Highland Place "Nachos"

Went to Highland Place yesterday and had the bacon-wrapped figs (dates? figs?)... DELICIOUS! And I even shared them with a friend. smile

PeggyC said:

Went to Highland Place yesterday and had the bacon-wrapped figs (dates? figs?)... DELICIOUS! And I even shared them with a friend. smile

So good, you didn't even know what you were eating! grin

ktc said:

PeggyC said:

It's not her fault, that's what the menu says.

RobB said:

ktc said:

PeggyC said:

The menu has question marks???

how come no one has mentioned ramps yet? Can't they be pretentious even though you have to go looking for them in the woods. Jicama is too common to be pretentious-- plus it's crunchy and EVERYONE loves crunchy, it's the most populist food trait.

This thread has become a splendid tapestry.

Ingredients themselves cannot be pretentious.

Pretentious?

Panko breaded jicama neat nachos with a bleue cheese remoulade.

SOrefugee, can you drizzle something on that dish please?

mem said:

Pretentions be damned, if it's yummy, I'll eat it!

ktc said:

RobB said:

ktc said:

PeggyC said:

The menu has question marks???
Crazy right? But it's not every menu, just 1.

ktc said:

PeggyC said:

So good my memory got hazy! And unlike some folks, I don't memorize the menu. smile

mem said:

Sorry for the confusion. The bleue cheese remoulade is actually a single drop. Can't get more pretentious than that, no?

I spoke to the folks at HP and, based on this discussion, they have decided to change up the menu and increase the portion size. Perhaps this is more to your liking?
;-)

the_other_tammy said:

I spoke to the folks at HP and, based on this discussion, they have decided to change up the menu and increase the portion size. Perhaps this is more to your liking?
;-)

Is that for real?

In your freaking dreams.

boomie said:

In your freaking dreams.

Really, is that so outrageous? That's what an order of "Neat Nachos" SHOULD look like.

for EIGHT DOLLARS!!!!???

Well, this anyway:

boomie said:

for EIGHT DOLLARS!!!!???

Um, yeah. It's chicken and tortilla chips.

Your pic looks like crap!

boomie said:

Your pic looks like crap!

I prefer my nachos to, you know, resemble nachos. As I've said, I dislike when food is presented in a fussy way that only resembles what some chef thinks other people think fine dining should be.

ktc said:

boomie said:

for EIGHT DOLLARS!!!!???

Um, yeah. It's chicken and tortilla chips.

OK, let's break it down. In that photo, there are 15 neat nachos. That is approximately 2-3 chicken breasts. Plus, you have guacamole and all the ingredients that go along with that (and heaping spoonfuls on each chip, btw) and the pesto with all the ingredients that go into that. You also have the labor that is involved in creating each separate chip. You also have the homemade chips.

In your photo, there are a bunch of store bought chips, some refried beans (a teeny smattering on each chip), a tiny slice of avocado, some lettuce and what would likely be less than a handful of shredded cheese. And, it looks pretty nasty.

Your photo probably costs $10 at a crappy restaurant.

Do the math....

the_other_tammy said:

Do the math....

I did. Final equation equaled dinner at Arturo's over the weekend.

There is 1.00 worth of ingredients in those yucky looking nachos KTC!

The truth of the matter here is that KTC saw the word "nachos" on the menu chose to ignore every other word in the listing, including "neat" and "individual tortilla chips."

Dude, you have only yourself to blame.

PeggyC said:

The truth of the matter here is that KTC saw the word "nachos" on the menu chose to ignore every other word in the listing, including "neat" and "individual tortilla chips."

What was served, under any definition written and unwritten, were not "nachos." My photo above, despite boomie's utter contempt and disgust, is simply an illustration of what "neat" nachos could be. What they serve at HP are for people who think paying more less is sophisticated dining.

ktc said:

PeggyC said:

What was served, under any definition written and unwritten, were not "nachos." My photo above, despite boomie's utter contempt and disgust, is simply an illustration of what "neat" nachos could be. What they serve at HP are for people who think paying more less is sophisticated dining.
I'm back to being confused. What's the problem again? I thought you said you liked the goddamn things?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.