The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

QB for me today. Seems like forever since I last got there.

I got it too. Mom and sister did as well. Nice way to connect and encourage each other.

First QB in ages for me today. My interest has flagged a bit so maybe this will give me a boost!

Got QB today. Been awhile. 

QB -4 and just can't see those last four words. Oh well...

QB today.  First one in a couple of weeks.

I missed the easiest words! I just didn't see them...

Today is difficult. QB-3. Just cannot find.

Missed wallaroo yesterday.
QB today.

No idea why wallaroo popped into my mind at the last minute yesterday.  Will have to look it up.

Short 4 so far today.

And go jimmurphy!

Just got QB. Last word was a pangram, which had me slapping my head. Easy word.

Congrats jimmurphy!

Wound up 1 short yesterday - otalgia, a word i'm happy not to be acquainted with.

Way short today, we shall see.

mjc said:

Congrats jimmurphy!

Wound up 1 short yesterday - otalgia, a word i'm happy not to be acquainted with.

Impressive!

I missed otalgia, griot, groat, and taiga. 

Don't know any of those, save groat I guess. 

Off to the dictionary...

jimmurphy said:

Just got QB. Last word was a pangram, which had me slapping my head. Easy word.

I just don't have it in me to get to 56 words. I'm at Genius and still -13

mjc said:

Congrats jimmurphy!

missed "otalgia" among several others...looked it up after reading your comment and I, too, am happy not to be acquainted with it

ml1 said:

I just don't have it in me to get to 56 words. I'm at Genius and still -13

you and me both...I"m QB -5 and calling it a day.

also -5 and may not get back to it

(with Hints, as always)

Got QB today.  One 4-letter guess on a word that I didn't know, but many might.

Missed backcomb (ok) and morocco yesterday. Never heard of morocco, other than the country.  

Missed backcomb too, plus barback (i guessed backbar) and barbacoa (could swear i had guessed that...)

QB today though, thanks to a guess (and the hints).

QB today! All words normal-ish, or at least used often enough in Spelling Bee.

I'm happy for you but I'm at QB -2 so I'm guessing that I'm missing the two normal-ish ones...not "normal-ish" enough for me...yesterday I missed "ineffable" among others, certainly not a "normal" word for me

alha said:

I'm happy for you but I'm at QB -2 so I'm guessing that I'm missing the two normal-ish ones...not "normal-ish" enough for me...yesterday I missed "ineffable" among others, certainly not a "normal" word for me

I was QB -6 yesterday and missed some really easy words (although I got ineffable), including one I was sure I had entered--filial. Oh well...

alha said:

QB-2 for me too.

I missed ineffable too. I kinda thought effable was a word, but ineffable never occurred to me.

jimmurphy said:

Got the QB today!

nice going...I'm stuck at QB -5 and looks like that's as close as I'm going to get today.

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

Got the QB today!

nice going...I'm stuck at QB -5 and looks like that's as close as I'm going to get today.

Wow! Congratulations to both of you. Struggling here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Congrats!  Not happening here today, expecting facepalm(s) tomorrow...

QB! I've been so far out from in the past week or so, I never thought I would get it but I can say, while there are some infrequently used words, all have been used in the Spelling Bee. 

KarenMarlowe said:

QB! I've been so far out from in the past week or so, I never thought I would get it but I can say, while there are some infrequently used words, all have been used in the Spelling Bee. 

nicely done  question  doubt that I'll be joining you, though, as I'm currently at QB -3 and just not seeing any more words

alha said:

KarenMarlowe said:

nicely done 
question
  doubt that I'll be joining you, though, as I'm currently at QB -3 and just not seeing any more words

I wasn't either and then, there they were! Sometimes it's just magic...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!