Laura Always Loved A Party, so let's give one every year to remember her...

Oh dear - that just threw me into tears. Very touching.

ctrzaska said:

On second thought, it's distinctly probable that Laura wouldn't have it any other way. Except maybe ensuring folks werent tossed about in the flowers.

This. And as long as they don't "toss" their cookies into the flowerbeds, the flowers should survive quite nicely. So, what we really want to know is...Do the infamous Party Pants come in shades of orange?

Meanwhile, while on a late night OJ run for the aforementioned evil concoction, Melech Ric and I ran into AJC. What an incredible mensch our host is! It sounds like Laura's Repast may well run until dawn or until the last person is snoring on the lawn. They better snore softly, so as not to rile the neighbors.

I got OJ with extra pulp and antioxidants, so the Alabama Slammers can serve as their own hangover cure. :-D

Edited to add: After careful calculations, there should be enough 'fixins' for 3.13 ± √-1 gallons, which should cover the crowd, unless Consonant Man grabs a pitcher and a long straw.

https://youtu.be/g2z_u1Z4xTo

Last time I saw Laura was a month or so before she opened BPS. I would be moving to California soon & she was working on her secret dream project (as she described it). Can't remember why I was prowling the streets, but it was after midnight, beautiful outside & her lights were on. That summer's tiki bar drink was a mojito.

So, around midnight tomorrow, I'll be knocking on the door (in spirit). Someone please toast Laura for me? Even better if you do it with a mojito.

" Laura looked lovely. Her sisters told me that they fixed her up last night to make her look better, more like herself. It was touching and sad, but inspiring to see how many lives she affected."

Laura's transformation from yesterday to tonight was amazing and wonderful. It so lifted my spirits, and I hope this comforts those that came on Tuesday evening. Lovely hardly comes close to describing how beautiful she looked tonight, surrounded by her family, friends, and the flowers she so loved. Her sisters came to her rescue, as she deserved nothing less than to look as beautiful in death, as she has always looked to all of us in life.

Laura may have left us for now, but not without leaving behind her inspiring spirit, her wonderful children, her endless generosity, and enough loving memories to last a life time for so many of us who were lucky enough to have known her. RIP JML...

I hear that she also had a beer bottle.

And a shot glass. It would have pleased her immensely.

oh how I wish I saw her that way. We went the night before.

boomie said:

Same here but these wonderful descriptions of what was done, who did it and why are very comforting. Thank you.

Same here. I glanced on Tuesday and decided I wanted to remember her the way I knew her in life.

joy said:

Same here. I glanced on Tuesday and decided I wanted to remember her the way I knew her in life.

Me too. (Even after seeing her Weds.)

On the more practical note ....There is parking at the First Aid Lot (Pool lot )across from Les Saisons ..

boomie said:

Me too. Thank you @Meggie for sharing that..

Kaitlyn was very proud of the work they did to make Laura look "more like Laura". It was sweet and very bittersweet.

We would like to attend tonight if there is still room.

Tabby and Tomcat

@tabby I believe upthread @ajc said anyone is welcome---I'd like to stop in later (7) and would ask @ajc or anyone helping there please post here with requests for things that might run short as the afternoon runs in to the evening....plastic tumblers? bags of ice? garbage bags? It sounds like a wonderfully generous event

Ice is probably a safe bet at that point. I am bringing some now.

Art is pretty busy. I will snoop around a little.

@joy and I were chatting with Dan at the repast a little while ago and he told us that Laura was constantly trying to get him to sign up for MOL but he always felt like it was "her thing" and never joined. But he still feels like he knows all of us from all that she shared with him about it. He said that he is now reading these threads a few posts at a time and is very touched by all of the stories. He asked us to let everyone know how much he and the family appreciate all that has been shared here and the support that they have received from all of us. He also said that he will probably join us here eventually, when he is ready.

Joy, please correct or add to my recollection of our conversation if I missed anything.

That's very sweet, about Dan. Dan, if you are reading this, my most heartfelt condolences. She was one in a million.

Thank you sac for that and for all those who wrote here about the past and present. And thanks to joy and jersey jack for capturing today for those who missed it and for the family to have for posterity. Dan knew me from my call-ins to the FAN as well. confused

Cups are in short supply as well now.

Stopped in around 5 to drop off some cups and say hello. There was A LOT of food. Thanks to Art for hosting.

we are about 30 minutes out if anyone wants to post what might be helpful to bring at this point thx!

[GOT IT - OTHER THREAD - THANKS] Hi -- can some helpful soul please post where the party is? It is probably noted in one of these threads but they are extensive and I haven't seen it -- except that it's at Art's, but I don't know where that is. I knew Laura and would love to attend.

I just got home. It's a wonderful party with non-stop food. Of every kind, from pizza to sophisticated mystery meat, and that's just the salads. Greentree - those cookies and note you sent were beautiful and tasty. I made sure JerseyJack got a picture of them.

Les Saisons - at the bottom of Elmwood Avenue near the pool.- a big Victorian house set waaaay back. n

304 Elmwood Ave, 973-762-3416, and yes, set way back from the street.

Across Elmwood from Winchester Gardens. Watch the signs for parking ... there are a lot of "no parking" zones in that area.

I was there right after the service but couldn't stay very long. Assuming the party is still going strong, I'm going to try to get back there around 9:00pm or a little after.

So glad the cookies were good. Wish I was there, but I am wearing coral & have had to walk around holding my jeans up all day. Grabbed the wrong ones this morning, but being out in public with one's clothes falling off would definitely get the "Laura" stamp of approval.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.