Inconsequential Chat

Ate my last bit of cheese yesterday. Today it is raining.  Ain’t no sunshine when cheese gone.

I think I've been a 4 most of the day, but am now rapidly advancing to a 6.

Mostly 3 so far (the computer is outside the frame)

Yesterday was 5, if you add quiet crying. (Pain meds weren’t quite strong enough)  Hoping for a cute 2 today.

Which leads me to the Australian Magpie, which was voted the winner of the Australian Science Week favourite animal sound.

In a competition run by ABC Australia - the country's national (non-commercial) broadcaster - the magpie came out the clear winner from a selection of 28 Australian animal sounds.

Visit the website, and click on the links to hear the animals which were in the running for the award.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2023-07-31/australia-favourite-animal-sounds-list-version/102702734#listversion

This a brief snippet of the magpie's call.

Magpie.mp3

To: Any local British expatriates. 

I was thinking of a few things today and decided that my brain may not be perfect, but parts of it are excellent.

Jaytee
said:

Coffee or tea?

Tea.

Where would the internet be without cats?

This is strangely hypnotic...

I am a Kiffness devotee

How did we survive without smart phones? 

Good to know.

Consider this as a Public Service message and a handy hint for the next time you're feeling peckish.

MOL sometimes…

A time of innocence - in the early years, at least.

Earworm, perhaps, and could also be related to the previous post.

marksierra said:

Earworm, perhaps, and could also be related to the previous post.

if you don’t eat your meat…you can’t have any pudding…

I unintentionally signed up for an escapologist course; now I’m having a really tough time getting out of it.

How do you spell 'irony'?

marksierra said:

How do you spell 'irony'?

sounds like a Nigerian scam…

With India's lunar lander having recently been successfully delivered and deployed, it reminded me of this ...

This is very much me.  I'm a terrible digital hoarder.

For those who've worked for, or have ever needed to call, an I.T. Helpdesk...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.