NY Giants

I saw the coach yelling at the QB over the last option play.  How does that explain the brutal mismanagement of the two minutes before that?  Standing around while seconds ticked off with two timeouts left, as if they were good enough to score whenever they felt like it.  

Hardly a work of art, but second straight at least looking like a competitive football team. Should be good juice in the building for the Jets Sunday.

This will be a week of QB controversy

DanDietrich said:

people are saying that, but I don't get it. They aren't scoring any more with Taylor than they did with Jones. 

There is a "look" that Taylor has that Jones lacks.  And that look energizes the team.  He scrambles better behind a bad offensive line and throws downfield.  He's not a savior.  He won't overcome all of the teams defeciencies, but he is more fun to watch.

ml1 said:

DanDietrich said:

people are saying that, but I don't get it. They aren't scoring any more with Taylor than they did with Jones. 

The offense scored zero points in the 2nd half and only gained 100 yards. Three punts on the first three possessions of the 2nd half.  Obviously the fumble was not his fault but still....

Another stellar performance from “offensive genius” Coach Daboll.  Imagine the heights he’ll achieve when his giraffe-necked starting QB gets right.

Daboll really botched the game today.  Very poor decision making, especially in the 4th quarter.

That was insane.  Both sides deserved to lose.  Jets were like 13-0 on 3rd down conversions.  One second left spike at the end to stop the clock was crazy lucky.

While the best NFL game of the day was being played in Landover, I appreciated Channel 2’s counterprogramming of Horse Feathers.

comical ineptitude all around.   Technically a win but yet somehow a setback for the Jets.  

Upper left, I had a delightfully soggy view of the game-tying FG at the end of regulation. 

two more yards back and greg the leg shanks that.  like watching two middle school teams.

Be honest. I wasn’t the only one who wished Fox 5 had the right to show the Eagles-Cowboys game instead.

DaveSchmidt said:

Be honest. I wasn’t the only one who wished Fox 5 had the right to show the Eagles-Cowboys game instead.

A very fair point.

I assume the Giants now lead the league in Barkleys, if they didn't already.

DaveSchmidt said:

I was certainly hoping for the game to end early. And I loved the ending of the Phils/Eagles, not that I'm an Eagles fan. Just a disgruntled Jets fan that enjoys seeing Cowboys fans suffer.

Giants grabbed 6 turnovers yesterday and still almost lost!grin

jamie said:

Giants grabbed 6 turnovers yesterday and still almost lost!
grin

DeVito was sacked 9 times and somehow they won.

yahooyahoo said:

jamie said:

Giants grabbed 6 turnovers yesterday and still almost lost!
grin

DeVito was sacked 9 times and somehow they won.

If that keeps up they better be looking  for another QB to finish the season.  He will be hurt in a week or two.

Maplewood and CHS's own Yosh Nijman ('14) returns home to face the Giants tonight. Will be there, rooting for the Giants but also rooting for him. Fifth year now with the Pack. Way to go Big Josh!!

Train_of_Thought said:

Maplewood and CHS's own Yosh Nijman ('14) returns home to face the Giants tonight. Will be there, rooting for the Giants but also rooting for him. Fifth year now with the Pack. Way to go Big Josh!!

He came this close to blocking the game-winning field goal.

Train_of_Thought said:

He came this close to blocking the game-winning field goal.

If only he were right-handed.

I’m glad the Giants won, though. Get these victories out of their system before the last three games.

The Giants tried very hard to let the Packers steal the game, but somehow managed to win.

I was relieved they won.

This was fun to watch. 

Saved it all up for Week 18!

Why would they get rid of saquon Barkley?

oots said:

Why would they get rid of saquon Barkley?

I think he'll be back. No teams are spending big on RBs nowadays, and I can't see another team giving him a huge offer. Josh Jacobs and Jonathan Taylor held out and ended up back with their teams when they didn't get any better offers. I think Barkley's going to be in that same boat.

It stinks for elite RBs to be playing in an era where teams consider them less valuable than QBs, edge rushers and LTs. but it is what it is.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.