Credit to our Right-Wingnuts

Jaytee said:

ml1 said:

our American "freedom" riders intended to go to DC but decided to halt their advance in Hagerstown, MD.  Instead of protesting in the nation's capital they decided to drive laps around the beltway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trucker-convoy-drives-laps-dc-beltway-rcna18916

so much for the courage of their convictions.  I guess they decided a parade would be more fun.

I was on rte 3 on Saturday. Tons of police and sheriff blocked the highway so our freedom fighters could drive unobstructed. Makes you wonder how so much manpower was put into this. Their convoy was about a mile long. Ridiculous.

what, aside from "Let's Go Brandon!" do they stand for?

ml1 said:

here's a good take on what they're actually up to

ml1 said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

I mean, you called people who didn't buy into the latest guidance a death cult.  And I'm sure our buddy ml1 really disagreed with that characterization, but could muster the finger strength to reply.

Anyone refusing the vaccine for asinine reasons was part of a death cult. The vaccine, while not preventing  transmissions, absolutely, by significant factors, keeps you from dying. Inarguable. If you refused the vaccine for anything other than a certified medical reason, you were an unthinking ****. And destructive to public health to boot.

And by Nov 21 (the date of your "prescient" post), who was claiming herd immunity from the vaccine anyway?

I suppose "death cult" offends some people's delicate sensibilities.  But if a person's personal beliefs lead them to refuse a vaccine that increases their rate of death by 15-20x that of vaccinated or boosted people, how is it inaccurate?

I think we an all agree to a few things.  The initial data from clinical trials suggested higher efficacy than in the real world.  The initial real world results against the early variants suggested higher efficacy than was the case against omicron.  The country never approached anything like herd immunity.  But in a parallel universe where 90%+ of eligible Americans were vaccinated, what would the omicron surge have looked like?  We can't know.

At this point I've lost the point of the argument against vaccination. Is it that it was a smart choice not to vaccinate oneself because the actual efficacy was less than what was predicted from the early data?  It's clear that despite early claims of greater effectiveness than was the case in the population over time, vaccinated people are much, much better protected against bad health outcomes.  So it's still not a smart choice to stay unvaccinated.  And why should anyone pretend it is a smart and rational choice?  It's not a smart choice to run with scissors or eat uncooked chicken either.  Should we pretend those are smart choices not to offend the people who got sick with food poisoning?

Frankly, the efficacy has been a moving target.  Yet people treat what Fauci and Walensky said as gospel.  And anyone who questioned them were heretics or members of a"death cult".

As you point out, the narrative kept changing because the data didn't seem to match the narrative.  But that didn't slow anyone down.  In fact, the reaction was to call for mandates.  And then start to mandate children.  Even after discovering that it didn't prevent transmission.  Its not that this is bad logic, but its really incoherent. 

And people lost their jobs.  Good people who were on the front lines at the beginning.   Many with natural immunity.   Many who were called heroes quite recently.  And their crime was really heresy.  The same with the truckers.  We don't seem to appreciate people's right to protest unless we agree with them.  Once upon a time your leaders said "the whole point of protesting is to make people uncomfortable" and you cheered.  But good blue collar people protest for body autonomy are called terrorists.  

The choice to get vaccinated is a personal one.  People who benefit from it should take the vaccine.  People who won't should not.  Neither is morally superior to the other.  And that's the difference between you and me:  I wish people in both groups well.

drummerboy said:

terp said:

I mean, you called people who didn't buy into the latest guidance a death cult.  And I'm sure our buddy ml1 really disagreed with that characterization, but could muster the finger strength to reply.

Anyone refusing the vaccine for asinine reasons was part of a death cult. The vaccine, while not preventing  transmissions, absolutely, by significant factors, keeps you from dying. Inarguable. If you refused the vaccine for anything other than a certified medical reason, you were an unthinking ****. And destructive to public health to boot.

And by Nov 21 (the date of your "prescient" post), who was claiming herd immunity from the vaccine anyway?

There is a thread where you all are lecturing me about how vaccines are the sure fire way to herd immunity and to think differently is complete nonsense.  

And I must say your post above is almost as stupid as it is childish.

nohero said:

terp said:

I recall a discussion from about a year ago on this board regarding masks.  I mentioned that I walked my dog on the trails in the reservation and people coming the other way left the trail to avoid me because I was not wearing a mask.  Of course, everyone jumped on me for being an unscientific dolt and praised the wisdom of those people.  Was that because you were getting better information than I was?

It was December 2020 and people "jumped on" you for being so judgmental of them at a time when people couldn't be vaccinated yet and Covid deaths were still rampant around the country.

