The MOL "Free to a Good Home" (Freecycle) Thread

Looking for a infant car seat frame stroller. My travel system stroller is too big to manuver with a 3 1/2 year old and a newborn. Thought I would try the lightweight frame stroller. Thanks!

OK - I will wash the cushion today and it should be ready soon.

ahm, we could use a few of the VHS tapes. You could come for dinner.

I have a small weight rack that holds various dumbbells - for someone that has a home "gym" or whatever..

At this time, it's a great shoe rack :bigsmile:

what's the matter, did all of your dumbells get smarter?

they evolved and walked off

I have a steel wheelbarrell , that needs a home it has a steel wheel. I also have a Maurice Villency dinning rm table . It has a 1" thick glass top that rests on a marble base it seats 6 people . It will require 4 men & a Van or pick -up . If intrested , leave a # to call.

Two overhead projectors need a home(s). They're in boxes and got buried in a storage room for God knows how long. Old technology, but assuming they still work, could be useful for a school or art dept. that can use them to enlarge images for tracing. If interested, e-mail me at kpisciotta@aol.com Thanks.

Sorry Tom, the videotapes are gone. Maybe we could do dinner some other time.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with mem? I have some donations that i could bring to her otherwise I'll take them to my church. I just need to clear the kitchen. Doing lots of spring cleaning and have lots of clothes to donate.
thanks.

Have you tried whispering her?

Looking for a safety gate and child's booster carseat - will pick up. Thanks!

I have a Queen Sized bedroom set that I want to get rid of. Its 20 years old, but solid oak, was very expensive at the time. Its a blonde wood, four post bed, with the bed frame, a dresser and mirror. I also have a nightstand that is not originally part of the set but that can go with it. Will try to post pics.

Does anyone know of any organizations that will come, disassemble and take the furniture?

Boomie,

You might call Habit for Humanity in Morristown (located in Mine Hill). They have a "restore", which is an outlet for building materials, home furnishings, etc. I really don't know much about them but from their website, www.morrishabitat.org, they say they might pick up items with their truck.

Their phone number is 973-366-3358.

Posted By: soorladyLooking for a safety gate and child's booster carseat - will pick up. Thanks!

I have two child gates, no booster chair but I do have a booster high chair if you would like it.

Posted By: boomieI have a Queen Sized bedroom set that I want to get rid of.

Posted By: nicoI have some donations that i could bring to her otherwise I'll take them to my church. I just need to clear the kitchen.

Hey guys, contact critterlover, she is collecting for a local single mom who has nothing. I will help with the disassembling of the bed and transportation...

This would be so much more organized if posted on freecycle.com

i think they're doing ok here, jamie's working on something. plus on MOL you get less chance of weirdos wanting your stuff.

less, not none.

one could list it there as well, though

I freecycle, but I find this easier because it is local.

Nico - I didn't see this until now and will call you tomorrow. Yes I am collecting children's items.

Also, as of today I have someone who is willing to pick up useable furniture at your home and deliver it to the charities (he has a truck) - Boomie is your stuff still available?

boomie, I know a woman who needs a bed. She has next to nothing, with five young girls... I think we can take the furniture apart and certainly, we can transport it back to her house.
Of course, mem, if you have first dibs, n/p.

Just a reminder that I rehab old computers to give away to those who need, but can't afford them. Besides, I hate seeing usable equipment end up in landfills any sooner than necessary. Mind you, I said old, not ancient. No Apple Lisa's, Atari ST's or IBM XT's need apply. And if you know anyone in need of one, whisper me.

Posted By: bgsomg- size zero and you need a size???????????????...I was size 14 at birth...shame on you.....

bgs, you're such a kidder! You're still hot now, so you must have been a beautiful baby....:winkkiss:

just looking at this thread for the first time, and to the point above that this would be more organized and easier if it were all just on freecycle:

why not just limit the posts to people have something to give away?
the people who want stuff should just whisper. too many posts and other chatter...

Removing an offer by changing the post to a whisper to oneself would also would help clear up the thread . Once an item is spoken for/taken just change all the followup posts as well. This will keep the thread readable.

LL, I did that...you can too, to remove the pants.

I have posted free stuff here and on the MOL free classifieds. I get much more action on the free classifieds...just sayin'

Posted By: larsjust looking at this thread for the first time, and to the point above that this would be more organized and easier if it were all just on freecycle:

why not just limit the posts to people have something to give away?
the people who want stuff should just whisper. too many posts and other chatter...

Agreed. This thread is giving me a headache.

Free Sony Trinitron XBR Console TV: 27 inch screen. Total dimensions 40" W X 30" H X 20" D. Works well. Photo file too large for here: photo of tv in the Free Classified section of Maplewood Online. Takers email kpisciotta@aim.com

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.