No heat contest?

People, turn your heat on. It's 47° this morning. Let the boiler run a few cycles. Everyone waited until the last minute this year and we can barely get to the people calling requesting annual startups, plus all the repairs that didn't get done in 2020 are getting done now. 

This is me: www.torototherescue.com

Our boiler is running. So we made it to October 18th.

mrincredible said:

drummerboy said:

Where's the "no shorts contest" thread?

Do you mean "no long pants"?

Long sleeve shorts.

Made it to last Sunday (10/17) and then that wind kicked up ...Also I wear shorts all year round as I work at home.   cheese

RCH

I can't pit my shorts away for the season, since I need to wear them when my wife and I are watching TV with the heat on, she has a space heater running and a fleece blanket on. 

we fell today as well

I’m still holding out…trying to make it to Halloween.

Still hanging in there…

I took a look at the weather forecast for the next two weeks. Doesn’t go below freezing here. So I’m hanging on with you till at least mid-November … and perhaps beyond. 

Resurrecting this thread per tradition. 

Not competing in any way!

Serious chill tonight - boiler switch is on, if not firing. 

Thinking of Justmelaura, who seemed to do it for sport, but also necessity in tough times.

I’m already out. I have family members who get chilly so the boiler went in yesterday. 

I miss justmelaura.  I wish I could have kept going at least for October in her memory. 

Haven't been online here in ages but I'm still IN, much to my husband's dismay..... cheese

This would always be welcome on a cold day if you were participating in the no furnace contest. 

Jaytee said:

This would always be welcome on a cold day if you were participating in the no furnace contest. 

Nice picture of the Blue Plate Special.  It brings back fond memories.

I'm out! I like my hands and feet to be warm--I have slight case of Raynaud's. My neurologist told me "Keep your hands and feet warm." As if that's possible if the heat is off...  

grin

KarenMarlowe said:

I'm out! I like my hands and feet to be warm--I have slight case of Raynaud's. My neurologist told me "Keep your hands and feet warm." As if that's possible if the heat is off...  

people are forgetting that the no furnace thread was about 7 or 8 years ago? Contestants are older and colder…

joan_crystal said:

yes, every time I go past that corner…and I still can’t believe it’s still empty. She was such an energy. 

Innocentbystander said:

I'm out!!! 

Thanks Kramer! ;-)

Jaytee said:

grin

KarenMarlowe said:

people are forgetting that the no furnace thread was about 7 or 8 years ago? Contestants are older and colder…

And this weather is chillier/damper than most first weeks of October.

Today it’s around 70° in your degrees, but honestly I need thick socks and a thick cardigan now - and it’s not quite 4pm. It’s felt decidedly chilly most of the day even though it’s been sunny. I’m about to huddle under my duvet so I can read until dark cheesecheese

(Apparently we’re expecting some wild & rainy weather over the next few days. Could be some more local floods. Thank heaven our immediate area drains well)

joan_crystal said:

Jaytee said:

For many of us...

-s.

Happy fall! It’s October 1st and it’s going to be 80 degrees this week. I’ll take it!

I think our heat went on last Tuesday.   grin

jamie said:

I think our heat went on last Tuesday.  
grin

Mine as well. I have no central A/C and simply forgot to shut the boiler off. I keep my house on the cool side in winter so the temps never hit the threshold for it to come on over the summer even with my portable A/C. 

My heat has come on once or twice. It was pretty chilly there for a few nights recently. 

A nod to the Blue Plate and memories of Laura! Miss her/them so much!

Actually I believe it was a ‘no furnace’ not ‘no heat’ contest as JayTee mentioned above  

Space heaters were allowed 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.