Yeah.  That's not true.  The truth is that I was getting lectured about how effective masks are.  This at a time when most were wearing cloth masks.  Think about that.  They told at risk people it was ok to go places if you wear a cloth mask.

mjc said:

sidetrack

terp said: "Somehow, even Aaron Rodgers was getting the scarlet letter from polite
society for some reason."

Aaron Rodgers, who works in a line of business where close contact with teammates, opponents, and staff is unavoidable, and whose employer and union had agreed to very careful practices, saw fit to party against policy (hello Boris Johnson) and effectively lied in public about his vaccination status.  I'll still watch GB play, but i've lost respect for him, except as an athlete.

Cheers from the dairy state.

The thing you leave out is exactly 0 people were harmed, but you still have your panties in a wad.  So I guess there's that.

ml1 said:

Jaytee said:

ml1 said:

our American "freedom" riders intended to go to DC but decided to halt their advance in Hagerstown, MD.  Instead of protesting in the nation's capital they decided to drive laps around the beltway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trucker-convoy-drives-laps-dc-beltway-rcna18916

so much for the courage of their convictions.  I guess they decided a parade would be more fun.

I was on rte 3 on Saturday. Tons of police and sheriff blocked the highway so our freedom fighters could drive unobstructed. Makes you wonder how so much manpower was put into this. Their convoy was about a mile long. Ridiculous.

If they really cared, they'd loot a Hermes.  AmIrite?

terp said:

It would make more of a statement than driving in circles. 

terp said:

The thing you leave out is exactly 0 people were harmed, but you still have your panties in a wad.  So I guess there's that.

Is no harm, no foul a principle of personal ethics?

terp said:

Frankly, the efficacy has been a moving target.  Yet people treat what Fauci and Walensky said as gospel.  And anyone who questioned them were heretics or members of a"death cult".

As you point out, the narrative kept changing because the data didn't seem to match the narrative.  But that didn't slow anyone down.  In fact, the reaction was to call for mandates.  And then start to mandate children.  Even after discovering that it didn't prevent transmission.  Its not that this is bad logic, but its really incoherent. 

And people lost their jobs.  Good people who were on the front lines at the beginning.   Many with natural immunity.   Many who were called heroes quite recently.  And their crime was really heresy.  The same with the truckers.  We don't seem to appreciate people's right to protest unless we agree with them.  Once upon a time your leaders said "the whole point of protesting is to make people uncomfortable" and you cheered.  But good blue collar people protest for body autonomy are called terrorists.  

The choice to get vaccinated is a personal one.  People who benefit from it should take the vaccine.  People who won't should not.  Neither is morally superior to the other.  And that's the difference between you and me:  I wish people in both groups well.

My wishes have nothing to do with which group does well compared to the other (or your wishes for that matter).

ml1 said:

terp said:

Is no harm, no foul a principle of personal ethics?

I'd say somewhat.  I mean, water under the bridge and all that.   

However, the crazy part is that even if he was vaccinated the risk of someone getting hurt was pretty much the same.

ml1 said:

terp said:

It would make more of a statement than driving in circles. 

Not to mention their complete inability to accessorize 

ml1 said:

terp said:

My wishes have nothing to do with which group does well compared to the other (or your wishes for that matter).

True.  So maybe don't judge so much.  Especially,  when its repeatedly proven that you don't know as much as you think you know.  Basically, don't be such a judgemental prick all the time.  Not just you.  You all know who you are.

After all, you may ask some of them to send their kids to die in a war someday when the same media outlets tell you to think that.  I guess then they'll be hero death cult members or something.  Has potential as a band name.

terp said:

True.  So maybe don't judge so much.  Especially,  when its repeatedly proven that you don't know as much as you think you know.  Basically, don't be such a judgemental prick all the time.  Not just you.  You all know who you are.

After all, you may ask some of them to send their kids to die in a war someday when the same media outlets tell you to think that.  I guess then they'll be hero death cult members or something.  Has potential as a band name.

it's not being a prick to point out that unvaccinated people get sicker than vaccinated people. It might actually be considered being empathetic. 

terp said:

However, the crazy part is that even if he was vaccinated the risk of someone getting hurt was pretty much the same.

So you're cool with the dishonesty?

ml1 said:

terp said:

So you're cool with the dishonesty?

Absolutely.  In certain situations it is the right thing to do.

ml1 said:

terp said:

it's not being a prick to point out that unvaccinated people get sicker than vaccinated people. It might actually be considered being empathetic. 

