Credit to our Right-Wingnuts

GoSlugs said:

RealityForAll said:

I....am talking out of my butt.  

If you do enough parsing, there are kernels of truth.

I just want to post that this is a solid joke, and anyone who says otherwise is a doo-doo-head.

ridski said:

I just want to post that this is a solid joke, and anyone who says otherwise is a doo-doo-head.

goats can relate…

PeterWick said:

GoSlugs said:

Why don't you go ask your supposed Canadian family members?

Seriously, I am not going to engage in a dialogue with you because I do not believe you are acting in good faith.  Sorry dude.

LOL

Did you post this item earlier here? It is from 2/11 but that picture is pretty clear in showing some Americana present in the protest.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/edmonton-police-reviewing-video-of-officer-urging-colleagues-to-disobey-unlawful-orders-regarding-trucking-protests

PeterWIck thanks for the link showing that some Canadian police officers are/were supportive of the truck convoy.  It appears that Edmonton police officer, Elena Golysheva, is now on administrative leave as a result of her Instagram video supporting the truck convoy.  The fact that Ms. Golysheva filmed her Instagram statements while in uniform seems to be problematic.

==========================================================

URL:  https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/edmonton-police-officer-placed-on-leave-after-appearing-in-pro-convoy-video-eps

Brief excerpt from February 15th Edmonton Journal article which updates us on the job status of Edmonton Police officer, Elena Golysheva, who was supportive of truck convoy (initial story about Ms. Golysheva was described in Peter Wick's post and link above):

Edmonton Police Service (EPS) has placed an officer on leave after a uniformed constable appeared in a video expressing support for truck and convoy protests.

In an email statement Tuesday, EPS spokeswoman Cheryl Sheppard said Const. Elena Golysheva has been “placed on administrative leave” while the service’s professional standards branch investigates the incident.

The video, which surfaced on social media about a week ago, appears to show Golysheva sympathizing with demonstrators who are occupying Ottawa as part of the “freedom convoy” protesting COVID-19 vaccine mandates and public health restrictions.

The movement has included blockades at multiple Canada-U.S. border crossings.

In the video — a version of which was posted to a pro-convoy Instagram account — Golysheva says she is an immigrant to Canada whose “heart has been broken every day” after seeing the freedom that she moved to Canada for “has been taken away,” although she doesn’t specifically mention the COVID-19 pandemic.

Here's a different pic of the Conservative Edmonton MP and Swastika in question.  I guess it was a formatting error.  

Cooper eventually disavowed the swastika but the incident wasn't really out of character for him.  Before this he was mainly known as a champion of subjecting gay children to conversion therapy.

Klinker said:

Here's a different pic of the Conservative Edmonton MP and Swastika in question.  I guess it was a formatting error.  

Cooper eventually disavowed the swastika but the incident wasn't really out of character for him.  Before this he was mainly known as a champion of subjecting gay children to conversion therapy.

Klinker, you failed to mention that the Canadian flag was upside down.  My understanding is that when a national flag is flown upside down at political rallies then the individual flying the flag is in severe distress.  A hand written evil symbol upon an UPSIDES down Canadian flag gives credence to interpretations other than promoting the evil symbol.  Additionally, who was this individual flying that flag?  

My understanding was that MP Cooper was being interviewed by the CBC when that imhe age was obtained by the CBC cameraman (of the individual flying the UPSIDE down Canadian flag with the hateful symbol hand-written onto it and many feet from MP Cooper).  MP Cooper denounced the hateful symbol and asserts that he has no connection to the individual flying the UPSIDE down Canadian flag with the hateful symbol hand-written onto it to MP Cooper (though I do know that it fits a narrative).

Which begs the question why would the CBC intentionally broadcast such images*.   AFAIK, when giving an interview, the interviewee rarely/never checks the background after the interview begins.  IOW, it is hard for me to see how in good faith you (Klinker) can attribute this UPSIDE down Canadian flag with the hateful symbol hand-written onto it.

PS  The CBC receives most of its funding from the Canadian federal government.  The head of the Canadian federal government is prime minister, Justin Trudeau.  A few days ago Trudeau, while answering questions before Canadian parliament, tried to smear a Jewish, LGBT MP as embracing the hateful symbol.  Clearly, Trudeau is utilizing the hateful symbol smear against this particular MP.  Rather, than discuss why Trudeau allowed the Ottawa situation to escalate by virtue of the fact that he, Trudeau, would not try to mediate directly, or through an emissary, with the truckers, Trudeau smears the Jewish MP with allegations of embracing the hateful symbol.

