The Fight for Kherson

nan said:

They finally launched it but it's seems more PR than real gains. 

Really?

cramer said:

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Breaking news! This just in! Russian forces have completely abandoned Izyum in the last hour! That’s huge. Because it’s where the rail lines connect from Russia to the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. Kherson is gonna fall this week! 
Slava Ukraini 

They abandoned Izyum because it did not fit in with what they were trying to do.  They decided it was not worth the trouble. 

The Kherson offensive is over.  

Really?

Supposedly,  there was another uprising that failed yesterday.  There were attacks from three different directions. The biggest attack was from the West Bank of the river. The idea was to capture a dam I can't pronounce. All three Ukrainian attacks were repelled back to original positions.  The Ukrainians suffered heavy losses.  There are details in this video below.  The information comes from Russian sources (Russian Ministry--confirmed by several Telegram channels and observers).  The Ukrainians, as of yesterday, were not saying anything and neither was the West. 

Does not look like the Russians are going to withdraw from Kherson/Kherson City.

I think there is a big push to get some kind of Ukrainian victory for the midterms. 

More lunacy.  A big push for the US midterm elections is nonsensical.   

cramer said:

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Breaking news! This just in! Russian forces have completely abandoned Izyum in the last hour! That’s huge. Because it’s where the rail lines connect from Russia to the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. Kherson is gonna fall this week! 
Slava Ukraini 

They abandoned Izyum because it did not fit in with what they were trying to do.  They decided it was not worth the trouble. 

Really?

cramer said:

cramer said:

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Slava Ukraini 

Really?

I just answered you.  They are trying to bring it back but so far it is a no-go.  I imagine Western media might be saying otherwise but I have not checked today. 

You said it was over. So did your "sources." 

Hint - find new sources. 

The best source that I have found is Dmitri @wartranslated. He's on vacation in Tenerife, and I and a lot of other people are looking forward to his return. 

cramer said:

You said it was over. So did your "sources." 

Hint - find new sources. 

It was over.  This is a new offensive.  

My sources are just doing fine. 

cramer said:

The best source that I have found is Dmitri @wartranslated. He's on vacation in Tenerife, and I and a lot of other people are looking forward to his return. 

He retweets Julia Davis.  I'd be worried. 

cramer said:

Made you look. 

I've seen him before.  Not for me.  But, I'm glad you are seeking out multiple sources.  

nan said:

cramer said:

He retweeted once. Julia Davis' tweet included an interview with a Russian military journalist.  Did you think anything that Davis said was not what the journalist said? Here's the tweet again:

btw - Kots says Surovikin said that Ukraine may use prohibited weapons, which probably means chemical weapons. That is a crock of sh-t. 

cramer said:

btw - Kots says Surovikin said that Ukraine may use prohibited weapons, which probably means chemical weapons. That is a crock of sh-t. 

when they say Ukraine is going to use chemical weapons it’s because they are planning on doing it. I said it more than once. Once they get their people out and the Ukrainian military gets in there, watch out. 
Trumpenstein learned that from Putin, you “predict” results…then you create the results. You say if you lose then the other side cheated…

I’m just wondering how many countries will actually do anything to defend Ukraine if Putin uses chemical or biological weapons on Ukraine. For me that is when Russia starts getting missiles landing on their military installations. This has to come to a head sooner or later. A man has got to know his limitations.

It's at 2:55 of the video.

cramer said:

nan said:

cramer said:

He retweeted once. Julia Davis' tweet included an interview with a Russian military journalist.  Did you think anything that Davis said was not what the journalist said? Here's the tweet again:

Julia Davis is a professional troll who creates propaganda for liberal Democrats who are primed by Russiagate to hate Russians and to believe Western fantasies about Putin. She takes things out of context and cherry picks to make the Russians look as bad as possible. It's sort of a "freak show" model, not allowed with any other ethnicity.  Sometimes she also goes off the cliff and says the Russians are controlling YouTube or weird stuff like that.  She also uses what seems to be poor translation, despite, I believe, speaking Russian herself.  She has a good gig I'm sure, but I have zero respect.  

I have not watched this one, but I'm guessing it's more of the same. 

cramer said:

That might be the translation.  I was unable to find Surovikin's press conference on the Kremlin website (which is generally the only way to listen to what anyone in Russian government says)--but I found what seems to be an OK translation (keep skepticism but it's the best I can do right now).  

nan said:

cramer said:

nan said:

cramer said:

Julia Davis is a professional troll who creates propaganda for liberal Democrats who are primed by Russiagate to hate Russians and to believe Western fantasies about Putin. She takes things out of context and cherry picks to make the Russians look as bad as possible. It's sort of a "freak show" model, not allowed with any other ethnicity.  Sometimes she also goes off the cliff and says the Russians are controlling YouTube or weird stuff like that.  She also uses what seems to be poor translation, despite, I believe, speaking Russian herself.  She has a good gig I'm sure, but I have zero respect.  