It depends how you do it.  If you assume everyone who makes different decisions from you is an ignorant rube then your facts better be air friggin tight.  And you(and certainly not just you) have a tendency to look down on, think of as evil, and show absolutely no empathy for people you disagree with.  

terp said:

It depends how you do it.  If you assume everyone who makes different decisions from you is an ignorant rube then your facts better be air friggin tight.  And you(and certainly not just you) have a tendency to look down on, think of as evil, and show absolutely no empathy for people you disagree with.  

nope. I just know that if one's doctor recommends vaccination and the person refuses, it's a seriously suboptimal decision. 

terp said:

even if that dishonesty takes away other people's (like sports media people's) consent to assume a risk of illness?

terp said:

mjc said:

The thing you leave out is exactly 0 people were harmed, but you still have your panties in a wad. So I guess there's that.

The money I could have won by betting the PVW-mjc exacta in the Terp’s Choler Stakes.

ml1 said:

terp said:

nope. I just know that if one's doctor recommends vaccination and the person refuses, it's a seriously suboptimal decision. 

How many of these people's doctors did you talk to?  As established, you are a really big fan of people doing exactly as they are told.  

ml1 said:

terp said:

even if that dishonesty takes away other people's (like sports media people's) consent to assume a risk of illness?

Seems like you're trying really hard to find fault here.

DaveSchmidt said:

terp said:

mjc said:

The thing you leave out is exactly 0 people were harmed, but you still have your panties in a wad. So I guess there's that.

The money I could have won by betting the PVW-mjc exacta in the Terp’s Choler Stakes.

Ha.  I think you may have it backwards a bit.  I'm usually outraged by the outrage here.  Especially when judgement is casted on wide swaths of people nobody knows.   But the people here magically always seem to know what's best for them and are willing to infringe upon their rights.

When you play the victim, you will always think people who disagree with you are your victimizer. It’s obvious that the people who support trump’s rhetoric see themselves as victims, because he plays the role of the victim so well. Misery loves company always. People who always complain are always looking around to see who might agree with their complaining. This terp is another one who sees this message board as a swamp of liberals he has to drain. Problem is, his pump doesn’t work too well, and no one is willing to lend him their pump. 
It’s just a matter of time before one of the “victims” here claims that Biden is to blame for gas prices. 

terp said:

nohero said:

terp said:

I recall a discussion from about a year ago on this board regarding masks.  I mentioned that I walked my dog on the trails in the reservation and people coming the other way left the trail to avoid me because I was not wearing a mask.  Of course, everyone jumped on me for being an unscientific dolt and praised the wisdom of those people.  Was that because you were getting better information than I was?

It was December 2020 and people "jumped on" you for being so judgmental of them at a time when people couldn't be vaccinated yet and Covid deaths were still rampant around the country.

Yeah.  That's not true.  The truth is that I was getting lectured about how effective masks are.  This at a time when most were wearing cloth masks.  Think about that.  They told at risk people it was ok to go places if you wear a cloth mask.

It's a message board, people don't have to accept your version.

terp said:

ml1 said:

terp said:

Seems like you're trying really hard to find fault here.

there was fault there

terp said:

ml1 said:

terp said:

How many of these people's doctors did you talk to?  As established, you are a really big fan of people doing exactly as they are told.  

I'm actually a big fan of people making smart decisions for themselves.  A lot of people who made their own personal decisions not to vaccinate are now dead as a result.  Sorry (not sorry) for not thinking that decision was a good one.

Jaytee said:

When you play the victim, you will always think people who disagree with you are your victimizer. It’s obvious that the people who support trump’s rhetoric see themselves as victims, because he plays the role of the victim so well. Misery loves company always. People who always complain are always looking around to see who might agree with their complaining. This terp is another one who sees this message board as a swamp of liberals he has to drain. Problem is, his pump doesn’t work too well, and no one is willing to lend him their pump. 
It’s just a matter of time before one of the “victims” here claims that Biden is to blame for gas prices. 

It's more of an echo chamber than a swamp.  Approximately 18 months ago the US was energy independent.

lord_pabulum said:

It's more of an echo chamber than a swamp.

If you think it’s an echo chamber, you haven’t really been paying attention.

Approximately 18 months ago the US was energy independent.

Unless I gave short shrift to the key words and Forbes, too, is “more of” an echo chamber than a swamp.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/14/is-the-us-energy-independent/?sh=30a9328f1387

terp said:

I'm offended by the lying in itself, lying and thereby exposing other people to risk they're unaware of, the bad example he sets for adult but very young teammates, and the sense of massive privilege he seems to feel (rules are for the little people?).  But my panties are just fine, thanks.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!