THE GRATEFUL DEAD THREAD (JGB, FURTHUR, RATDOG, PHIL & FRIENDS, PHISH etc.)

Awesome, thanks so much! Looks like you are an early bird, like me. It also sounds like you are a musician (besides being a big hockey fan), am I right? I love sites like Archive, but the technology has always been a bit beyond me. It's more that I've never taken the time to learn how to do it all. I'll look into it more, for certain. A friend of mine uses a sight that downloads shows directly to his phone, but I forget the name of it. I also think it's only for the Apple platform, so that rules me out.

Thanks again!

OK, so let me see if I did this right. When I look for other copies, I only find versions you can stream on Archive. That means I can listen to it as many times as I want, but never own a copy of the show. Correct?

Yes, streaming shows are best quality but you can't put them on a mobile device. I'm not a musician but have always been a huge music fan and instead of complaining about how there is nothing good to listen to, I go look for it and its not that hard to find. I was a bit of a late comer to the digital music age but I never looked back once I got started. I use an older 30gb iPod classic I got off eBay for around $40 and that holds quite a few shows, more than enough to keep things interesting and I haven't had to listen to radio for quite a while. I don't put music on my phone because the battery usage as it is is just manageable.

I am late to the party. Are you kidding me!!! Can I get that stuff on a disk? Please?

I guess I should calm down and read the thread...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the glorious videos.

What are you wanting to get on disc, and what can I make a reservation for?

Less than 24 hrs till we head to the Peach Fest and the weather report looks great!

I've seen some great picture already! Have fun! Look at it this way - which is better, the Fu Manchu or Bobby in very short gym shorts with a ponytail? I think he wears it well.

Great time yesterday, out of it today after getting home at 3. Here's some of the ABB from last night.

Allman's had a great long take on Hendrix's "1983 (a Merman I Should Turn to Be)" and this was a great highlight from Mule's set, "Devil Likes it Slow" with the triple tenor saxes of Roy Halloway, Karl Denison and Bill Evans.

Holy crap! No one has posted in here in 3 months? What is with you people?

Is everyone getting your free 30 Days of the Dead downloads? We are in Day 16, people. Snap to it, it's a good mix of songs. There is also a contest going on, but I'm not hard core enough to even try. I bet there are a few of you out there that are, though. They are giving away swag to anyone who can guess where each song is from.

and Ratdog is back...playing Montclair..

Looking forward to Ratdog @ the Wellmont. Saw Phish all three nights in AC. On Halloween they played their whole new forthcoming release "Wingsuit" for the second set. It was a gutsy move to play that much material in a venue that size that nobody was familiar with. As expected, in review comments afterwords, not everyone one was happy but many including myself thought it was original idea and shows their desire to stay creatively fresh. Seeing Widespread Panic tonight at the MSG Theater and am very psyched for that.

It must have been unreal to see Phil playing in Central Park unannounced recently.

Love Widespread Panic, sounds like a great show. They have yet to come up to Rochester, but there may be a move down south in our future next year so I might get the chance to see them.

pre-sale for Bob Weir and Ratdog at the Wellmont:

February 20
The Wellmont Theater
Montclair, NJ

Presale starts: Tue, Nov 19 at 10am
Presale ends: Tue, Nov 19 at 10pm
Use Password: turkey
Public On Sale: Fri, Nov 22 at 10am

enjoy!!

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/11/bob-dylan-rolling-stone-video/

Do you all get Palladia down there? It's a cable music station that plays mostly rock concerts and movies. They just broadcast The Grateful Dead movie on thanksgiving, and it's fun to watch. Even if you are not stoned out of your face, it has a timeless a fun feel to it. I'm always amazed at what Jerry's voice sounded like - part geek, part musical genius. I do wish I was a little high for the beginning of the movie, with all the trippy animation. That is something you want to fast forward through if you are not under the influence. It's also fun to look at the audience and see someone you think you know, or someone like them.

Dead chicks are HOT, that's all I'm sayin'. Can someone pass the patchouli oil and bong?

OK jam band and fellow music lovers, here is your hot tip for next weekend - Umphreys McGee is at the Beacon next weekend, Friday and Saturday 1/17 & 18. If I didn't have my stupid in-laws coming in, I think a road trip would be in the cards. Then again, I think they are up here next and I may have to get over to the local venue. This is my favorite band at the moment, bar none.

OK, my Dead friends on MOL - two questions for you - is anyone at the Tribecca Film festival seeing this movie, or did anyone see this? (That's only one question, with the accompanying video)
http://youtu.be/Cg8YhL2KJW8

Second question - Does anyone know when this puppy goes into wide release?

For those not in the know - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/one-long-strange-trip-bob-698798

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/25/bob-weir-on-drugged-out-deadheads-and-living-in-jerry-garcia-s-shadow.html

Yeah, that was the first one I saw on the facebook.

Nobody here said happy B day to Jerry? Really? Tsk, tsk.

(Warning: I'm about to post one of the longest videos on here, so you may want to skip around - I found it on Youtube and it's actually pretty dang cool)

http://youtu.be/hMAKJfuP4II

Celebrating, or should I say commerating the days between. I will never forget how we hear about the passing of jerry...my mil called us( we were at Hershey park with the kids) and she said"I think that guy from the band you always see just died". Ugggghhhh...so sad.

So how are you celebrating? Just curious. I just end up pulling out a favorite CD or podcast. I'm actually always surprised at the lack of media attention this gets, or am I missing something? Was hoping some of the heavy hitters on here would have some insight.

MonJay said:

So how are you celebrating? Just curious. I just end up pulling out a favorite CD or podcast. I'm actually always surprised at the lack of media attention this gets, or am I missing something? Was hoping some of the heavy hitters on here would have some insight.

He's been dead almost 20 years and life continues....

Just listening to old jgb shows...nothing really formal

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.