The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

So, technicalities keep nutcases on our streets? OK, got it.

Coincidentally. was talking with my Upper WestSide son earlier (who often calls me while walking around his neighborhood, running errands, etc). Suddenly I heard a man’s angry voice, shouting very loudly. I couldn’t make out what he was yelling about.

Concerned, I asked what was going on. My son explained that  stuff like that happens in his neighborhood  a lot. The guy is one of the locals who wandered around the streets, either talking to themselves, or looking for a fight, from the homeless shelter off Riverside Drive.

Protecting the vulnerable, mentally ill, or addicted population is humane — no one disputes that — but leaving them on the streets,  unsupervised, alone, to fend for themselves is not humane. The quality of life for the residents, workers, and businesses in these areas has to be considered, as well.

mtierney said:

You live in Ocean County. You're surrounded by MAGA-worshipping nutcases. 

mtierney said:

Coincidentally. was talking with my Upper WestSide son earlier (who often calls me while walking around his neighborhood, running errands, etc). Suddenly I heard a man’s angry voice, shouting very loudly. I couldn’t make out what he was yelling about.

Concerned, I asked what was going on. My son explained that  stuff like that happens in his neighborhood  a lot. The guy is one of the locals who wandered around the streets, either talking to themselves, or looking for a fight, from the homeless shelter off Riverside Drive.

Protecting the vulnerable, mentally ill, or addicted population is humane — no one disputes that — but leaving them on the streets,  unsupervised, alone, to fend for themselves is not humane. The quality of life for the residents, workers, and businesses in these areas has to be considered, as well.

there are times when I have a suspicion that your son likes to wind you up with tales of how supposedly dangerous the UWS is.

Crime in NY and most other places in the U.S. was WAY worse 30 years ago. That's not a reason for us to be complacent about crime. But it is a reason for us not to freak out.

My hubby rings me each evening from the train station, so I know what time to meet him at this end, for the short drive home. You should hear the daily over-loud screaming and yelling with all kinds of obscenities and in varied languages - even when there’s no competing noise from public announcements or moving trains. You’d think people are literally being physically torn apart, or the women being raped in front of D - but no, they’re talking on their phones, or ‘singing’ along to what’s playing in their teeny ear-plugs. Rarely, someone’s letting off steam after work (and that will last all the train journey too), or talking with a group of friends.

Not homeless. No sign of mental/emotional health issues. Just normal modern life in a modern State capital. 

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

there are times when I have a suspicion that your son likes to wind you up with tales of how supposedly dangerous the UWS is.

Crime in NY and most other places in the U.S. was WAY worse 30 years ago. That's not a reason for us to be complacent about crime. But it is a reason for us not to freak out.

not so, my son would, instead, try to minimize the issues in his neighborhood so as not to upset his Mom. Today, I caught the audio word for word. I would hope that no son would choose to upset his mother as a prank. Right?

mtierney said:

No, actually it's policies instigated by probably your favorite prez, Saint Ronnie.

So, who is going to vote for the spending needed to provide proper mental health services?  Certainly not Republicans.  Their concern for human life ends upon delivery.

mtierney said:

not so, my son would, instead, try to minimize the issues in his neighborhood so as not to upset his Mom. Today, I caught the audio word for word. I would hope that no son would choose to upset his mother as a prank. Right?

maybe 

ml1 said:

maybe 

my condolences 

mtierney said:

Picture the response from liberals if this analogy referred to black women?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/11/04/view-host-sunny-hostin-likens-white-republican-suburban-women-to-roaches-voting-for-raid/

I'm having a hard time picturing that because most Black women don't vote against their own civil rights. 

ml1 said:

I'm having a hard time picturing that because most Black women don't vote against their own civil rights. 

So you condone calling white Republican women “roaches” ? As insects go, roaches are filthy and deplorable and the bane of city dwellers everywhere.

Since your response implies that “some Black women might vote against their own civil rights”, what would you call them? 

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

So you condone calling white Republican women “roaches” ? As insects go, roaches are filthy and deplorable and the bane of city dwellers everywhere.

Since your response implies that “some Black women might vote against their own civil rights”, what would you call them? 

do you understand what an analogy is?

You guys just love being trolled by an old trumpenstein disciple…

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

This is 2022's "lipstick on a pig" overreaction.

The pig is back!

mtierney said:

meh. 

If someone used an insect analogy to describe Candace Owens I don't think there would be much outrage on "the left."

Plenty of pearl clutching and faux outage on the right though I'm sure. 

mtierney said:

ml1 said:

No one called anyone a roach; it’s an analogy. Stop pretending someone called someone a juvenile or insulting name a la trump. 

To be fair, mtierney is right. It’s unfair to call republican women roaches because as nasty as roaches are, they do still serve a purpose.

The last three responses from progressive Democrats  says it all…..

Deflection 

Denial

Does Amazon ship “purposeful” Democratic roaches — overnight?

Do you think Portland is getting woke finally?

mtierney said:

Deflection 

Denial

If anyone knows deflection it’s you. It might not be a flattering analogy but it’s still an analogy. Be best. 

This a whole passel of posts just because somebody doesn’t understand analogies 

mtierney said:

Deflection 

Denial

I'm neither a progressive nor a Democrat. 

ridski said:

Ringo: I’m a prat.

DaveSchmidt said:

ridski said:

Ringo: I’m a prat.

via GIPHY

So, most folks here would not have batted an Eye if, let’s say, our VP, or AOC, or Biden supporters on MOL, had been compared to roaches?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/11/04/view-host-sunny-hostin-likens-white-republican-suburban-women-to-roaches-voting-for-raid/

Peaceful protests... like 6 Jan.

Defund the police .... especially the capitol police

Inflation is transitory.... the Fed sets rates, not Joe Biden

End fossil fuels... yes

The border is secure... you mean Canada's?

Abort your babies to fight inflation.... said no one

mtierney said:

So, most folks here would not have batted an Eye if, let’s say, our VP, or AOC, or Biden supporters on MOL, had been compared to roaches?

Do you understand that this was an analogy and not a comparison?

mtierney said:

trump called his critics “human scum.” I don’t remember your outrage. Yet you’re upset about an analogy. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.