Ohio is scaring me. Who scares you? NJ edition.

Ohio going strong

more details on the above. the arrest occurred in 2022. she then filed a federal lawsuit which was just adjudicated.

She was apparently criticizing the local sheriff at the meeting and she was then arrested by sheriff deputies.

The deputies told Frenchko she was disrupting the public meeting. She was removed from the meeting and handcuffed.

The charge was later dismissed. Frenchko filed the federal lawsuit last March. She is represented by attorneys David Betras and Matt Miller-Novak.

Betras said the federal judge found that former Trumbull County commissioner Frank Fuda and current commissioner Mauro Cantalamessa, the sheriff and the two deputies “willfully violated Commissioner Niki Frenchko’s rights under the First and Fourth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution when they repeatedly attempted to silence her and prevent her from representing the interests of her constituents.

“The judge also stripped them of their sovereign immunity, which means they can be held individually liable for monetary damages,” Betras told the FOX 8 I-Team.

Who scares me? I’ll tell you who scares me…Stephen Miller….and MT…scary folks these two.

Jaytee said:

Who scares me? I’ll tell you who scares me…Stephen Miller….and MT…scary folks these two.

Marjorie Taylor Greene?  Aka "Empty G."

Stephen Miller is much more scary.  He's not an elected official, so the public can never vote him out of office.  He works behind the scenes, scheming with politicians to develop and implement fascist and racist policies.  

I posted about Youngstown State earlier, where the college board appointed an unqualified MAGA congressman as Prez. lots of push back on that decision

Florida Republicans trying to take the crown away for Most Despicable from Ohio

Oklahoma will not be silenced.

It's a lot worse than just sexy selfies. Read the reason article.

With Huckabee-Sanders at the helm, Oklahoma will be a strong contender for wackiest state in the country.

drummerboy said:

With Huckabee-Sanders at the helm, Oklahoma will be a strong contender for wackiest state in the country.

Isn't she the governor of Arkansas?

PVW said:

drummerboy said:

oh yeah.

oops  confused

I had sanders on the brain today for some reason.

Ohio comes in with some basic, old fashioned corruption.

in case you don't know, Governor DeWine's son is on the Ohio Supreme Court, but amazingly he recused himself.

PVW said:

drummerboy said:

Yes! Don't scare me! Kevin Stitt (the actual governor of OK) is bad enough. 

Ryan Walters (OK school superintendent) is getting a lot of national press lately. He is loathed in urban/suburban/middle- and upper-class parts of the state.

drummerboy said:

Oklahoma will not be silenced.

It's a lot worse than just sexy selfies. Read the reason article.

Footloose was a documentary.

Oklahoma update

A constituent wrote their state senator expressing concern about the appointment of Libs of TikTok to the state library panel. His response:

kthnry said:

Oklahoma update

A constituent wrote their state senator expressing concern about the appointment of Libs of TikTok to the state library panel. His response:

Interesting that the local paper (Tulsa World) is following up. 

kthnry said:

And now the Washington Post.

kthnry said:

kthnry said:

And now the Washington Post.

F#ck around and find out.  It sounds like Dana Prieto might regret his flippant illiterate response.

yahooyahoo said:

F#ck around and find out.  It sounds like Dana Prieto might regret his flippant illiterate response.

I wonder if DeSantis's defeat is making other far-right pols realize that owning the libs and fighting the woke mind virus is not a guaranteed path to success.

Ohio R's overturn DeWine's veto of trans care prohibition.

68 families reportedly planning on moving out.

cruel bastards

Idaho, feeling left behind, makes a valiant move in the nutcase race

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2024/feb/08/they-fed-it-to-them-idaho-lawmaker-worried-about-c/

‘They fed it to them’: Idaho lawmaker worried about cannibalism, because of human compost

Biden is visiting East Palestine Ohio on Friday. (site of that toxic derailment a year ago) It's about an hour from me. If I can find out when and where he'll be there I'll take a drive out there.

I emailed the town for details on the visit but they said they didn't know. Can't find details online.

On a semi-related note, was driving around in a rural-ish part of the state today and came across a F*** Biden flag hanging from someone's porch. I was sorely tempted to steal the flag. It's not so much the sentiment as it is the fact that these clowns think it's ok to display the word **** from their house.

I don't have words anymore

drummerboy said:

Biden is visiting East Palestine Ohio on Friday. (site of that toxic derailment a year ago) It's about an hour from me. If I can find out when and where he'll be there I'll take a drive out there.

I emailed the town for details on the visit but they said they didn't know. Can't find details online.

On a semi-related note, was driving around in a rural-ish part of the state today and came across a F*** Biden flag hanging from someone's porch. I was sorely tempted to steal the flag. It's not so much the sentiment as it is the fact that these clowns think it's ok to display the word **** from their house.

was in Vegas last week at an all-ages attraction (yes they do have them out there). Saw a guy in a shirt that I had to do a double take to figure out. Turns out it was a stick figure humping the word "Biden."

What is wrong with these people? There's nothing smart or insightful. It's just dumb trolling. 

Oklahoma is in the news because of the death of Nex Benedict, a nonbinary high-school student who died after being bullied and beaten. It's revolting to see the mealy-mouthed sympathy platitudes from state leadership  who promote the environment that led to this sad outcome. Fortunately, this took place in an educated, liberal part of the state and is not going to get swept under the rug. Lots of people are pissed and want to see a proper investigation with consequences.

https://www.thecut.com/article/oklahoma-nonbinary-student-nex-benedict-death-explained.html

I've seen the Nex Benedict story, but not on any major news outlet. Heartbreaking and infuriating.

drummerboy said:

I've seen the Nex Benedict story, but not on any major news outlet. Heartbreaking and infuriating.

drummerboy said:

It's being covered by the NYT and WaPo. There's increasing coverage of the role of Ryan Walters, the OK school superintendent, and Chaya Raichik (Libs of Tiktok). That woman is a f*cking psychopath.

https://wapo.st/3TaiIH7

https://www.rawstory.com/jr-majewski-special-olympics-wont-drop/

MAGA candidate won't drop out of race after using slur against Special Olympics

This latest decision to remain in the race comes after Majewski provoked outrage after he stated on a podcast, "Shout out to all the Democrats living in Mom's basement that like to talk sh-t on the Internet. You know, no matter how hard you try, arguing on the Internet, it's like being in the Special Olympics. No matter how good you perform, you still have… you're still f--king retarded at the end of the day."

hey, what's going on in NJ? you guys are embarrassing me.

Has anyone else heard this?

Comment heard on NPR this morning:  RNC staff members who were fired from their positions were given an option to re-apply for their jobs, but only if they agreed (signed statement? not listening that closely) that the 2020 election was stolen.  RIP R party??

If true, one more step into scary.

eta: glad to retract if not true

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!