Gangs In MMS ??

I have to admit that I have grown weary of fighting with the school about this and given that my kid moves on to CHS in a couple weeks I am not sure how much more energy I have. We will need to reevaluate when the younger kids are ready for middle school because things may be better by then.

I am afraid that the only thing that will get MMS to address the issue from the 5,000 foot level is a public shaming.

Speaking only for my daughter and not the other girls she is less bothered about this than me. She is a tough Philly kid and holds her own. She is a budding feminist - reads tons of literature on sexuality and gender roles (but will not read or turn in the assignments in Language Arts). She will be fine.

Her and a couple friends put together a power point on the subject and met with the admin about the problem. That was nice and I think could have been productive but as far as we can tell there was no follow up.

Someone was asking about counseling for the gropers - the problem is this happens in big groups and there is no real good way to identify who is doing what. My kid, for the most part, did not know any of the kids.

The groping hasn't stopped. It happened last week and another school did get the police involved.

cleg, I certainly take your points that (1) you don't want the young perps to be treated as criminals at this point and (2) your daughter is moving on. My 2 cents would be that either you or some other affected parent might try "a letter on lawyer paper" with cc's to all the relevant district admins, to get the school's attention without immediately involving the police.

Your daughter sounds as though she's doing great (though I sympathize with you about the not-done homework). I hope your family will enjoy a relatively peaceful summer and all success (and proper treatment) at CHS.

Mjc, exactly.

Filmcarp, i meant having a lawyer deal with the school system for not responding, not for the gropers.

Would cameras in the hallways help?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!