The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

The millions of people coming from all over the world, unvetted, and entering America illegally across our border over the last couple of years does not bode well. We have already learned that does help facilitate drug trafficking cartels, however.

mtierney said:

actually, I have read nothing regarding drugs found in immigrants’ possession at the border. 

mtierney said:

Jaytee said:

exactly… if that was the case none of the migrants won’t even make it to the wall with pounds of the stuff in their backpacks…

actually, I have read nothing regarding drugs found in immigrants’ possession at the border. Have you?

Bare naked lying...Does she really think we're that stupid?

Reading the Aussie fact sheet, I’m fairly sure I’ve been prescribed this in my dentist’s practice for minor gum & nerve procedures etc. I don’t recall feeling especially ‘euphoric’, relaxed or ‘high’. I also see that tramadol is listed as a related drug, towards the bottom of the sheet; I used to use tramadol as a migraine control before we found a better way to prevent the almost-daily attacks.

https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/resource/fentanyl  I really can’t see any attraction in taking these expensive drugs as recreational escapes.  long face

Well, they do say that reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

smugglers of contraband are not immigrants by definition — 

Border control, with proper vetting, would prevent those seeking to bring killer drugs into the United States and into our homes.  Instead, we have a president and vice president doing their best song and dance denying the border is even wide open.  If immigration is identified as a welcome sign for evildoers, God help those who are desperate and needy, seeking a better life in America.

Those who ignore the reality of a dangerous situation, for political reasons,  are  co-conspirators in the fentanyl nightmare here.

mtierney said:

smugglers of contraband are not immigrants by definition — 

Border control, with proper vetting, would prevent those seeking to bring killer drugs into the United States and into our homes.  Instead, we have a president and vice president doing their best song and dance denying the border is even wide open.  If immigration is identified as a welcome sign for evildoers, God help those who are desperate and needy, seeking a better life in America.

Those who ignore the reality of a dangerous situation, for political reasons,  are  co-conspirators in the fentanyl nightmare here.

The amount of naïveté on display here is simply astounding.  Even if we did manage to impose a North Korean style DMZ on the southern border, given the demand and the amounts of money involved, the producers would just find another way to provide their product.

The most obvious method would be to simply produce the drugs inside the borders of the US, bringing even more of the crime and violence associated with this trade into American back yards.

Either way, if the cross border trade in drugs were to dry up tomorrow, I doubt it would diminish mtierney's vitriol against brown people in any measurable way.  

mtierney said:

I repeat, this pizza parlor doesn't have a basement.

GoSlugs said:

The amount of naïveté on display here is simply astounding.  Even if we did manage to impose a North Korean style DMZ on the southern border, given the demand and the amounts of money involved, the producers would just find another way to provide their product.

The most obvious method would be to simply produce the drugs inside the borders of the US, bringing even more of the crime and violence associated with this trade into American back yards.

Either way, if the cross border trade in drugs were to dry up tomorrow, I doubt it would diminish mtierney's vitriol against brown people in any measurable way.  

It's happened before. When the Amezcua brothers were arrested in the late 90s, US meth makers had to find another product to make meth with and turned to Sudafed, and that's why it's restricted in the US today.

joanne said:

Reading the Aussie fact sheet, I’m fairly sure I’ve been prescribed this in my dentist’s practice for minor gum & nerve procedures etc. I don’t recall feeling especially ‘euphoric’, relaxed or ‘high’. I also see that tramadol is listed as a related drug, towards the bottom of the sheet; I used to use tramadol as a migraine control before we found a better way to prevent the almost-daily attacks.

https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/resource/fentanyl  I really can’t see any attraction in taking these expensive drugs as recreational escapes. 
long face

In reality, fentanyl is extremely cheap to produce, and most of time it's not taken by itself, but ground up and added to other more expensive drugs to stretch out the supply. So you'll find it in heroin, cocaine, and amphetamines. If you can get the balance right, adding a little fentanyl would seriously intensify the rush users normally experience, so users come back for more, and more frequently. That's what makes it so dangerous, that it's nearly impossible to know how much of it is in your drug of choice, even if you don't want it there.

For those who missed the big announcement today - 

nohero said:

It's hard to believe that's real.

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

LMFAO

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

They're real and they're spectacular.

nohero said:

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

LOL

Things you can say in a carnival and in bed.

nohero said:

Trump just opened up a massive laundromat for himself and his buddies.

Remember the NFT Melania released, then bought back for $70,000 below its asking price?

I mean, say what you will about Hunter Biden's paintings, but at least he paints them and when you buy one you can take it out the door and hang it up on your wall or set fire to it or whatever, but this guy's selling you jpgs at $100 a pop. It's mind-blowing. 

Does T**** merely want to be in the news - not matter the con?  Even mtierney has to admit this major announcement is a bit scammy.  Could you imagine if Hillary tried to do this?  Or Kamala?

It's never-ending with this grifter in chief.  

He is fading away though - right?

The collection is only 45,000.  ugh

At the end of the checkout process, customers are prompted to choose how many Trump Trading Cards they want to purchase. The pop-up promotes a guaranteed ticket to a gala dinner with Trump for purchasing 45 NFTs at once, as seen in the screenshot below. This would cost a customer $4455.

Background: 'Baked Alaska' pleads guilty to US Capitol riot charge | CNN Politics

nohero said:

Carton and Roberts were making fun of this on WFAN today. When talk radio clowns think think you're a clown...

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

NFT Trump is about 100 pounds thinner than real-life Trump

The mirrors on the ceilings in the bedrooms at mar-a-largo have a note that says…”objects in the mirror are smaller than they appear”

This stuff is beyond a SNL skit.  This guy was actually our president?  Maybe Jimmy Carter will come out with some NFTs as well!

I just can't decide which one to get.

jamie said:

This stuff is beyond a SNL skit.  This guy was actually our president?  Maybe Jimmy Carter will come out with some NFTs as well!

so many of the Trump cult seem to think of themselves as "alpha males," but so much of the Trump imagery is kind of homoerotic, don't you think? (not that there's anything wrong with it)

I mean, I think a couple of those images would fit right in with these guys

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/10/arts/lee-lorenz-dead.html

I was weened on New Yorker cartoons since I was a kid — probably explains my penchant for posting them. But that is a very long story for another time and place!

I never suspected you as a fan of Ween. 

Ween's drummer is a CHS grad and part of a group I was friends with (girlfriend's brother's friend).

Good to see Trump jumping the shark.  

jamie said:

Looks like you already got 4. Just keep copying the others for a full set and you'll have a ticket to Mar A Lago!

jamie said:

the Brokemon cards?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.