The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

KarenMarlowe said:

QB! I've been so far out from in the past week or so, I never thought I would get it but I can say, while there are some infrequently used words, all have been used in the Spelling Bee. 

Late to the Congrats, but well done!

jimmurphy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

QB! I've been so far out from in the past week or so, I never thought I would get it but I can say, while there are some infrequently used words, all have been used in the Spelling Bee. 

Late to the Congrats, but well done!

Thank you!

Got the QB today using the Buddy. The last several words weren't hard with a clue. But there were a few that just wouldn't have occurred to me without a hint. 

jimmurphy said:

QB today, and Friday!

Woot! No where close today, but I was no where close to my computer today...

Got it again today.  Good day to go for it as there are no obscure words.

jimmurphy said:

Got it again today.  Good day to go for it as there are no obscure words.

congrats on both your QB days...I'm more than a handful away today, as I was yesterday. Obscure or not, I'm just not seeing any more words today.

I'm currently -2. Usually posting that here brings me some luck when I go back. 

Never did get the last 2. I beg to differ though -- "aortal" and "rattly" are fairly obscure words. At least to me 

ml1 said:

Never did get the last 2. I beg to differ though -- "aortal" and "rattly" are fairly obscure words. At least to me 

Sorry to mislead.  I found them fairly early. 

QB-1 today.  Not seeing the last word.

I think larva and larval were my last two yesterday.

Yes, rattly, one of those that i try just because, but somehow don't really believe it's a word even after they allow it.

QB-1 yesterday. Missed fanfic. I would have never gotten that.

mjc said:

Yes, rattly, one of those that i try just because, but somehow don't really believe it's a word even after they allow it.

The old car's suspension was rattly.  

Really didn't seem so odd to me.

Early QB today.  I hesitate to characterize the difficulty.

Missed faunal yesterday.

jimmurphy said:

The old car's suspension was rattly.  

Really didn't seem so odd to me.

Early QB today.  I hesitate to characterize the difficulty.

just got QB too   question 

Joining the ranks today.  question

I'm currently -1. But the posting on MOL good luck charm hasn't been working for me lately. But maybe today I'll go back and find the last word.

just made it to QB question waiting for some company here in QB land on this dreary day

alha said:

just made it to QB
question
waiting for some company here in QB land on this dreary day

Not likely today, but I'll try,,,  grin

alha said:

just made it to QB
question

Right there with ya! 

(Hate the weird pangram - my final word. I tried its inverse as my first guess)

jimmurphy said:

alha said:

just made it to QB
question

Right there with ya! 

(Hate the weird pangram - my final word. I tried its inverse as my first guess)

Same here. Tried in reverse order first. Then finally realized I should try the correct way.

I got the pangram pretty quickly but ended up with QB-5. Considering I had 28 people over for a party last night, it's a success. 

I was also -5 when I gave up. Could have got 4 of them if I persisted. But I wasn't getting "cloche" if I stared at it all night.

ml1 said:

I was also -5 when I gave up. Could have got 4 of them if I persisted. But I wasn't getting "cloche" if I stared at it all night.

Cloche was definitely one that only came from “religiously” doing the Spelling Bee, for me at least.

Just got QB. One really dumb word that I guessed into that I think has appeared before.

jimmurphy said:

Just got QB. One really dumb word that I guessed into that I think has appeared before.

nice! snake I'm stuck at QB -3...I'm sure your really dumb word is one of them

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

nice!
snake
I'm stuck at QB -3...I'm sure your really dumb word is one of them

Congrats, Jim! 

Alha, I'm at QB-2 and I found a few dumb words. Wonder if I am missing smart ones. 

KarenMarlowe said:

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

nice!
snake
I'm stuck at QB -3...I'm sure your really dumb word is one of them

Congrats, Jim! 

Alha, I'm at QB-2 and I found a few dumb words. Wonder if I am missing smart ones. 

QB question

And, I was right. The dumb (non)words I had already found.

KarenMarlowe said:

QB
question

And, I was right. The dumb (non)words I had already found.

Well done! 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!