Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

DanDietrich said:

Mets are hiring Carlos Mendoza as their new manager.  Came up through the Yankees organization.

To assuage our collective ego, I think it is fair to assume that it was a family decision by Counsel to stay close to home in Chicago.

The Mets swooped in on their second choice. Hopefully it’s a good one, but it is so hard to see him being better than Buck. 

jimmurphy said:

DanDietrich said:

Mets are hiring Carlos Mendoza as their new manager.  Came up through the Yankees organization.

To assuage our collective ego, I think it is fair to assume that it was a family decision by Counsel to stay close to home in Chicago.

The Mets swooped in on their second choice. Hopefully it’s a good one, but it is so hard to see him being better than Buck. 

hitters gotta hit, pitchers gotta pitch 

I heard enough of the name Mendoza this past season with regard to the Mets batting averages. :-( 

Train_of_Thought said:

I heard enough of the name Mendoza this past season with regard to the Mets batting averages. :-( 

YOU ARE SUSPENDED!

Soul_29 said:

YOU ARE SUSPENDED!

Whoa. Relax. It’s not like he said Tom Glavine wasn’t that bad or something truly horrible. 

I didn't know self-deprecation was a suspendable offense. Then again, there's tons of evidence that just being ME is a suspendable offense.

Well, I'm waiting for someone to step up and get a hit with a runner on second.  Please?

DanDietrich said:

Well, I'm waiting for someone to step up and get a hit with a runner on second.  Please?

Gary with a Bunny’s shout-out in Game 1.

They listened to me for once!

That's one down over the Braves.  I think Teheran might be a short timer, though.

DanDietrich said:

That's one down over the Braves.  I think Teheran might be a short timer, though.

Fun game! 

Teheran DFA'd today, Nostradamus.

jimmurphy said:

DanDietrich said:

Fun game! 

Teheran DFA'd today, Nostradamus.

it happened so fast I didn't get a chance to reply that I thought Butto was going to take Teheran's place. 

Train_of_Thought said:

10 of last 13.

Ya Gotta Believe!

This will be a fun season.  Winning is nice, but I don't expect it to continue.  I want to see who we really have.  Do we have the 265/40 Alonso who deserves an extension or the 217/40 Alonso?  A 270 McNeil who hits fly balls to the outfield or a 320 McNeil who hits singles all over?  Did we find the catcher of the future or a 207 hitter?  Baty looks good, and maybe some more kids will come up.  

DanDietrich said:

This will be a fun season.  Winning is nice, but I don't expect it to continue.  I want to see who we really have.  Do we have the 265/40 Alonso who deserves an extension or the 217/40 Alonso?  A 270 McNeil who hits fly balls to the outfield or a 320 McNeil who hits singles all over?  Did we find the catcher of the future or a 207 hitter?  Baty looks good, and maybe some more kids will come up.  

I am going to need to confer with Train of Thought, but I think this post is suspension-worthy.  cool cheese

Soul_29 said:

DanDietrich said:

I am going to need to confer with Train of Thought, but I think this post is suspension-worthy. 
cool cheese

Confer with Train of Thought??? To paraphrase Butch and Sundance, WHO IS THIS GUY?!!

What's suspension worthy here?

DanDietrich said:

What's suspension worthy here?

Failure to believe!  big surprise

I oughta slap you with a five-game suspension in honor of their FIVE GAME winning steak, but I am feeling benevolent. 

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.