Twitter is a Private Company

the new, improved twitter

One of my favorite Bluesky feeds looks like this...

ridski said:

why don't I understand this?

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

why don't I understand this?

Because it's the Science feed? The original post also showed up on my Indie Authors feed, too. Here's the description of the Science feed: A curated feed from Bluesky professional scientists, science communicators, and science/nature photographer/artists. It's really cool. I can live in that for an evening and be fascinated instead of being plagued by angerbots. I'm really liking it there.

I'm only using bsky occasionally so far. how would I subscribe to that feed?

never mind. got it. will that show up in my following feed, or do you have to pick it directly?

drummerboy said:

never mind. got it. will that show up in my following feed, or do you have to pick it directly?

Directly. But you can pin it so it shows up at the top next to the Following and Discover feeds.

A good summary - 

nohero said:

A good summary - 

when all the guys (almost always guys) started losing their **** over Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce being shown on NFL games that was my reaction. Must really suck to be them and be unable to appreciate someone else's happiness. I thought it was fun when they showed Taylor cheering for her guy. 

his a$$holery knows no bounds

drummerboy said:

And they count as a whole person, not 3/5 of one!

I'm so glad we have a man such as he actively running one of our most important social media platforms.

Fills me with such confidence for the future.

"This is the biggest corruption of American democracy in the 21st century"? For a smart guy, Elon is pretty ignorant if he thinks this is any different from what's been the case since slavery was abolished in the 19th century. 

drummerboy said:

he's doubling down

truly, what's his game? he can't possibly be so stupid as to believe this.

drummerboy said:

he's doubling down

truly, what's his game? he can't possibly be so stupid as to believe this.

So Texas is busing people to NY as a plot to increase the Empire State's voting power at the expense of its own?

Trump wasted time and money starting up his “truth social” platform… Elon is doing much better job of spreading misinformation. 

If you mock Elon's immigration ranting, that means you hate protecting the environment.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

You have to say, it seems odd that the administration has been allowing this to occur.  I am not saying Musk is right, but its a bit of a head scratcher.  

Further, its funny that now, in his 4th year as the situation has reached crisis levels, the administration has the balls to say that the problem is that Trump told people not to sign a bill they just came up with. And the bill is worthless.  80% of the funds in the bill had nothing to do w/ the border. 

Am I really to believe these people are that incompetent?

PVW said:

drummerboy said:

And they count as a whole person, not 3/5 of one!

Heck, I'm not even sure you're 3/5 of a person. 

terp said:

Like I said. Tyranny, only different targets.

terp said:

Oh, I think we long ago established that I'm one of the sheeple, one of the massive number of "political elite" who are ruining this country, and not among of the small, select group of "regular people" who have attained your level of wisdom.

he's still at it

how does voter id help you prove voter fraud? Isn't the ID supposed to prevent fraud?

wtf is he talking about?

Update on Elon the Free Speech Warrior - 

Good thread on Elon's Lemon icing - 

nohero said:

A thin-skinned rich dude who operates via petty whims and exhausting grievances and who calls every fair question a hit piece. Who does that remind you of?

Literally every right-wing figure who claims to care about free speech.

nohero said:

Update on Elon the Free Speech Warrior - 

Dang, that only took 6 pages of this thread.

Anyhoo, I'm watching the NSF channel on Youtube and rooting for a successful Starship mission.

@ridski, I’m breaking in here to share a gem I’ve just randomly found and thought you might like, for the nostalgia. If only life were so simple!

joanne said:

@ridski, I’m breaking in here to share a gem I’ve just randomly found and thought you might like, for the nostalgia. If only life were so simple!

I just got home from a night of local stand-ups and funny song parodies and this has just put the cap on it! Thank you! As a lover of both Thunderbirds and the Sultans of Ping, bravo... 

don't know if anyone is following the stonetoss fiasco, but this is just ridiculous behavior on Musk's part.

he just sinks lower every day

he also was the recent co-recipient of the RBG award, causing RBG's family to vehemently protest.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/03/justice-ginsburgs-family-decries-bestowing-rbg-award-on-elon-musk-and-rupert-murdoch/

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!