Hillary's emails

John Kerry is a decorated veteran, long-time Senator and Secretary of State. Al Gore once won the popular vote for President. Neither is running this time.

Just because the first Republican out of the box is a wacko doesn't mean the Dems should reciprocate with Al Sharpton.

I was asking a serious question. AJC was just trying to be silly.

JF's list has possibilities.

DaveSchmidt said:

Been looking up PSchmidt in a dictionary for a week now and still can't find it.

Tsk, tsk, apparently you don't know the unwritten rules of MOL.

1. You don't make fun of a grammatical or spelling error. I'm sure you never make them but most people do.

2. You never, never, use the word 'dictionary' or worse, admit you use one. Otherwise nasty people will ridicule you, despite the fact that the hypocrites use them themselves.

LOST said:

OK, so if Hillary self-destructs over the next few months, what result?
Who seeks the Democratic Presidential Nomination?

Leads to interesting speculation but I wouldn't give up on Hillary too soon.

My own preference would be Webb.

BCC said:

My own preference would be Webb.

Mine, too.

I like Webb.

OK, 3 votes for Webb, two of them from people who don't often agree (to put it mildly).

That being said, I do have concerns about the guy, politically speaking. He wears his views on his sleeve, is surprisingly honest, and probably would not have won his Senate seat were it not for George Allen's famous "macaca" meltdown. Then he vacated his seat claiming "he never planned a life in politics", which does not bode well for a potential run. It makes me wonder if his heart is truly in it.

ridski said:

Then he vacated his seat claiming "he never planned a life in politics", which does not bode well for a potential run. It makes me wonder if his heart is truly in it.

This is my biggest issue w/ a potential run by Webb. I really don't think his heart is in it, and no one could possibly put up with the insanity of a presidential run without heart/soul/body/family 1000% committed.

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita Lineman
Stores no chat on the line

mjh said:

ridski said:

Then he vacated his seat claiming "he never planned a life in politics", which does not bode well for a potential run. It makes me wonder if his heart is truly in it.

This is my biggest issue w/ a potential run by Webb. I really don't think his heart is in it, and no one could possibly put up with the insanity of a presidential run without heart/soul/body/family 1000% committed.

A candidate has to be judged on an overall basis and on that basis I still like him.
What you say about 'fire in the belly' is true', but should he run I think it will be there. If it isn't he''ll get buried.

Who knows, after Bill, Hillary, George W. and JEB maybe the country will go for someone who hasn't been running for President since kindergarten.

DaveSchmidt said:

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita Lineman
Stores no chat on the line

you beat me to it.

much better than leaving the cake out in the rain.

BG9 said:

Tom_Reingold said:

While there is no guarantee that the government does the best job, a homespun job is almost guaranteed to be far worse than the government's.
All you have to do is look at the Federal Obamacare site with its many design, rendering and security issues to see that you've made quite an assumption. But you did say "almost". :-D

ps - Also look at Snowden. A low level person who managed to practically download all of the NSA.

pps - Maybe Hillary should say in her press conference _
"After Snowden and Obamacare, I'd be a fool to trust the governmental email system for critical secure email."

And as we see

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/26/us/russian-hackers-read-obamas-unclassified-emails-officials-say.html

Some of President Obama’s email correspondence was swept up by Russian hackers last year in a breach of the White House’s unclassified computer system that was far more intrusive and worrisome than has been publicly acknowledged, according to senior American officials briefed on the investigation.

The hackers, who also got deeply into the State Department’s unclassified system, do not appear to have penetrated closely guarded servers that control the message traffic from Mr. Obama’s BlackBerry, which he or an aide carries constantly.

We may even find out the only secure email was Hillary's.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.