Inconsequential Chat

Well, as you contemplate munching into a blueberry muffin for breakfast or, perhaps, a contemplative snack over the weekend, take a look at this not-so-little beauty!

Weighing in at almost three-quarters of an ounce, it is between six and ten six times heavier than the usual weight of a blueberry.

The fruit, which was harvested from a farm in New South Wales last year, has been recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the world's largest blueberry.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-14/guinness-world-records-worlds-heaviest-blueberry-costa-berries/103585822

and   https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/mar/15/blueberry-nsw-breaks-guinness-world-record-heaviest

Don’t forget that the new Facebook rule starts this weekend where Mark Zuckerberg can sneak into your kitchen at night and eat whatever is in your refrigerator. To stop him from doing that, copy and paste this message on your Facebook feed:

I do not authorize Mark Zuckerberg or any entity associated with Facebook to sneak into my house and eat anything in my refrigerator. With this statement, I notify Facebook to leave my milk, eggs, butter, cheese, veggies, sandwich meats, pickles, and leftover pizza alone.

After you copy and paste this message, the light in your refrigerator will turn blue and you'll be good to go.

With Latin origins, the Ides of March derived its meaning from 'Idus Martias,' referring to the middle of the month of March and signalling the full moon in the sky.

However, the date of March 15, the Ides of March, is forever associated with the assassination of Julius Caesar by senators hoping to preserve the Roman Republic.

Hence the expression:  "Beware the Ides of March!"

Having made sure I'm not likely to be charged with Lèse-majesté in either of our countries...

Bloody typical of you lot. I park my boat here for ten minutes to give you some maritime education, go off to check out the weather forecast, come back and now look at it!

Own up, who was it?

marksierra said:

To be followed by ...

I think our age is showing, dear friend of my far distant youth…  smile

marksierra said:

Bloody typical of you lot. I park my boat here for ten minutes to give you some maritime education, go off to check out the weather forecast, come back and now look at it!

Own up, who was it?

Terry Pratchett or his daughter??  cheese 

joanne said:

marksierra said:

Own up, who was it?

Terry Pratchett or his daughter??  
cheese

I was thinking, without naming names, that it might have been someone right here on MOL.

Now, moving on .. I believe we can all identify with this.  Especially those above a certain age (which I'm not suggesting any of us are) ...

Yes, yes. I know.

We're told from childhood that we shouldn't play with our food.

However, (not) in that vein, may I present Sausage Henge!

marksierra said:

Yes, yes. I know.

is that the a figgy puddin?

Jaytee said:

marksierra said:

Yes, yes. I know.

is that the a figgy puddin?

Not as far as I can tell, at least not from this distance.

Didja see this??

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-27/dean-summers-first-person-to-swim-from-newcastle-to-sydney/103640698
He swam, unaided, in the sea from Newcastle NSW to Sydney NSW - just under 51 miles nonstop including throughout the night! And he’s in his mid-60s!! 
Stung by bluebottle jellyfish the whole way!!

I am just in awe! 

joanne said:

Stung by bluebottle jellyfish the whole way!!

I am just in awe! 

Awe?  That's a Portuguese Man o War.

(Well it - almost - sounds the same   smile )

Bushfire burning in Western Australia, about 80 miles south of the state capital, Perth.

marksierra said:

Awe?  That's a Portuguese Man o War.

(Well it - almost - sounds the same  
smile
)

In awe of Dean’s achievement, NOT merely surviving the jellyfish attacks  question

marksierra said:

From @joanne's neck of the woods.

Lakewoods, up here, 3 days ago when we had more than 30 hours of continuous rain. Rain at Easter is pretty much a Gold Coast/Queensland tradition, called ‘the Easter Break’ from unbearable humidity and heat.  There were other areas of localised flooding too.  smile

I dreamed that I was wearing a shirt covered in corn and wheat stalks.

My friends asked WTF are you wearing?

I told them that it’s a crop top.

I think this may take a while.

Think I'll grab a coffee while I'm waiting.

Speaking of coffee, research has indicated that the 'flat white' was most likely inspired by Italian farmers working in the canefields of regional Queensland.   (joanne's home state)

https://theconversation.com/who-invented-the-flat-white-italian-sugar-farmers-from-regional-queensland-likely-played-a-big-role-224747

This is gorgeous!

“The Starry Night” gecko is named for its distinctive pattern reminiscent of van Gogh’s famous namesake painting.

The new species was found when a biologist travelled to the eastern slopes of the Western Ghats in Tamil Nadu, a rugged series of species-rich mountains running parallel to India’s western coast.

You'll need to squint to see this, or view it from a bit further away from your usual viewing distance.

(Source .. or should that be sauce? - https://twitter.com/Ticklematter/status/1775769958024462817)

Oh wow.... a storm trooper with a lettuce beard.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.