The Cassidy

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:

marylago said:

And the nachos weren't bad.

Oh, how I’ve missed MOL nacho reviews.

I know you wanna taco bout it, but it's nacho place. Don't make me get jalapeno business.

that's impressive

DaveSchmidt said:

marylago said:

I think I need to resurface the neat nacho discussion.

ml1 said:

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:

marylago said:

I know you wanna taco bout it, but it's nacho place. Don't make me get jalapeno business.

that's impressive

It's all in the wrist.

ridski said:

Olive it. With jokes like those, you should go on tortilla make it big.

(“Jalapeno business” is now my new gold standard.)

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:

marylago said:

Silly man!  grin 

The Cassidy is fine, but sure made me miss HP.  HP has a funk to it, that The C doesn't.

Zeus2112 said:

ml1 said:

when I was there, they served the wine in a little carafe.  So I'm pretty sure it's a standard restaurant pour.  I don't know about Coda, maybe they do a heavier pour.

That's a big negative for me, when places do this. It's like they measure the wine out to the ML. Not cool, especially when they prices are what they are. The mark up on booze is so high anyway, it won't break a place to just do a proper pour.

This, and that the menu to me looks average, un-inspired, and over-priced, doesn't make me want to run to try it, but since the choices around here are so slim, ill probably at least try it, :

I don't know about N.J. regulations but I was in a bar in upstate N.Y., the guy was measuring out stuff into shot glasses. He said there is a limited tolerance in the pour --- no less but also, no more. And they are checked on this.

The C pour is a bit stingy.  

maybe they should just buy smaller wineglasses like they have at the pub.

A good pour always gets my business even if everything else sucks!

krugle said:

The Cassidy is fine, but sure made me miss HP.  HP has a funk to it, that The C doesn't.

unfortunately that funk is what kept many away--I loved the space but that stink in the back ugh. I hear they are remedying it for the new place! 

Ahhhh, remember that smell, not too fondly.  But was fault of owner.

it was a sewage issue that supposedly is being addressed.  I cannot imagine it won't be fixed.

To go back to the menu, we went the other night and I got the brisket in the back (quieter) room. It was exceptional and the portion was big. The brussels sprouts were among the best I've had, do not miss these. 

Finally, the bar cannot pour a bad cocktail. That's what I love the most. Yes they are pricey but man oh man. So far have had the Salted Grapefruit Negroni, the Maplewood, something with Artist in it, and the Suegra. Unusual and delicious. 

The best pour that I can get for my Dewars on the rocks is that the pub! Hands-down. 

ml1 said:

maybe they should just buy smaller wineglasses like they have at the pub.

How early do folks make reservations for The Cassidy? I just called and they are already booked up for tomorrow night.

my wife and I just finished a meal there. started off with a couple of on tap beers, the hummus appetizer, and a grass fed burger and veggie burger. The burgers were ok, the fries were good, but odd they don’t serve ketchup, just their house version?? It was dreadful LOL. Service was good but food was underwhelming. I’ll stick with CODA.

Also went tonight with three out of towners. Brussel sprouts outstanding. Skillet chicken and quinoa dish excellent. Chicken sandwich and burger very good. Server was attentive, offered suggestions and had a good understanding of the menu. The ketchup however IS a deal breaker...back to Burger King!

rhw said:

The ketchup however IS a deal breaker...back to Burger King!

Heinz Ketchup Packet - 200 Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X6TWQA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Wp9mAbEXA2N8E

dano said:

my wife and I just finished a meal there. started off with a couple of on tap beers, the hummus appetizer, and a grass fed burger and veggie burger. The burgers were ok, the fries were good, but odd they don’t serve ketchup, just their house version?? It was dreadful LOL. Service was good but food was underwhelming. I’ll stick with CODA.

OMG I was going to post the exact same thing about the burger and ketchup.  Burger just ok. Ketchup awful.

Spouse and I dropped in for a drink and an order of fries.  Very, very noisy.

As I get older and am losing hearing in one ear, I fear for young people working long hours in settings with that level of decibels.  Wish I had had a meter of some sort.  Had to be pushing 90 dB.

Wish them luck will try to find their less busy times to try them again.

Fries could have been hotter. I enjoyed the sauce they offered.

Spouse loved her cocktail and my beer was excellent.

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

mrincredible said:

rhw said:

Heinz Ketchup Packet - 200 Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X6TWQA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Wp9mAbEXA2N8E

BYOB

LOST said:

mrincredible said:

rhw said:

BYOB

If they realize they're throwing away dozens of used Heinz packets that they didn't provide, they'll get the hint.

Life Hacks from a passive aggressive sociopath.

There's an App of course, may be back to just see.

mrincredible said:

LOST said:

mrincredible said:

rhw said:

BYOB

If they realize they're throwing away dozens of used Heinz packets that they didn't provide, they'll get the hint.

Life Hacks from a passive aggressive sociopath.

Perhaps Village Coffee should sell ketchup packs and make up all the lost earnings from Starbucks.

rcarter31 said:

....As I get older and am losing hearing in one ear, I fear for young people working long hours in settings with that level of decibels.  Wish I had had a meter of some sort.  Had to be pushing 90 dB.

Ron Carter

It is probably an O.S.H.A. violation if the place is not providing ear protection (and I am sure they aren't). The test is simple.... if you need to raise your voice to be heard, ear protection needs to be provided.

I hate noisy places - I can never hear what anyone is saying, even if they're right next to me.

..bunch'a damn whingers. Ya get what ya pay for. Whaddya expect for a $16. hamburger?

dano said:

.... The burgers were ok, the fries were good, but odd they don’t serve ketchup, just their house version?? It was dreadful LOL.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Whaddya expect for a $16. hamburger?

I'd expect it to be pretty good without ketchup. smile

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

..bunch'a damn whingers. Ya get what ya pay for. Whaddya expect for a $16. hamburger?

dano said:

.... The burgers were ok, the fries were good, but odd they don’t serve ketchup, just their house version?? It was dreadful LOL.

Yeah Jack.... just some ketchup. Go taste it and report back cheese cheese

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!