PPS IIRC, Trudeau was a drama major (or perhaps a drama coach) before becoming PM.  Trudeau appears to using smears against opposition so that he can generate drama that benefits his policies.

*- typically the news cameraman has some control of what potion of the crowd to include in the background.  Additionally, most television news has time delay feature for live broadcasts to avoid such situations.  

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You are soooooooo silly!

Were the people flying these flags also in distress?  They certainly ought to be distressing to anyone with even a shred of decency left to them. Not to you, though.  I suspect you will find that some way, some how, this is all just the fault of the left.

Watch out for that tar there, it's mighty sticky!

Somehow, I just knew that if RFA posted long enough, he would end up defending straight up Nazis.  It did take a while, though, for him to show his true colors. 

(prepare for a massive gushing of faux outrage).

Klinker said:

Somehow, I just knew that if RFA posted long enough, he would end up defending straight up Nazis.  It did take a while, though, for him to show his true colors.

I never defended the group with the hateful symbol.  The reason you traffic in smears is because you are unable to respond to the substantive issues that I raised.  I accept your smear as your acknowledgement of your inability to discuss substantive issues.  

RealityForAll said:

Klinker said:

I never defended the group with the hateful symbol.  

You have literally spent the last three pages of this thread defending the Canadian Freedumb Convoy aka "the group with the hateful symbol(s)".

Don't urinate on our heads and then try to tell us its raining.

Klinker said:

RealityForAll said:

Klinker said:

I never defended the group with the hateful symbol.  

You have literally spent the last three pages of this thread defending the Canadian Freedumb Convoy aka "the group with the hateful symbol(s)".

Don't urinate on our heads and then try to tell us its raining.

Pax vobiscum.

ml1 said:

terp said:

I don't believe this is true.  The goal posts would just shift as has happened repeatedly.  This is often based on dubious science and misleading and incomplete information.  There was a story in the NY Times the other day about the NIH holding back data on booster efficacy.  Another noble lie from our government science complex.   The mandates go away when they become untenable.  

The majority of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated during the omicron surge.  As long as hospitals were near capacity, refusing a vaccination is working cross purpose with wanting fewer restrictions. Ans the % of hospital capacity being used isn't even science. It's just counting. 

Even if true, and I think it's a dubious claim, this in itself is a moving of the goal posts.

A dubious claim? How many times more do the unvaccinated need to be hospitalized and dying before you don't doubt the effectiveness of the vaccine? https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/#postvax-status

Because, there is confusion about how we're counting these things.  Is it with covid or due to covid?  Even Fauci started mentioning this when the narrative started shifting to opening back up when the politics, oh sorry, I mean the science changed.

terp said:

Even if true, and I think it's a dubious claim, this in itself is a moving of the goal posts.

you can check if it's true. And what you call "moving the goal posts" is adapting to changing circumstances. 

But from the beginning it has always been imperative to keep hospitals from being overrun. 

terp said:

Because, there is confusion about how we're counting these things.  Is it with covid or due to covid?  Even Fauci started mentioning this when the narrative started shifting to opening back up when the politics, oh sorry, I mean the science changed.

so you're suggesting the surge of hospital admissions is coincidental with the surge of COVID cases? That those people would have been hospitalized for some other cause anyway, and they were just there "with" COVID and not because of COVID? 

terp said:

Because, there is confusion about how we're counting these things.  Is it with covid or due to covid?  

I assume you can read graphs? The divergence is so extreme that it doesn't matter 'how you count these things'. 

Or do you have an alternate hypothesis of why unvaccinated folks were hospitalized and/or dying at such a high rate in January/February, and their catching Covid was just something that happened along the way?

Where were the hospitals overrun?  And why hasn't capacity adjusted where that was the case.  The numbers are questionable.   There were points where they only tested the unvaccinated.    Why did countries that had higher percentages of vaccinations and boosters have similar issues?  

OK. So you either can't read a graph, or you don't believe the data in the graph. 

You are not a rational person.

terp said:

Where were the hospitals overrun?  And why hasn't capacity adjusted where that was the case.  The numbers are questionable.   There were points where they only tested the unvaccinated.    Why did countries that had higher percentages of vaccinations and boosters have similar issues?  

say what now?

and how does that work exactly? How do you implement a regime that only tests the un-vaccinated?

you really have some crap sources.

sprout said:

OK. So you either can't read a graph, or you don't believe the data in the graph. 

