MOL updates - please report issues here.

We had an issue where images were getting cutoff in mobile mode.  Fixed.  

Also, I'll have more updates on this soon.  We're starting to get buzz with people using our platform as a personal space.   Organize, simplify and categorize your life:

https://worldwebs.com/

Sometimes you need an online space that personal, private and accessible to a few people.

Something might have been missed in your font setting maybe. Or something happened with my computer.

it's a new font setting we're trying out. (jamie2 is my test account)

All for experimenting, but I think the bold is distracting.

don't mind the bold, but don't care for the serif font with the rest in sans serif.

Absolutely love the new font(s). For the more visually challenged among us, it stands out so much more clearly.

Give us a few days for tweaking. I like the new border around the discussions and comments.

ril said:

don't mind the bold, but don't care for the serif font with the rest in sans serif.

Yes, would prefer sans serif too.

drummerboy said:

ril said:

Yes, would prefer sans serif too.

I also prefer my serifs to be sans.

Unsolicited opinion.

Serif: sure! Bold: sure! Times New Roman Bold: uncomfortable to read because it’s condensed and because of the high thick/thin contrast in strokes, and to my eye uncomplementary to the site’s sans serif.

ETA: Trying out and tweaking is the fun part. Godspeed, jamie.

jamie2 said:

it's a new font setting we're trying out. (jamie2 is my test account)

Are you perhaps making it possible for users to choose from a limited selection of fonts as well as adjust the size for reading posts - as opposed to having the whole computer's font size setting adjusted up or down?

bikefixed said:

Are you perhaps making it possible for users to choose from a limited selection of fonts as well as adjust the size for reading posts - as opposed to having the whole computer's font size setting adjusted up or down?

not in the plans at the moment.

I tweaked the font back to one sans serif.  Will have a meeting with the Board later tonight.  grin

Personally, the bold sans serif doesn’t hurt this migraineur’s eyes as much. And sans serif is meant to be easier for print disability. Regardless, I trust you to do what you believe is best for MOL. cheese

jamie said:

not in the plans at the moment.

I tweaked the font back to one sans serif.  Will have a meeting with the Board later tonight. 
grin

DaveSchmidt said:

Unsolicited opinion.

Serif: sure! Bold: sure! Times New Roman Bold: uncomfortable to read because it’s condensed and because of the high thick/thin contrast in strokes, and to my eye uncomplementary to the site’s sans serif.

ETA: Trying out and tweaking is the fun part. Godspeed, jamie.

It was a variant of TNR with more weights and made for screens rather than print.  Alas, the crowdsource has thumbed it down.  

https://www.fontspring.com/tools/asset/xkekhwglonqjav0u0wlu9sujnor8umgq/freight_text_pro_catalog.pdf

Whatever we're looking at now is NO GOOD !

It's not as intended.  We rushed into the tweaks.  Please remain indoors until further notice.  

The "unread posts" box seems to have shrunk. Harder to read.

Jamie, Dave... The font changed. It used to be so... better. If only the site used more green. I demand to speak to the... manager? 

I feel like Brendan Fraser in Blast from the Past; everything is different. I attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. 

We're glad to accept your feedback, mayor.   Your concerns have been passed along to Mr Buzzsaw.

Thank you for taking my feedback seriously.

Warm Regards,

The Mayor

I like the sans-serif, and the thinner weight of the current one (compared to the thicker one I was seeing last night). Maybe bring it down a point?

thanks for being so responsive to suggestions!

I remember the seats being a bit bigger, but other than that everything looks amazing here! 

I also remember there being a food court? NO? 

buzzsaw said:

I remember the seats being a bit bigger, but other than that everything looks amazing here! 

I also remember there being a food court? NO? 

Unfortunately, we did burn the garlic too often and the neighbors complained.  What a great mind you have for recall!

I somehow got logged out of MOL on my ipad, and now I can't seem to log in no matter what. I tried to go through the forgot password link to change it, and it said it didn't recognize my username. 

This is not a technical issue, but I'd love to see a weather thread for Max and Wxnut where I could see their posts without having to read all the other fluff.

FilmCarp said:

This is not a technical issue, but I'd love to see a weather thread for Max and Wxnut where I could see their posts without having to read all the other fluff.

Solution 1: bookmark these urls in your browser:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/profile/discussions/u/WxNut2.0

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/profile/discussions/u/max_weisenfeld

Solution 2:  bookmark particular threads by using the system's built-in bookmark feature (see attached image.... the icon within the red area).  Then view your bookmarks by going to the bookmarks link in your profile's dropdown menu at top right of page. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.