Recycling Changes Effective January 1, 2023

joan_crystal said:

The town needs to improve the clarity of the messages they post.

I don’t think clarity was the issue. The email was pretty clear (boldface mine):

Due to the Memorial Day Holiday, there will be no recycling pickup on Monday, 5/29/23. All recycling pickup will occur one day late the week of 5/29/23.

Coordination/communication with Basso may be the issue.

DaveSchmidt said:

I don’t think clarity was the issue. The email was pretty clear (boldface mine):

Due to the Memorial Day Holiday, there will be no recycling pickup on Monday, 5/29/23. All recycling pickup will occur one day late the week of 5/29/23.

The problem was with the phrase "all recycling pick-up"  there is a question as to whether the town meant to say "all recycling pick-up that would have been picked up on Monday (Memorial Day) will occur one day later the week of 5/29/23."  That would reflect what actually occurred.  Assuming that the statement should be taken exactly as written, raises the question of what would happen with recycling pick-up on Wednesday since Basso picks up in a different town on Thursday [and Friday].

Of course, you could be correct in your interpretation/assumption.   This would not be the first time the town failed to check with Basso before issuing a pick-up date change message.  There was the fiasco when the town sent out multiple contradictory messages when a date considered a holiday by the township and included on the town website as a day when recycling would not be picked up on the Monday was in fact a day when Basso's crews were working. 

DaveSchmidt said:

joan_crystal said:

It was poorly communicated.  My interpretation is that "all recycyling pickup" would be moved back one day. However, because I have experienced many confusing emails from the Town, I placed my recycling outside on the regular day (Tuesday) just in case. It was picked up on Tuesday, not Wednesday as the email implied.

yahooyahoo said:

DaveSchmidt said:

joan_crystal said:

It was poorly communicated.  My interpretation is that "all recycyling pickup" would be moved back one day. However, because I have experienced many confusing emails from the Town, I placed my recycling outside on the regular day (Tuesday) just in case. It was picked up on Tuesday, not Wednesday as the email implied.

Yep. Did the same. And sent an email to that effect since it was an unclear communication with the TC and not Basso. And my stuff was picked up on Tuesday. No way was I going to listen to putting this off for a day since I likely would would have been missed.

This is just weird- a day late and picked up in a “pick up “ truck?

jamie said:

waste industries?

No name - it’s recycling - so it would be connected to basso I would guess.  

jamie said:

Maybe it was a day late because the big trucks were filled to capacity by the time they would have gotten to you.. Quite a few of us, myself included, missed the pickup two weeks ago due to the misinformation about the pickup date and therefore put out a month's worth of recycling this week,. Now as for the pickup truck, that could well have been because only a few streets were missed on Tuesday, and it didn't pay to send out the regular truck.

jamie said:

No name - it’s recycling - so it would be connected to basso I would guess.  

When something like this happened to me early in the year a small truck from the township came and got it (and presumably took it to the recycle bins in the DPW yard), so it's possible that is what is pictured.

Re: Juneteenth

F. Basso, Jr. Rubbish Removal observes the following major holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. These are the ONLY holidays that impact the recycling pickup schedule.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.