant of non-white people the former King Edward VIII/Duke of Windsor was (and apparently his Duchess, too). He’s notorious for  very disparaging comments about our First Nations people, those in Canada and in the West Indies. And of course the couple are reported, by several reputable sources on both sides of the discussion, to be great admirers of Hitler and Nazism. 
So it’s hardly surprising that an elderly woman connected to the British nobility still holds racist views. It is surprising she’s connected to the Royal household and family, and probably had very contact with the current Duchess of Sussex.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-17/prince-william-godmother-apologises-ngozi-fulani-over-racism/101784596

one of the worst things about the royal family is that they can't even make a proper apology to the people around the world who have been victimized by their empire. It's always half-hearted at best. Here's what the Queen had to say about Ireland:

It is a sad and regrettable reality that through history our islands have experienced more than their fair share of heartache, turbulence and loss ... with the benefit of historical hindsight we can all see things which we wish had been done differently, or not at all.

yes, it was "regrettable."  vampire

and that's not even the worst example. The royals, kind of, sort of, maybe apologized (or not) for their part in the slave trade.

Very true. And even non-monarchists tended to like her, as a person. 
But the Windsors (Edward and Wallis) didn’t really hide their superiority very well, and it had little to do with his having been born royal. 

Now, Lady Susan, she’s a totally different matter and should’ve known better, as part of the modern royal Court/Household at the very least. 

jamie said:

As I have noted many times, TDS is alive and well here on MOL. Just stop referring to his behavior. Poof! You will begin to feel better, and begin to wonder why the presidential son’s Lap top got a pass by the liberal media. It is no longer a question of did they? 

Oh, please tell us your thoughts on why the White House (including the czar) have allowed the immigration crises to continue without comment. Kamala may have said something, I am not sure, actually.. President Biden only says “the border is closed”!

Folks here, whose knee jerk response to any immigration discussion is to use the race card whenever possible, haven’t noticed that, along with “brown people” (tad condescending IMO) arriving in the hundreds of thousands, have overlooked the black and white people in the numbers.

Do posters believe that intimidation of free speech by making racist allegations — certainly a bully’s prerogative — the proper approach?

GoSlugs said:

There's a comment that could be made here but I will pass.

Your restraint is appreciated.

That was addressed to me, though. cheese

Ok, I’m going out for a couple of hours  question

Ml1 wrote…
“one of the worst things about the royal family is that they can't even make a proper apology to the people around the world who have been victimized by their empire.” 

Describe “proper”. 

mtierney said:

As I have noted many times, TDS is alive and well here on MOL. Just stop referring to his behavior. Poof! You will begin to feel better, and begin to wonder why the presidential son’s Lap top got a pass by the liberal media. It is no longer a question of did they? 

Can you agree that if a presidential candidate says he's making a major announcement - it shouldn't be an actual con job to rip off his followers?

Or are you 100% behind his tactics?  People didn't even have a choice as to which picture they could buy!  What an absolute scam from the #1 scammer in chief.  Did you buy a NFT?

There are reports that the "artwork" for the Trump digital trading cards is other images to which Trump's face has been applied.

And there's this assessment - 

jamie said:

Can you agree that if a presidential candidate says he's making a major announcement - it shouldn't be an actual con job to rip off his followers?

Or are you 100% behind his tactics?  People didn't even have a choice as to which picture they could buy!  What an absolute scam from the #1 scammer in chief.  Did you buy a NFT?

Frankly, I missed his announcement, so cannot definitely say it was an “actual con job.” Learned of this latest TDS bug right here. 

Raising three boys, I probably tossed boxes of trading and baseball cards into the recycling bin over the years.

No one here, however, seems  concerned over Hunter & Co. running a fake art, money-laundering scheme, out of Washington, or Delaware, perhaps?

mtierney said:

Frankly, I missed his announcement, so cannot definitely say it was an “actual con job.” Learned of this latest TDS bug right here. 

Raising three boys, I probably tossed boxes of trading and baseball cards into the recycling bin over the years.

No one here, however, seems  concerned over Hunter & Co. running a fake art, money-laundering scheme, out of Washington, or Delaware, perhaps?

I'm sorry, what public office does Hunter Biden hold? What office is he running for? None? And what connections does this have to the president? None again?

Well yes, in that case I'm definitely far more concerned with the actions of the man who's most likely to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

mtierney said:

Ml1 wrote…
“one of the worst things about the royal family is that they can't even make a proper apology to the people around the world who have been victimized by their empire.” 

Describe “proper”. 

you don't see how the quote I provided isn't an apology at all? 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.