The Confessional: Post your judgment-free confessions here

wallflower said:

I put Baby Einstein on for my super colicky 10 week old. I feel guilty for encouraging TV at such a young age but I need some peace! 

I plugged my son to the ipad during a trip back from Europe. He watched for about 3+ hrs before falling asleep. I felt bad, but the options were limited...

BTW, my toddler, also very colicky, loved Baby Einstein. We often played the music in the car. To this day he loves the puppets and the sons. And also try white noise. There is a blow dryer video that goes on for 14hrs on YouTube that we used to get some sleep. For some reason the white noise machine did not work. But the blow dryer did wonders.

pmartinezv said:
wallflower said:

I put Baby Einstein on for my super colicky 10 week old. I feel guilty for encouraging TV at such a young age but I need some peace! 

I plugged my son to the ipad during a trip back from Europe. He watched for about 3+ hrs before falling asleep. I felt bad, but the options were limited...

BTW, my toddler, also very colicky, loved Baby Einstein. We often played the music in the car. To this day he loves the puppets and the sons. And also try white noise. There is a blow dryer video that goes on for 14hrs on YouTube that we used to get some sleep. For some reason the white noise machine did not work. But the blow dryer did wonders.

Thank you! He's been pretty good at night but during the day he is so miserable. I'll give the blow dryer video a shot.. I'll try anything!

emmie, Boys have it so much easier than girls because there doesn't have to be an abdominal incision.  Once he comes out of the anesthesia stupor, you won't be able to keep him quiet! (you will both be fine! And this is the right thing to do so much healthier for him)

Thanks Calli, do you think he will have a cone? I know it must be done for his health.

emmie said:

Thanks Calli, do you think he will have a cone? I know it must be done for his health.

If he gets stitches (even a couple for Laparoscopic surgery), I imagine he'll have to wear a cone for a few days until it heals. It's a good thing. He'll bump into stuff for a day before getting used to it, and cats need a cone of shame every once in a while to take them down a peg anyway.

Thanks ridski, lol, yes taken down a peg!

I am so angry I feel that my head may explode. 

Did I mention how angry I am?

Thanks PeggyC, joanne, and everyone else who wrote.

OMG, Lisa. I'm so sorry. What a nice boatload of stress to drop on you right before the holidays. Or any time, really.  LOL  tongue wink 

Is it okay if I judge the guy who backed out of the contract??? Big-time judging going on in my head.

our cat couldn't deal with the cone, it freaked him out and he was running around potentially harming himself. my vet friend said it was ok. and yes good for you for neutering him, it's healthier!

lisat, so sorry for your ordeal!

addiemoose said:

our cat couldn't deal with the cone, it freaked him out and he was running around potentially harming himself. my vet friend said it was ok. and yes good for you for neutering him, it's healthier!

I had Sasha spayed at People For Animals. They don't put cones on. She was pretty feral at the time and I couldn't get a cone on her. In one day, she had ripped the stitches out. I am very lucky the incision didn't get infected. 

Ugh, thanks guys, so anxious about this, googled post operative care, and found that I should keep him contained in one room for a few days, with litter box..food and water. Only a tiny bit of litter so granules won't get into incision. No stairs, or jumping up on anything. I will not use a cone, unless I have to.

I thought they recommended shredded paper instead of litter post-surgery? But I could be wrong.

Yes, they did.  But then it had a chance to confuse a cat, who might inappropriately use a stack of recycling for a litter box. For a while, the recommendation was "Yesterday's news"---litter made from newspapers, or those pine nuggets.  I think too many cats didn't like that, so, really, unless you have a litter lounger, I don't think  his accustomed litter really poses a problem in a healthy young cat.

I am a curmudgeon and a Scrooge--Bah! Humbug.

Calli, I so agree! I am sick to death of all the holiday hype and will be happy when they are over!

"litter lounger"

oh oh 

I feigned ignorance of my own Twitter account tonight to make my teenager think I did not know how to use it.  

As expected, she posted more unfiltered comments than usual right away. 
(I am bad... I know it!)

kmk said:

I feigned ignorance of my own Twitter account tonight to make my teenager think I did not know how to use it.  

As expected, she posted more unfiltered comments than usual right away. 
(I am bad... I know it!)

bad as a fox.

I am devouring life this week.
Food, spirits, shopping, personal time, family time, spousal time, trip planning, you name it.  

I will not be deprived of these fruits of the living. 

I think that is the only reasonable response.

first, hugs, second, agreed. 

@j_r, grin Today, I consider gluttony, over-indulgence and self-care to be at the top of my bucket list items.  (Five days ago I would have been all about saving the $4.35 and "waiting until tomorrow"!)

Think of it as insulation. You've had way more than your share.

xoxox

I don't know what's happened, but I am wishing you well, kmk.

I ate chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner today. That's my confession. My excuse was that it was a difficult day dealing with the ramifications of my dad's death in September. One family member cried all day, another is reeling from the closing of my dad's 40 year old business, which had been promised to him. Reports of elderly customers bursting into tears. Phone calls and business meetings to tie up some loose ends. Visited with my father's widow, and then with my father's ex-wife and business partner, who is also my mother. Fragile family dynamics between various siblings is shredding, as are the ties to my mother. Feeling pushed in wrong directions. Missing my Maplewood life. 

Sending hugs, to both lisat and kmk.

Lisat, all that in one day entitles you at least a week of chocolate dining.  Hugs from Maplewood coming your way.

Hell, no need to make excuses to eat chocolate, although that certainly is a good one, and I am so sorry.

But, you're an adult. Eat whatever you damned well want to.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.