I have not watched this one, but I'm guessing it's more of the same. 

You have yet to show even one example of her taking something out of context.

Not. Once.

Do you think we don't notice?

The Russians have wired the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant with explosives. If they’re forced out of Kherson they will blow it up and flood the city and several towns in southern Ukraine. Of course you will hear it’s Ukrainian saboteurs…

cramer said:

It's at 2:55 of the video.

I saw he said that they might use prohibited weapons.  He might be right about that and Surovikin's does mention that in his press conference.  He said they have information about the possibility of the Kiyv regime using prohibited methods of war in the areas of the city of Kherson.  It's good they got the people out.  

As usual… so predictable.

Ukraine has no chemical or biological or nuclear weapons.

Jaytee said:

As usual… so predictable.

Ukraine has no chemical or biological or nuclear weapons.

NATO has everything and NATO is running this war.  

nan said:

NATO has everything and NATO is running this war.  

just shut your trap! You are like a robot.

At 00:51  (notes - not exact transcription)

Alex K:  We've got the war.  Bachmut, We've got the Kherson Offensive which Ukraine continues to try to break through but they get repelled every time.  But, from what I understand the real big push may happen next week. The Collective West, NATO they are really pushing Ukraine hard to move into Kherson. REALLY PUSHING THEM to do something in Kherson.  

There are rumors about the blowing up of the Kahkovka bridge and that may be the event that will launch this big offensive. by Ukraine.  

Alexander M:  You correctly said, Ukraine is constantly hammering away at Kherson.  Every one of these attacks gets thrown back with heavy losses.  They made another attack on Wednesday and it went hideously wrong, but as you say, the pressure on them to launch this offensive and to take Kherson which is coming overwhelmingly now --it's clear--from the West.  

I suspect, just as you suspect, it is --they are going to go on trying this thing until they either succeed or they totally fail.  I agree the big push is probably going to come next week. We have to wait and see.

I will say - over the last few days we have been getting more and more reports that the Russians are going to dig in at Kherson.  They are building fortifications.  They are moving in more troops.  They are building in more artillery. They are turning the city of Kherson itself into a kind of fortress.  It's clear that the Russians for the moment are prepared to make a big fight of it. 

The Russians say the Ukrainians are trying to blow up the dam.  The Ukrainians and the Western media re saying the Russians are intending to blow up the dam.   I don't understand why the Russians would want to blow up the dam.  That does not make any kind of sense. 

Jamie is there any reason why this thread isn’t in the Russia basement?

I love how nan and her "experts" claim they have no idea why Russia would do X.

Why would Russia decimate a land full of their brothers and sisters that they recently reunited with the Motherland?

Why would they try to take Kiev when they really didn't want to take kiev?

Why is every land they've lost not important?  Why did over 100,000 russians flee the draft?  Why can't the dead not be a state secret?  Why can't anyone breakdown any referendum numbers by town at least?

The amount of cover for Vlad is astounding!

Does theUran support the destruction of power stations?  At least lately, there's been less and less defense that any civilian target hit was actually a military target.  This was more common at the beginning.  Not even the Putin defenders bother excusing this destruction anymore - it probably got too exhasting.  You'd have to post a vlad excuse on an hourly basis.

Russian officers and medics have left Kherson. Leaving behind a bunch of inexperienced conscripts to defend the city. I’m thinking the hotlines to surrender are busy. 
Russia is winning!

nan said:

Supposedly,  there was another uprising that failed yesterday.  There were attacks from three different directions. The biggest attack was from the West Bank of the river. The idea was to capture a dam I can't pronounce. All three Ukrainian attacks were repelled back to original positions.  The Ukrainians suffered heavy losses.  There are details in this video below.  The information comes from Russian sources (Russian Ministry--confirmed by several Telegram channels and observers).  The Ukrainians, as of yesterday, were not saying anything and neither was the West. 

Does not look like the Russians are going to withdraw from Kherson/Kherson City.

That was three weeks ago.  This is today -

"For eight months, residents of the Ukrainian city of Kherson have been living under brutal Russian occupation. But on Friday, Ukrainian forces swept into the city and Russian troops retreated to the east.

"The residents have no water, no internet connection and little power. But as a CNN crew entered the city on Saturday, the mood was euphoric.

"As the crew filmed live in Kherson’s central square, some in the crowd of locals sang the national anthem while others shouted 'Slava Ukrayini!' – glory to Ukraine, a patriotic greeting."

Kherson: No water, power or internet -- only euphoria in newly liberated Ukrainian city | CNN

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!