The Fight for Kherson

Nohero,  please try to keep up.  Those Ukrainians celebrating in Kherson are actors paid by the U.S.  If you look closely, you will see many of the same faces that could be seen in pictures from the Maidan uprising.  We can't even be sure this was actually in Kherson.

nohero said:

That was three weeks ago.  This is today -

"For eight months, residents of the Ukrainian city of Kherson have been living under brutal Russian occupation. But on Friday, Ukrainian forces swept into the city and Russian troops retreated to the east.

"The residents have no water, no internet connection and little power. But as a CNN crew entered the city on Saturday, the mood was euphoric.

"As the crew filmed live in Kherson’s central square, some in the crowd of locals sang the national anthem while others shouted 'Slava Ukrayini!' – glory to Ukraine, a patriotic greeting."

Kherson: No water, power or internet -- only euphoria in newly liberated Ukrainian city | CNN

people can survive without internet access and potable water and read by candlelight…. But it beats living under the Russian brutality. 

Russian Telegram channels are asking questions about the 87% support for Russia in the Kherson referendum. 90,000 - 100,000 Kherson residents chose not to evacuate and their support for Ukraine can  be seen  in the photos and videos of Kherson residents waving Ukraine flags and greeting the Ukrainian troops as they reoccupy Kherson.  

cramer said:

Russian Telegram channels are asking questions about the 87% support for Russia in the Kherson referendum. 90,000 - 100,000 Kherson residents chose not to evacuate and their support for Ukraine can  be seen  in the photos and videos of Kherson residents waving Ukraine flags and greeting the Ukrainian troops as they reoccupy Kherson.  

Come to think of it, we didn't see the video of crowds waving Russian flags in Kherson celebrating the referendum and Putin's declaration that they were now part of Russia.

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Russia took its collaborators across the river a few weeks ago… while you were busy trying to convince us that Putin was doing great. You have no shame. I used to like you, but you are a repulsive person. 

Really, according to nohero they did not evacuate civilians as they claimed. 

It's a message board, don't lie about what I or anyone else actually wrote here.

Russia only evacuated its supporters, not the Ukrainian civilians, as everyone who pays attention to the facts knows.

cramer said:

nohero said:

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Russia took its collaborators across the river a few weeks ago… while you were busy trying to convince us that Putin was doing great. You have no shame. I used to like you, but you are a repulsive person. 

Really, according to nohero they did not evacuate civilians as they claimed. 

It's a message board, don't lie about what I or anyone else actually wrote here.

Russia only evacuated its supporters, not the Ukrainian civilians, as everyone who pays attention to the facts knows.

Well, if that is true than what CNN reported is false because it's only part of the residents.  Also, you don't know if others were offered evacuation and just refused.  It was critical for the pro-Russian residents to leave because that video I posted is not fake. 

nan said:

Well, if that is true than what CNN reported is false because it's only part of the residents.  Also, you don't know if others were offered evacuation and just refused.  It was critical for the pro-Russian residents to leave because that video I posted is not fake. 

You can't say "what CNN reported was false" because it happened.  Whether some officials who supported the Russian invasion had left earlier doesn't make the report false.

And the video is not "fake" because you posted 6 seconds of real dead bodies.  The claims about who they were, and who killed them, aren't in the video.

And, I'm serious about the "time out", because I don't think you realize how gratuitously offensive your posting was.

nohero said:

nan said:

You can't say "what CNN reported was false" because it happened.  Whether some officials who supported the Russian invasion had left earlier doesn't make the report false.

And the video is not "fake" because you posted 6 seconds of real dead bodies.  The claims about who they were, and who killed them, aren't in the video.

And, I'm serious about the "time out", because I don't think you realize how gratuitously offensive your posting was.

The tweet explains that these were people in recaptured territories who were punished for "collaborating with the Russians." 

It says it right in the tweet:  War crimes by Ukraine: One of the militants filmed executed ‘collaborators’ in Kupyansk.  

It was tweeted on October 9, 2022.

It came out at the time of the incident. I posted it previously. I have also posted articles supporting how this happens when Ukrainians recapture territory.  This is why the Russians wanted to make sure anyone who supported them got out.  The original video was all over the internet and alarmed many people -- it looked bad for Ukraine and challenged assumptions about "mass graves" they have reported on after Russians have left areas.  After this video was posted the first time, a second one was posted that was sloppily edited to try to make it look like the Russians were the perpetrators. 

nohero said:

nan said:

Disgusting.  Reported. 

sbenois said:

nohero said:

nan said:

Disgusting.  Reported. 

It is disgusting.  It's what happens during war.  You just want it reported because it was the Ukrainians doing it--when the Russians are accused -- you post about it. 

You seem desperate.  Are you ok?

nan said:

nohero said:

The tweet explains that these were people in recaptured territories who were punished for "collaborating with the Russians." 

