The Confessional: Post your judgment-free confessions here

If I finish a project around 4:30PM (like today) I find it near impossible to start something new and "be useful" with my time before dinner!

getting rid of the evidence, cancelled the new reservation -- he's on his own again. his dad insisted.

I got a HS graduation announcement for my cousin's kid.  I think I met her when she was about 2, haven't seen her since nor had any contact with the family (we were never close geographically or emotionally).  They must have gotten my address from my aunt.

I threw it away (even the picture) without even sending a card.  

I think I've become addicted to MOOC studying...

Oh dear...  excaim 

Www.futurelearn.com

I'm feeling angry and disappointed at my mom.  She never comes to visit, if I want to see her, I have to pack up the family circus and take it to her - which she loves.  She is very healthy and mobile.  She's retired and has much more flexibility in her schedule.  The three times she has visited, it was the dead of winter - we don't love the winter, which limits the activities to indoor events.  Several months back I asked her if she would consider visiting the last week of school.  I would take a few days off of work and she spend sometime with the kids on the half days.  I offered to purchase her plane ticket and pay for her dog sitter, even though she can afford both.  She said she would think about it.  I asked her again and now she is bailing and thinking about coming in the winter.  I want to scream!!!

I wish that someone had given me a "heads up" re: menopause and imminent changes in body shape  before I spent money on investment-quality clothes in my late 40's :-(  NO amount of exercise or diet will bring back that shape (and I am not so image-obsessed that I want surgery.)

By age 45 or so, I knew the styles that flattered my build; I finally had the money to afford a few nice pieces; I finally was proud of (part of) my wardrobe and really confident when I wore those pieces.

So, so sad to not be able to wear any of the lovely things I bought and I don't even know what to wear going forward other than baggy old lady clothes - ugh. I am exaggerating but it really is a chore.

kmk said:

I wish that someone had given me a "heads up" re: menopause and imminent changes in body shape  before I spent money on investment-quality clothes in my late 40's :-(  NO amount of exercise or diet will bring back that shape (and I am not so image-obsessed that I want surgery.)

By age 45 or so, I knew the styles that flattered my build; I finally had the money to afford a few nice pieces; I finally was proud of (part of) my wardrobe and really confident when I wore those pieces.

So, so sad to not be able to wear any of the lovely things I bought and I don't even know what to wear going forward other than baggy old lady clothes - ugh. I am exaggerating but it really is a chore.

To the extent that I'm able, I am trying to wear a-line dresses, fitted longer tops, and longer blazers. And I have zero idea what the current fashion is.  

Hey you two, I'll trade my upper arms with yours for a couple of days next week!  smile 

kmk said:

Oh, I SO feel your pain on this. Been there done that, and it was so hard bringing myself to give up the wonderful professional pieces I had amassed. I'm learning to embrace a look now that is casual, comfortable, and has flair, without looking back too much. It's hard. 

Because 'the cat came back' after spending the entire (like before 7 am to 6 pm) day outside in the cold and rain, I lied to my daughter when she called as she left work to ask if we had seen her cat. I said yes, that she had gone into the basement and was hiding in the garage when my daughter had looked for her earlier.

What really happened: My husband had let the other cat out briefly early this morning (she really is an indoor cat, too) to hang out on the back steps, but apparently this new (late August) VERY large,gray tuxedo puss slipped out unnoticed. My daughter was looking for her cat in the usual hiding places, but had to leave for work. After she left, my thorough search of every nook and cranny in the house, basement and garage yielded nothing. She was gone! I only had time to walk around the outside of our house and the neighbor's house before I had to leave for an appointment. Around 5 pm the husband and I each took a route either across the street or around the block into the next street, checking under cars and bushes, calling to her for almost an hour. Nothing (except it brought back the anguish we went through last June when our 16 year old cat disappeared for 36 hours and we found him in a sewer!) I put out some dry food in a dish on the back stoop, clanked it purposefully on the concrete, and kept checking and calling her every 2 minutes now that it was pitch dark. Not more than 10 minutes later, Mr. Z opens the back door and Stella saunters in - heading straight for Cupcake's food and water dishes. She was only slightly wet on top, but her paws and legs were soaked. Luckily my daughter called me only 20 minutes later, so I didn't have to upset her with the truth if she had called an hour earlier.

Mr Z and I aged more than a few years today. ohh

PS He has sworn that he will never let either cat outside again, no matter how much they meow at the door.

edited additional PS. Our SO animal control officer was very helpful when Mr Z called. There is a gray cat found closer to Maplewood if anybody lost theirs.

When we first moved here, we had to have a few tree limbs trimmed because they were rubbing the house. Without notifying us, the trimmer finally showed up, two weeks after the originally scheduled appointment and proceeded to butcher said tree while my partner was at work and I was in shower.

They removed every limb on one side of the tree, even limbs that were no where near the house, right down to the trunk! They let the limbs fall on a parked car in a nearby parking lot, and didn't clean it up before leaving. We worried for months that the lopsided tree would fall onto a person or car during snow or ice storms.

Anyway, by the time I got downstairs to give a yell, they were getting ready to drive off. I walked to the back patio and one of them had left a half eaten apple laying there. At that moment I was so angry about the butchered tree, I grabbed that apple and lobbed it into the side of their truck. Well evidently I was angrier than I thought because it left a dent. The tree trimmer proceeded to get out of the truck, took one look at my angry red face, took one look at his truck, and quickly drove away.

Compass Rose, I'm inclined to say, "you go, girl!"

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.