Twitter is a Private Company

Is Musk the worst CEO in the tech sector?

this upcoming change seems like a disaster in the making

Matt Taibbi completely missed this one. 

What happened to the whole freedom of speech thing on Twitter? I guess your speech is only available to all if you pay for it or you are famous.

the fact Twitter serves me up so much idiotic content from Ben Shapiro is one of the reasons for my decreased usage. The fact that they're boosting him explains his ubiquity in my feed.

yahooyahoo said:

What happened to the whole freedom of speech thing on Twitter? I guess your speech is only available to all if you pay for it or you are famous.

Is it a shock to learn that a billionaire equates speech with money?

https://github.com/twitter/the-algorithm/blob/7f90d0ca342b928b479b512ec51ac2c3821f5922/home-mixer/server/src/main/scala/com/twitter/home_mixer/functional_component/decorator/HomeTweetTypePredicates.scala#L225

"author_is_elon",
candidate =>
candidate
.getOrElse(AuthorIdFeature, None).contains(candidate.getOrElse(DDGStatsElonFeature, 0L))),

And looks like they've since deleted that LOL

Elon, who overpaid by $42 billion for Twitter,  is now angry at the NYT for not paying for a blue checkmark!  Hahahahaha!

Fidelity Marks Down Twitter Stake Another 7.9% (The Information)

"Fidelity marked down its stake in Twitter by another 7.9%, the mutual fund giant reported in a monthly update, bringing its total writedown on its stake since its acquisition to 63.5%."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/31/business/tesla-union-musk-twitter.html

March 31, 2023

A federal appeals court on Friday affirmed a finding that Tesla illegally fired an employee involved in union organizing, and that the company’s chief executive, Elon Musk, had illegally threatened workers’ stock options if they chose to unionize.

The opinion, by three judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, allows the National Labor Relations Board to enforce a 2021 order requiring Tesla to reinstate, with back pay, the employee, Richard Ortiz, and Mr. Musk to delete a Twitter post suggesting workers could lose stock options if they unionize.

yahooyahoo said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/31/business/tesla-union-musk-twitter.html

March 31, 2023

A federal appeals court on Friday affirmed a finding that Tesla illegally fired an employee involved in union organizing, and that the company’s chief executive, Elon Musk, had illegally threatened workers’ stock options if they chose to unionize.

The opinion, by three judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, allows the National Labor Relations Board to enforce a 2021 order requiring Tesla to reinstate, with back pay, the employee, Richard Ortiz, and Mr. Musk to delete a Twitter post suggesting workers could lose stock options if they unionize.

this kind of behavior is just stupid. Anyone running a corporation should know that those kinds of threats are obviously illegal.

ml1 said:

this kind of behavior is just stupid. Anyone running a corporation should know that those kinds of threats are obviously illegal.

people keep forgetting this guy is not an American….

Jaytee said:

he's been running U.S. companies for a very long time

Looking forward to the comments about how this is not a joke:

Jaytee said:

For Jaytee, it appears that an immigrant who becomes a naturalized U.S. citizen isn’t American enough.

paulsurovell said:

”Woke” trolling, red meat, strained forwarded jokes … Paul keeps making headway on his transformation from real person to hackneyed online avatar.

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

”Woke” trolling, red meat, strained forwarded jokes … Paul keeps making headway on his transformation from real person to hackneyed online avatar.

My man Dave!

Jaytee said:

He is. I'm not. 

Yet.

But he is.

ridski said:

Jaytee said:

He is. I'm not. 

Yet.

But he is.

Well, what have the British ever done for us?

Apart from the Beatles. And the language. And the roads. But apart from all that, what have the British ever done for us?

Apple pie (originally a Sussex specialty, apparently). Oh, and the tune for the Star Spangled Banner.

An Afrikaan who seems to be a bully, a slave driver, a complete moron, a fascist, a racist doesn’t qualify for American citizenship in my books…. A naturalization certificate is a piece of paper with the privilege of being a naturalized citizen. It can be annulled and voided and you can be deported…

Jaytee said:

An Afrikaan who seems to be a bully, a slave driver, a complete moron, a fascist, a racist doesn’t qualify for American citizenship in my books…. A naturalization certificate is a piece of paper with the privilege of being a naturalized citizen. It can be annulled and voided and you can be deported…

True, I mean you have so many of those already born here, why accept more from overseas?

I’m just reading elsewhere about the Twitter logo ‘madness’ - what’s that saying about late April Fools Day pranks,  the only fool is the prankster??  Seem very weird. 
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/apr/04/twitter-changes-logo-to-dogecoin-cryptocurrency-image-in-apparent-late-april-fools-day-gag

PVW said:

Musk’s Month Pushing Twitter Blue Failed To Win Many Subscribers (Bloomberg)

I'll be honest I was expecting paulsurovell to tell us why the twitter bird is a Shiba Inu now. Does Elon Musk have a Shiba Inu? On my phone it's still a white bird on a blue background. But on my laptop...

ridski said:

PVW said:

Musk’s Month Pushing Twitter Blue Failed To Win Many Subscribers (Bloomberg)

I'll be honest I was expecting paulsurovell to tell us why the twitter bird is a Shiba Inu now. Does Elon Musk have a Shiba Inu? On my phone it's still a white bird on a blue background. But on my laptop...

It's a little "Elon humor". The dog is the "Doge Coin" dog. Don't worry, Mr. Surovell is on it. 

ridski said:

I just assume it's a dogecoin pump-and-dump scheme, as Musk tries to find some way for Twitter to make him at least a bit of personal money.

PVW said:

I just assume it's a dogecoin pump-and-dump scheme, as Musk tries to find some way for Twitter to personally make him at least a bit of money.

I actually bought some early and sold them back when he started pumping them up. Made a few dollars on it. 

It’s hard to get rid of the dog…even if Twitter is sold….

nohero said:

It's a little "Elon humor". The dog is the "Doge Coin" dog. Don't worry, Mr. Surovell is on it. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.