Highland Place "Nachos"

If I got nachos with refried beans on them I'd be grossed out.

Er... Webster's online dictionary has this to say about "nachos":

plural nachos
Definition of NACHO
: a tortilla chip topped with melted cheese and often additional savory toppings (as hot peppers or refried beans)

Doesn't say anywhere that there have to be a thousand of them...

PeggyC said:

Er... Webster's online dictionary has this to say about "nachos":

plural nachos
Definition of NACHO
: a tortilla chip topped with melted cheese and often additional savory toppings (as hot peppers or refried beans)

Doesn't say anywhere that there have to be a thousand of them...

Though it DOES say "melted cheese."

Nowhere have you complained about a lack of cheese. You are now trying to have your nachos and eat them, too.

And if you thought you weren't getting what you wanted when you ordered them, why didn't you just send them back? Oh, what's that? You ENJOYED them, but you wanted a redefinition of what they were? Um, yeah.

so tiring ktc...clearly you can't let go of your fifteen minutes.

There's a very circular quality to this thread.

Plus it's too goddarned long to be about nachos

PeggyC said:

Nowhere have you complained about a lack of cheese. You are now trying to have your nachos and eat them, too.

Hah! oh oh

boomie said:

so tiring ktc...clearly you can't let go of your fifteen minutes.

huh? Can you get your 15 anonymously? Not sure it works like that.

PeggyC said:

And if you thought you weren't getting what you wanted when you ordered them, why didn't you just send them back? Oh, what's that? You ENJOYED them, but you wanted a redefinition of what they were? Um, yeah.

I thought the flavors were good, but the "nachos" represented a clear lack of focus and overall affectedness of the menu. I don't send food back unless it's cooked improperly or inedible.

I devoured that book. Heh.

-s.

ktc and ysm...same guy? Or two guys who share a "Kick Me" sign?

Nah... KTC keeps coming back swinging and begging for more. YSM runs away and hides when it gets hot.

algebra2 said:

That's sad cause refried beans on nachos is one of my favorite things, right after sour cream, which is the sine qua non of Mexican/American food.

BabFab said:

algebra2 said:

That's sad cause refried beans on nachos is one of my favorite things, right after sour cream, which is the sine qua non of Mexican/American food.

yeah, but it goes right to your hips.

BabFab said:

algebra2 said:

I love refried beans on my nachos with guacamole wink

has this discussion finally petered out? I'm feeling somehow empty now. like when the baseball season ends.

Essben just revived it in the Katz's deli thread.

BabFab said:

algebra2 said:

Mexican/American, you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0

at the risk of being called pretentious, let me say that this was one of the best cocktails I've had:
CUCUMBER LIME MARTINI : Don Julio Blanco, Cointreau, fresh lime & cucumber

at: http://manuels.com/

With the news that the HP liquor license has been transferred to a new licensee, I thought I'd be the first person to say that I hope that whatever restaurant opens in the space, they have a place on the menu for Neat Nachos. Four perfect corn tortilla chips, each with a single slice of pecan-smoked chicken, a dab of guacamole, and a dab of jalapeno pesto.

Mmmm.

I hope in the very near future we will be seeing them someplace local soon, however I'm pretty sure it won't be there. And if the brains (and hands) behind the nachos is reading this... leave the back gate open. I'll bring the tequila and/or Havana Club. Go heavy on the pesto heat. Thankey.

they were SO good....

I guess if they sold a lot more of the "neat nachos" (4 chips for like $10-what a rip) they might still be there.

oots

The upcoming Curb Your Enthusiasm season has an episode titled "Neat Nachos."

I miss Highland Place.

cheese

norman said:
I miss Highland Place.

I miss my early memories of HP, before I started to believe the food was heading downhill. But I did love those neat nachos. Especially after ktc called them names.

I miss that ugly red sofa. It was perfect for a night out with kids.

norman said:
I miss Highland Place.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.