You are not a rational person.

I am a very rational person.  And I know that data has been withheld and misreported and incentives were put in place to report covid.   I also know that although the efficacy of the vaccine was found to be less and less over time the push for mandates not only stopped, but they pushed for younger and younger people to get vaccinated.  This included manipulating the statistics to exclude people who had little benefit from the boosters.

The fact is that it may be advisable for some to get vaccinated.  My father is boosted, and he should be.  However, that doesn't mean there is a moral or logical case for mandates.

drummerboy said:

terp said:

say what now?

and how does that work exactly? How do you implement a regime that only tests the un-vaccinated?

I think this is supposed to mean that the vaccinated were really dying from Covid at a rate 16x higher than shown, but there was a conspiracy to categorize most of the vaccinated as hospitalized/dying from something else instead, like 'Flu' or 'Pneumonia'. 

I guess this massive misclassification was done so that at the very end of February the scientists could prove themselves right?

Not a rational person. 

drummerboy said:

terp said:

say what now?

You test every unvaccinated person admitted whether they show symptoms or not.  You test even people who broke a bone.  If they test positive they are in the hospital "with Covid".  You don't test people who show proof of vaccination.  What do you think that will do to the hospitalization stats?

sprout said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

say what now?

I think this is supposed to mean that the vaccinated were really dying from Covid at a rate 16x higher than shown, but there was a conspiracy to categorize most of the vaccinated as hospitalized/dying from something else instead, like 'Flu' or 'Pneumonia'. 

I guess this massive misclassification was done so that at the very end of February the scientists could prove themselves right?

Not a rational person. 

If you are going to call me names at least state my argument correctly.  Funny, that someone willing to go to the mat arguing 2+2=5 questions anyone's rationality.

terp said:

sprout said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

say what now?

Not a rational person. 

If you are going to call me names at least state my argument correctly.  Funny, that someone willing to go to the mat arguing 2+2=5 questions anyone's rationality.

Oh, right.  You don't understand vectors, rounding, or graphs.

terp said:

You test every unvaccinated person admitted whether they show symptoms or not.  You test even people who broke a bone.  If they test positive they are in the hospital "with Covid".  You don't test people who show proof of vaccination.  What do you think that will do to the hospitalization stats?

there are also the death stats. Maybe you think the unvaccinated were just unlucky enough to be more likely than the vaccinated to die of other causes during the omicron surge?

ml1 said:

terp said:

there are also the death stats. Maybe you think the unvaccinated were just unlucky enough to be more likely than the vaccinated to die of other causes during the omicron surge?

Again, I'm not saying they have no efficacy.   Most deaths are in the elderly.  70% or more.   And most have multiple comorbidities.  People in high ris catefories should definitely have gotten vaccinated.  So, those that didn't may have had a tougher time with the disease.  But again, some cases were "with covid".  We don't know how many, but there is no doubt its higher than zero.

Interestingly, we had more deaths in 2021 after vaccines were made available than we did in 2020.  These things are difficult to figure.  

"with covid" is yet another b.s. construction.

The fact is that total deaths since covid have gone up enormously. And that is due to covid.

So stop this line of crap too.

terp said:

ml1 said:

terp said:

Again, I'm not saying they have no efficacy.   Most deaths are in the elderly.  70% or more.   And most have multiple comorbidities.  People in high ris catefories should definitely have gotten vaccinated.  So, those that didn't may have had a tougher time with the disease.  But again, some cases were "with covid".  We don't know how many, but there is no doubt its higher than zero.

Interestingly, we had more deaths in 2021 after vaccines were made available than we did in 2020.  These things are difficult to figure.  

Please use the graphs of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated hospitalizations and deaths, and explain numerically how this could possibly be the case. Because this isn't even close to a plausible explanation from the graphs I'm seeing.

terp said:

they actually aren't hard to figure if your mind is open to really understanding. OTOH if you have a preconceived frame you're working with, it can all be quite perplexing. 

ml1 said:

terp said:

they actually aren't hard to figure if your mind is open to really understanding. OTOH if you have a preconceived frame you're working with, it can all be quite perplexing. 

You mean like backing all thinking into the vaccines and mask mandates cure all?  That is fun, because you can poke fun at red states when spikes happen there.

The fact is that none of these measures worked as we were told. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.