I don't get it. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I don't get it. 

turn your phone upside down…

Jaytee said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I don't get it. 

turn your phone upside down…

ah, now I see.  I was looking on my iPad and when I turn the iPad upside down,  the image turned over as well. I looked on my phone and saw the image. 

Chaos visualized in mere seconds, demonstrated by a room full of cats and several props...

Did you know that if you cut someone open and take their small intestine and you stretch it out across one football field, you’d get 25-30 years in prison?

Shudder!

Admire from afar, methinks...

Are children still taught tongue twisters in school?

“Betty Botta bought some butter;
“But,” said she, “this butter’s bitter!
If I put it in my batter
It will make my batter bitter.
But a bit o’ better butter
Will but make my batter better.”
Then she bought a bit o’ butter
Better than the bitter butter,
Made her bitter batter better.
So ’twas better Betty Botta
Bought a bit o’ better butter.”

Danny Kaye - Tongue Twister

(This may belong in the Politics section)

From our friends across the pond...

Optical illusion:  a nativity scene .. or something else?

The year was 1996 and the location was Devon, England, where Neil Simmons ventured out to his garden every evening to talk with the owls. Neil would stand there and call out with a “twit-twoo” to speak with the owls.

Neil had many nights with no response but he persisted with the hope of a response from a real life owl. One night he was lucky enough to actually hear an owl reply with a “twit-twoo” and not only that, he kept on receiving responses to his hooting night after night.

Now the interesting part is that Mr Simmons did not know that there was another fan of owls in the community. Enter Fred Cornes. Now Fred had heard some hooting and decided to call back to the owls every evening but what Fred and Mr Simmons didn’t realise was that they were just hooting at each other!

The hilarious part about these two owl lovers hooting at each other is that it took them over a year to realise that they were not actually communicating with real owls but in fact hooting at each another!

Brilliant!

marksierra said:

The year was 1996 and the location was Devon, England, where Neil Simmons ventured out to his garden every evening to talk with the owls. Neil would stand there and call out with a “twit-twoo” to speak with the owls.

Neil had many nights with no response but he persisted with the hope of a response from a real life owl. One night he was lucky enough to actually hear an owl reply with a “twit-twoo” and not only that, he kept on receiving responses to his hooting night after night.

Now the interesting part is that Mr Simmons did not know that there was another fan of owls in the community. Enter Fred Cornes. Now Fred had heard some hooting and decided to call back to the owls every evening but what Fred and Mr Simmons didn’t realise was that they were just hooting at each other!

The hilarious part about these two owl lovers hooting at each other is that it took them over a year to realise that they were not actually communicating with real owls but in fact hooting at each another!

Brilliant!

now I’m wondering why my mother used to say “ I don’t give two hoots whether you like it or not, you’re gonna eat it” !

marksierra said:

Optical illusion:  a nativity scene .. or something else?

I shared this one. Thanks. 

This chart is current.

Aviators will understand this.

Jaytee's post

Which reminds me of ....

I saw this in my web-travels and thought it might be of interest:

“Tea has been many things in its time – a global commodity, a comforting beverage, and even, in the eyes of some Bostonians 250 years ago this week, a symbol of oppressive politics. But one role you might not have attributed to tea is that of a life-saving health intervention.

In a recent paper in the Review of Statistics and Economics, economist Francisca Antman of the University of Colorado, Boulder, makes a convincing case that the explosion of tea as an everyman’s drink in late 1700s England saved many lives. This would not have been because of any antioxidants or other substances inherent to the lauded leaf.

Instead, the simple practice of boiling water for tea, in an era before people understood that illness could be caused by water-borne pathogens, may have been enough to keep many from an early grave.”

From:  https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20231215-how-britains-taste-for-tea-may-have-been-a-life-saver

Right!  Here's your challenge - local choirs, glee clubs, anybody (and everybody)!  

Get together with your friends, fill a stadium and see if you can beat this 7000-strong community choir!

marksierra said:

Right!  Here's your challenge - local choirs, glee clubs, anybody (and everybody)!  

Get together with your friends, fill a stadium and see if you can beat this 7000-strong community choir!

Wow. That was quite moving. Thanks. 

The mystery of how Father Christmas can deliver presents to 700 million children in one night, fit down the chimney and arrive without being seen or heard has been ‘solved’ by a physicist at the University of Exeter.

Santa and his reindeer zoom around the world at such speed that — according to relativity theory — they would shrink, enabling Father Christmas and a huge sack of presents to fit down chimneys.

Ah yes, none of the animal goes to waste.  Although, it may end up going to someone's waist.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.