The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Look, mtierney, there's no there there. Didn't you get the memo that described this "controversy" as a potential October surprise. Didn't work. Time to move on. Mitt will have to go back to his mundane life as a zillionaire with several homes and a fortune. It's tough to face, but he'll get by. I'll pray for his soul...secretly, in a temple, without his permission.

GL2 said:

Look, mtierney, there's no there there. Didn't you get the memo that described this "controversy" as a potential October surprise. Didn't work. Time to move on.

I hope someone listens to this good advice.

GL2 said:

Look, mtierney, there's no there there. Didn't you get the memo that described this "controversy" as a potential October surprise. Didn't work. Time to move on. Mitt will have to go back to his mundane life as a zillionaire with several homes and a fortune. It's tough to face, but he'll get by. I'll pray for his soul...secretly, in a temple, without his permission.

The attack happened on September 11, 2012. The anniversary of 9/11.

The other "weapon" in the lib arsenal: Class Warfare! Give Romney a break! He is a successful businessman! Not a crime in America -- or so I thought!

Um, what?

Or! Should! I! Say!... What?!

mtierney said:

The other "weapon" in the lib arsenal: Class Warfare! Give Romney a break! He is a successful businessman! Not a crime in America -- or so I thought!

who's into class warfare? No one cares that Romney is a successful businessman. Most just don't think that the country is a business.

Also, I don't get the obsession with the actual date of 9/11.

MT - there are many ways to define success. Being a millionaire is just one very narrow way. Moreso if you stand on your daddy's shoulders to do so. And by getting rid of American jobs. But you know, Romney's just a regular guy whose voters were suppressed by that POTUS character. Poor thing.

rastro said:

Um, what?

Or! Should! I! Say!... What?!

I think that mtierney's at the end of her rope. No one will LISTEN TO HER!!!!

ffof said:

mtierney said:

who's into class warfare? No one cares that Romney is a successful businessman. Most just don't think that the country is a business.

Also, I don't get the obsession with the actual date of 9/11.

In advertising they call it "borrowed interest." They're simply trying to get some of the horror of the real 9/11 to rub off on Benghazi, so that you too can share in the faux outrage.

If they really cared about American lives they'd be pushing for Bush and Cheney to be tried in The Hague.

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CmklbvAKdUK-tPKah6QGVo4HgDvjyoeAC-NyRuj_wofOdngEIABABIO6k6gooAlC-lqP7A2DJ9vqKtKTYD8gBAakCKvlLIc1ltT7IAxuqBCJP0IWOPbvnLCMSAyabeoAONqFQxNx0h87QgtRwISdgenxD2AYE&sig=AOD64_0QHAjmrlVZekLFZamH1cg0K4hAZg&adurl=http://www.france24.com/en/20120917-libya-mystery-surrounds-benghazi-attack-consulate-usa-ambassador-stevens%3Fns_mchannel%3DSEM%26ns_source%3DGoogle%26ns_campaign%3DFrance%252024%2520US_Africa%26ns_linkname%3DLibya%2520-%2520US%2520Ambassador%2520killed%2520in%2520Benghazi_benghazi%2520attack%26ns_fee%3D0&nb=0&res_url=http%3A%2F%2Fquery.nytimes.com%2Fsearch%2Fsitesearch%2F&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2Fpages%2Ftodayspaper%2Findex.html&nm=2&is=555x143&clkt=5&nx=194&ny=9

The election is over. Let's review how this administration coped with a well-planned terrorist attack on the anniversary of the 9/11/01 deaths of 3,000 people. I was stunned by one poster's inability to see the 9/11/12 significance. It is not an obsession, it is remembering.

mtierney said:

Let's review how this administration coped with a well-planned terrorist attack on the anniversary of the 9/11/01 deaths of 3,000 people.

But that's not what you or the never-ending coverage of this on Fox News was or is doing. Fox was desperately trying to gin up a scandal to make the president look bad right before an election. They are trying to scare you of his administration. The right has been attempting to de-legitimize the president since Day One, and they haven't even been subtle about it. I'm sorry you got caught up in the hype.

