THE GRATEFUL DEAD THREAD (JGB, FURTHUR, RATDOG, PHIL & FRIENDS, PHISH etc.)

7 Walkers played the Saturday night before the NYC show up in Newton which is only about 45 min away. I kind of regretted not going as I heard good things about all the shows and the lighting was spectacular. What were they asking for tickets for the NYC show?

Tickets were 25 dollars in advance. Day of show was listed as 35 and that's what it said early on Wednesday morning. I checked the weather and when I went back to the website there were not tickets available. I called the venue and they said there will be tickets at the door for 45. 25 was reasonable, 35 is about my limit but raising the price to 45 is too steep for me these days and rubbed me the wrong way to boot. In the end, I opened a fine bottle of wine from the cellar, put on some Jerry and danced in my living room. Between my wife and I, we probably saved 150 bucks all in and had a great time at home.

Who saw the free Move Me Brightly webcast for Garcia' s birthday that streamed online from TRI Studio last night? It was amazing. The quality of the feed is just incredible. Even watched some of it on iPhone and it still looked crystal clear.

I even surprisingly made it to the end. I had no idea it was going to be a 5 hour session but I couldn't stop watching.

Best "Fire on the Mountain"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmN0mFHDH2w

Phil & Friends coming to the Wellmont beginning of November.

The lineup for the Wellmont shows is pretty much Furthur with Jackie Greene taking Bob's spot. Looking forward to it and moe plays there that Saturday.

Got my moe tix, waiting on monday for phil to go on sale! How sweet it is!

I thought tix went on sale next Friday? (problematic for me, I'll be on the West Coast)

Presale is Monday, general on sale is Friday.

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been to the Wellmont--what's it like? Seats or standing? best place to sit?

ril said:

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been to the Wellmont--what's it like? Seats or standing? best place to sit?

it's awesome...the Moe tix were GA but you had choice of standing floor or second level first come first serve seats.. the place is tiny..

We'll need seats for this one--one of our group has a bad back. So it's not reserved seating? Are we likely to get seats if we arrive early?

I'm guessing they sell to legal capacity to each level. I would think more people would try and get down to the floor who have seat tickets so you should be fine.

ril said:

We'll need seats for this one--one of our group has a bad back. So it's not reserved seating? Are we likely to get seats if we arrive early?

yes

Great, thanks-- otherwise we're just going to prop her up against a wall while we all dance on the floor. ;-)

furthur spells out steal your face.

http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/09/24/furthur-spells-steal-your-face-at-red-rocks

help! so the presale doesn't specify floor or balcony. Since we need actual seats, I guess I should wait for general on-sale on Friday?

Yeah, thought it was odd they didn't specify. Didn't think I'd get any as it seemed the server got overloaded and I couldn't get through for a while but finally got in and got the 2 nights I wanted. I suppose you should wait till Friday if you need seats as I'm sure they will have the choice then.

ril said:

help! so the presale doesn't specify floor or balcony. Since we need actual seats, I guess I should wait for general on-sale on Friday?

Hat_Trick said:

Yeah, thought it was odd they didn't specify. Didn't think I'd get any as it seemed the server got overloaded and I couldn't get through for a while but finally got in and got the 2 nights I wanted. I suppose you should wait till Friday if you need seats as I'm sure they will have the choice then.

a friggin sh*t show...Got thurs and fri.... yeah, nothing mentioning floor or balcony which is cool. the whole venue seems open to everyone..

and a hefty $14 service charge for 2 tix, plus shipping.

If I were in town on Friday I'd just go to the Wellmont.

Because I was out of town/in meetings all day last Friday, I asked a friend to purchase the tickets. Oops, she forgot. ;-(

Anyone have two extras for the Friday show?

strawberry said:

furthur spells out steal your face.

http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/09/24/furthur-spells-steal-your-face-at-red-rocks

I went to the Phish show in Denver that is mentioned in this article, where they spelled f*** your face.

Starting yesterday you can request tickets for Phish's Dec 28, 29, 30, 31 shows. All requests made between now and Oct 15 have the same chance of getting tickets. If you make two requests with the same CC or billing address you will either be shut out or be given lesser priority.

phish.com

You can request multiple shows on the same credit card in the same order for Phish, but you can't make duplicate orders using the same credit card for the same shows.

That makes sense! I just requested Dec 30. My son is dying to go.

hmmmm tempting. . . I went to two phish NYE shows back in the day. 1993 Worcester MA and 1997 MSG. In this stage of my life i do not see myself going to one of the current shows.

skadave said:

hmmmm tempting. . . I went to two phish NYE shows back in the day. 1993 Worcester MA and 1997 MSG. In this stage of my life i do not see myself going to one of the current shows.

What stage of life? You can't be THAT old!! I had never seen Phish but went this summer with family to Bader Field in AC and we had a blast. Even though at 43 I felt like the oldest one there the crowd was very cool and nice (and cleaner than Furthur fans!). My 13 year old had a blast and wants to see Phish again - little worried about the scene at the Garden but we'll first have to see if we get the tix.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.