Laura Always Loved A Party, so let's give one every year to remember her...

Greentree, the cookies.

I ate a blue flower. Delish!

@greentree - your cookies were there front and center, as were some from @joanne!

Joanne's recipe but baked by Spontaneous. Greenetree we all knew you were there in spirit if not in person.

Copihue sent me a pic of the lamingtons plate: thank you, Spontaneous, Scully and Metaphysician for all your help in bringing these cakes to Laura's after-party! They look light as a feather, and yummy, and as if you'd be surprised when you bit into one. A bit like knowing Laura, really.
Wishing we could be there... >smile<

So sorry I won't make it tonight. Feel a cold coming on, and don't want to share it with the masses of Laura's loved ones. So, if anyone who is going reads this, please let Laura's sisters and Dan and Tom and kids know that I am still thinking of them and sending and receiving positive energy here on this corner of Irvington and Ward.

Here's a virtual toast to Laura. My brother says this all the time, and with Laura, I think it appropriate: Here's to her living memory.

Laura Grace Stammers Nichols: https://youtu.be/QdyCP_LwmYE

metaphysician said:

And as long as they don't "toss" their cookies into the flowerbeds, the flowers should survive quite nicely. So, what we really want to know is...Do the infamous Party Pants come in shades of orange? Edited to add: After careful calculations, there should be enough 'fixins' for 3.13 ± √-1 gallons, which should cover the crowd, unless Consonant Man grabs a pitcher and a long straw.

Wouldn't you know, I actually DO have the party pants in orange. Party shorts, to be technical. Except I'm still at the office as I type this. NOT at all happy.

this is so beautiful. thank you, Joy.

It was a pleasure meeting many of you tonight for the first time and to see how despite not being with us in person, Laura still managed to bring us all together... and it was amazing to hear the many stories of how Laura touched everyone's lives and to see the many smiles she brought to our community...

It's now quite time at Les Saisons...

What an amazing day, and so many amazing people... From the over two hour service at Morrow Memorial, (which deserves its own thread) to the local business community who brought the most incredible food.

Hats off to Leslie at Bunny's, Mary from the Village Trattoria, Suzy from Suzyques. And, to so many others who brought food, desserts, the wine, beer, Alabama Stammers Slammers, to Single Malt Scotch. It's impossible to name everyone who contributed, because it seems everyone brought or sent something. We gave up counting after 160 people who dropped by during the afternoon and evening hours.

This thread began claiming: Laura Always Loved A Party, so let's give her one we'll all remember. Well I won't speak for anyone else, but I'll never for get Laura, or her last party. Good night Laura, we love you...

Art thank you for welcoming us all to your home and giving us such a great opportunity to remember Laura..

Thank you Art for hosting such a celebration to Laura ...and all ..following the Service was touching and unique
to share food drink and memories ..
It was an incredible day ..words were overflowing but so were those spaces of ponderance and sorrow ...she is missed .

I eco everyone post !!

Thank you very much Art and Libby for opening your house for this celebration. *i bow to you*. As usual, wonderful host.

It was a pleasure to meet Laura's family and it was nice seeing new and old faces from MOLers who attended. (I met seaweed!!! :-D ).

It stills feels so surreal (same feeling I had with justtheaunt question ).

(I would only add the Parkwood to what you said above Art.

More importantly I echo exactly what seaweed said (who I wish I had actually talked with but I don't think I did) except for adding Libby too in that thanks:

seaweed said:

Art thank you for welcoming us all to your home and giving us such a great opportunity to remember Laura..

"The Annual Laura Grace Stammers Food Festival"

I changed the thread title to retain past comments about going forward with this idea. I think it's time now to set the first meeting date to establish the event. The following 10 people have signed up to serve on the planning committee. I hope I got the spelling of everyone's name right from the sign up sheet.

Anyone else interested is welcome to join; the more the better. I'm happy to host the first meeting, but would like to hear back on a time and day. Weeknight or weekend? Morning or evening? Please call my cell 973-699-8276, or email me artchristensen616@gmail.com. Thanks.

Castillo, Ileana
Christensen, Art
Hassler, Susanne
Joseph, Susan
Marzano, Mary
Mayhyn, Sarah
Snyder, Suzie
Peck, Rob
Pupke, Dan
Tarplin, Howard

I'll email as well - I'm really looking forward to this.

Never signed that sheet but I'm interested too. I'll email you Art. Thanks!

Sarah's name is missing a few letters but I imagine she can figure it out oh oh

I did not know Laura except through MOL (I did meet her briefly at an early MOL FtF) but she was a unique presence here and IRL. May we all carry a bit of her spirit forward.

I'm interested also.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!