There are legitimate questions about what happened in Benghazi. But there is no scandal.

I find it hilarious that a Republican is citing a French news source.

tom said:

In advertising they call it "borrowed interest." They're simply trying to get some of the horror of the real 9/11 to rub off on Benghazi, so that you too can share in the faux outrage.

Exhibit A:

mtierney said:

The election is over. Let's review how this administration coped with a well-planned terrorist attack on the anniversary of the 9/11/01 deaths of 3,000 people. I was stunned by one poster's inability to see the 9/11/12 significance. It is not an obsession, it is remembering.

mtierney said:

The funny folks with the razor sharp quips have arrived to derail this thread! You really need better material.

I tried to give a serious response, and yet it was ignored.

Now, if I were a conspiracy theorist....... cool cheese

Pssst...we're gonna cover the whole thing up. Pass it on.

What I see in this is a president and his officials taking time to get the facts before taking action. The attack could have easily been a provocation by one group attempting to lay blame on another. It's a complex world out there.

As I've said before, the disruption caused by the Republicans and their fellow travelers came pretty close to treason, but I'll go along with one of the earlier posters and just call it un-American.

GL2 said:

Pssst...we're gonna cover the whole thing up. Pass it on.

Setting up Patreus was easy. What's next?

As Obama said, the campaign has gotten so bad that I'm being accused of having two children in wedlock (2008).

A little off thread but thought I'd throw it in.

I love how the anointed one is defended so strenuously here. Even when clearly f@&$ing up.

. Some things never change.

cool hmm

Explain to us how he messed up.

SlyFoxy1 said:

I love how the anointed one is defended so strenuously here. Even when clearly f@&$ing up.

. Some things never change.

cool hmm

Why do you people keep on calling him the anointed one? Kind of odd.

And what Dave said. You guys have thrown so much shti against the wall on Benghazi to see what sticks that you can't even explain that the problem is anymore.

The covert world is full of *****-ups, as the latest CIA resignation reminds us. I have no doubt that the inquiry will reveal plenty of mistakes, such as why the "safe room" did not have better breathing apparatus (which seems like a fairly obvious precaution). There will be plenty of misjudgements to go round.

In the end, however, we have to respect the fact that Ambassador Stevens was a brave and intelligent man who chose to remain in a dangerous place because he felt it was his duty to do so. An inquiry is needed, but hysterical fault-finding for partisan ends is a dishonor to his service.

SlyFoxy1 said:

. Some things never change. cool hmm

He was elected, not anointed. Have a little respect.

All of this could have been avoided if we had sent ground troops in on day one of Liberate Libya. Because American deaths are minimized when we commit ground troops. cool cheese

Gaijin, it was a pre-existing building. The safe room was built in an area that didn't have windows, IIRC. Once it was determined no one else was in that building, the 4 in the safe room left to escape out a window, but only 2 of them made it.

My impression from the early reporting was that the victims had been overcome by smoke. But being wrong on this detail would certainly not change my opinion of Mr. Stevens.

They were, but after leaving the safe room, I believe.

dave said:

All of this could have been avoided if we had sent ground troops in on day one of Liberate Libya. Because American deaths are minimized when we commit ground troops. cool cheese

The trouble with that kind of thinking is that those nations we send troops to start relying on us in a sort of "learned helplessness" and then we can't leave without causing a catastrophe.

gaijin said:

In the end, however, we have to respect the fact that Ambassador Stevens was a brave and intelligent man who chose to remain in a dangerous place because he felt it was his duty to do so. An inquiry is needed, but hysterical fault-finding for partisan ends is a dishonor to his service.

Exactly.

gaijin said:

The covert world is full of *****-ups, as the latest CIA resignation reminds us. I have no doubt that the inquiry will reveal plenty of mistakes, such as why the "safe room" did not have better breathing apparatus (which seems like a fairly obvious precaution). There will be plenty of misjudgements to go round.

+1000

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.