Highland Place "Nachos"

If the new place serves Neat Nachos, and has a captain in addition to the wait staff, do we have to tip both?

dave said:
The upcoming Curb Your Enthusiasm season has an episode titled "Neat Nachos."

Owner is still looking for someone to rent the place,but the liquor license transfer was approved.

http://villagegreennj.com/towns/government/liquor-license-secured-highland-pl-property-owner-plans-lease-space/

ArchBroad said:
Owner is still looking for someone to rent the place,but the liquor license transfer was approved.
http://villagegreennj.com/towns/government/liquor-license-secured-highland-pl-property-owner-plans-lease-space/

I heard $14,000 per month for the rent. Not sure about the liquor license fee ...

That's a lot of neat nachos.

bog said:
I miss that ugly red sofa. It was perfect for a night out with kids.

norman said:
I miss Highland Place.

I miss the Pete Townshend print.

It sounds like the landlord and Mr. Farrow did not get along very well.

ArchBroad said:

yahooyahoo said:
It sounds like the landlord and Mr. Farrow did not get along very well.

ArchBroad said:

There's lots of money to be made parking cars, I guess.

Quite a lot. He can afford to wait as long as he likes. Which, from the standpoint of a resident concerned about the space, is a very good thing.

With such high rent, it would take a lot more than neat nachos to make a go of it, especially if the landlord will make no improvements

Do they have space for a garden in back or to create one by knocking down that back room that was used for private events? There were posts on FB about people wanting a beer garden. Now's their chance...

like this:

http://thestirlinghotel.com/wp/

It's like a part of Park Slope defected from Brooklyn and got transplanted in the middle of NJ.

That would be awesome, but it would have to come out of the restaurateur's pocket since the landlord won't pay for more repairs/improvements according to the story above. Similarly, I doubt the landlord would be amused to have a large part of his building taken down to open into a beer garden.

I would have loved more spaces in the area that had really nice outdoor eating spaces. Mostly, the outdoor eating spaces that existed overlooked parking lots, busy streets and the like. IIRC.

with the recent news that the old Highland Place space is reopening as Altopiano, I'd like to suggest that the new restaurant really should have neat nachos on their menu.

ml1 said:

with the recent news that the old Highland Place space is reopening as Altopiano, I'd like to suggest that the new restaurant really should have neat nachos on their menu.

Dude you need a hobby. 

mrincredible said:

ml1 said:

Dude you need a hobby. 

I need to find another restaurant that serves the HP neat nachos is what I need.

But were they neat as in "clean" or neat as is "cool"?  hmm - maybe I need to re-read the whole thread.

They were served in a glass with no ice.

I don't have time to search this thread and see if anyone already made this joke. Plus it's been two years.

mrincredible said:

Dude you need a highball.

mrincredible said:

I don't have time to search this thread and see if anyone already made this joke. Plus it's been two years.

This thread started in much simpler times. 

“Oh no, Mitt Romney is going to ruin the country if he’s elected!”

Threads on MOL often remind me of the Walking Dead.

ska said:

Threads on MOL often remind me of the Walking Dead.

Start out good then get gratuitously bad and not know when to end?

DaveSchmidt said:

mrincredible said:

Dude you need a highball.

Sounds like you’d better make it a Zombie instead.

ml1 said:

mrincredible said:

ml1 said:

Dude you need a hobby. 

I need to find another restaurant that serves the HP neat nachos is what I need.

Loved them!!!

Something tells me you can still find them as a special order...

Neat Nachos Recipe:

1. Make Nachos.

2. Eat 2/3 of the Nachos.

3. Serve the rest at full price. Neat!

A giraffe walks into a bar, looks around and says, “the high  balls are on me!”

Two guys walk into a bar.  One asks for H20.  The other asks for H20 too...

boomie said:

Two guys walk into a bar.  One asks for H20.  The other asks for H20 too...

Bleaching his hair?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.