It says it right in the tweet:  War crimes by Ukraine: One of the militants filmed executed ‘collaborators’ in Kupyansk.  

Oh, "the tweet explains".  In that case I have to ask, using appropriate language -

Who the F U C K is "Vera Van Horne" that we rely on her tweet for any of this "information"? There's nothing in the video or cited about the video in her tweet.  

Maybe you need that time out to realize that you were probably duped into posting that garbage here.

nan said:

It is disgusting.  It's what happens during war.  You just want it reported because it was the Ukrainians doing it--when the Russians are accused -- you post about it. 

It's a little late to pretend that you care about "what happens during war", since you've been cheerleading for Russia's invasion.

Was this during the special military operation or during the war?

Anyone?

nohero said:

nan said:

It's a little late to pretend that you care about "what happens during war", since you've been cheerleading for Russia's invasion.

She hasn't given two **** about anything that Russia has done since February.  A couple of weeks ago, she described their capture of Ukrainian land as "impressive", so yeah this outrage from her is just so special.

Pathetic.

sbenois said:

Was this during the special military operation or during the war?

Anyone?

See prior post.  It was during the "Special Military Operation" in April, when Russians were capturing territory and committing war crimes.

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Oh, "the tweet explains".  In that case I have to ask, using appropriate language -

Who the F U C K is "Vera Van Horne" that we rely on her tweet for any of this "information"? There's nothing in the video or cited about the video in her tweet.  

Maybe you need that time out to realize that you were probably duped into posting that garbage here.D

Multiple outlets reported on how Russian "sympathizers" were treated by the Ukrainians.  They were told they would get long jail sentences if they voted in the referendum.  Just accepting medicine or food got people killed.  

There are thousands of horrible videos out there - do you really want to whatabout each one on here?  especially unverified ones?

Do you want to talk about Vlad's annihilation of a sovereign neighbor he considers "brothers and sisters"?

nan said:

Multiple outlets reported on how Russian "sympathizers" were treated by the Ukrainians.  They were told they would get long jail sentences if they voted in the referendum.  Just accepting medicine or food got people killed.  

Link?

Just checking the news today.  Did Russia blow a big hole in the dam above Kherson?

nan is on a break due to an offensive video posts that had an overwhelming response of flagged responses.  All comments with the offending video was removed as well.

Since there has not been a lot of news about the dam above Kherson, I am now assuming that just the electric supply part of the dam area was blown up.   It had been previously reported that if the dam was blown, it would cause tremendous flooding downstream.  

And since it appears to be mostly the electric portion - then there's no doubt it was Russia.  For weeks they were warning that Ukraine was going to blow it up.  But it seems that it's their continuation of starving the Ukrainian people and making their winter as miserable as humanly possible.

Report from Kherson after the Russian withdrawal -

Link to NY Times article, "Russia Tried to Absorb a Ukrainian City. It Didn’t Work." Can be read without a subscription

"It was the focus of an ambitious Russian campaign to assimilate the citizenry and stamp out Ukrainian identity — a goal President Vladimir V. Putin harbored for all of Ukraine had his military been more successful, judging by his assertions that Ukrainians and Russians are one nation.

"In Kherson, national songs were banned. Speaking Ukrainian could lead to arrest. Schools adopted Russian curriculums, and young students were to be told that they were Russians, not Ukrainians."

Read the whole thing.  It's a soaring tribute to the Ukrainian people's resistance to Russia, and a searing indictment of American apologists' arguments in favor of Russia's claims against those same Ukrainian people.

Zelensky Visits Kherson After Russian Retreat

President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine made an unannounced visit to the newly freed city of Kherson on Monday, reveling in perhaps the most significant success by his country’s forces since Russia’s full-scale invasion began in February.

“We are, step by step, coming to all of our country,” he said to a crowd of hundreds of people, some wrapped in Ukrainian flags. “I am happy we are in Kherson.”

The president’s visit to Kherson just days after it was retaken was a tangible sign of Ukraine’s soaring morale and its growing boldness in the nearly nine-month war. Kherson, a vital Black Sea port and a gateway to Crimea, was the first major city to fall to Russian forces after the start of the invasion on Feb. 24. Russia’s decision to withdraw was a major blow to the Kremlin and its ambition to conquer all of southern Ukraine.

Jaytee said:

nan said:

NATO has everything and NATO is running this war.  

just shut your trap! You are like a robot.

I think it's possible Nan is a Russian troll.

Putin held off retreat so Biden wouldn’t appear to have a “win” ? Russia is more concerned about American politics than some Americans.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3736438-us-has-intelligence-russia-may-have-factored-midterms-into-timing-of-kherson-announcement-report/

jamie said:

nan is on a break due to an offensive video posts that had an overwhelming response of flagged responses.  All comments with the offending video was removed as well.

Can you be a little more specific?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.