Credit to our Right-Wingnuts

Jaytee said:

drummerboy said:

unfortunately, he's like the energizer bunny

he’s unreal…

I have a lot of family in Canada, and from what they’re saying, most Canadians are pissed off because Americans are meddling in their affairs. 

do you have any relatives in the Ukraine?

STANV said:

terp said:

The left has replaced support for the working class with racial equity and social justice.  It looks down on the working class(deplorables) and frankly can no longer relate. 

Racial inequity or more precisely Racism is a tool the Ruling Class uses to divide the Working Class. Social Justice empowers the working class.

The right wants to portray itself as having replaced its support for the ruling class with support for the working class but their goal is still to benefit the ruling class by convincing certain sectors of the working class that it is in their interest to be good little serfs as long as they are superior to other groups of serfs.

This is close to correct.  The ruling class definitely divides and conquers to stay in power.  And certainly issues on race are used to this end, but there are many others.

ml1 said:

not for nothing but if all those unvaxxed people would get vaccinated, a lot of the other regulations could be relaxed.  Personally I recognize the rights of people in a free country to protest.  But I also recognize that refusing to be vaccinated is counterproductive to a goal of relaxed COVID mitigation protocols.

I don't believe this is true.  The goal posts would just shift as has happened repeatedly.  This is often based on dubious science and misleading and incomplete information.  There was a story in the NY Times the other day about the NIH holding back data on booster efficacy.  Another noble lie from our government science complex.   The mandates go away when they become untenable.  

terp said:

I don't believe this is true.  The goal posts would just shift as has happened repeatedly.  This is often based on dubious science and misleading and incomplete information.  There was a story in the NY Times the other day about the NIH holding back data on booster efficacy.  Another noble lie from our government science complex.   The mandates go away when they become untenable.  

The majority of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated during the omicron surge.  As long as hospitals were near capacity, refusing a vaccination is working cross purpose with wanting fewer restrictions. Ans the % of hospital capacity being used isn't even science. It's just counting. 

terp said:

Jaytee said:

drummerboy said:

unfortunately, he's like the energizer bunny

he’s unreal…

I have a lot of family in Canada, and from what they’re saying, most Canadians are pissed off because Americans are meddling in their affairs. 

do you have any relatives in the Ukraine?

you reminded me of the time when the nation under discussion was called “The Ukraine”. I also remember the great respect Maplewood showed Ukrainians living here during Mayor Grasmere’s era. 

mtierney said:

you reminded me of the time when the nation under discussion was called “The Ukraine”. I also remember the great respect Maplewood showed Ukrainians living here during Mayor Grasmere’s era. 

mr Grasmere was a decent human being. Unlike your president who refused to give aid to “the Ukraine”. You are a walking contradiction.

If we're going to be nit picky, there is no "the" in front of Ukraine 

ml1 said:

If we're going to be nit picky, there is no "the" in front of Ukraine 

FWIW: I do remember in my much younger years calling it "The Ukraine" and the capital being spelled Kiev instead of Kyiv. https://qz.com/2133021/this-is-why-the-name-of-ukraines-capital-is-kyiv-not-kiev/

To be fair, I only learned to call it Kyiv and Ukraine rather than Kiev and The Ukraine during Trump's first impeachment trial, when we learned that the president of the United States was extorting Ukraine to further his personal interests.

PVW said:

To be fair, I only learned to call it Kyiv and Ukraine rather than Kiev and The Ukraine during Trump's first impeachment trial, when we learned that the president of the United States was extorting Ukraine to further his personal interests.

the "the" has been gone from Ukraine for roughly 30 years.  people of a certain age may lapse once in a while and use the article.  but it is an error.  nit picky for Americans, but probably more than an annoyance to Ukrainians.

ml1 said:

the "the" has been gone from Ukraine for roughly 30 years.  people of a certain age may lapse once in a while and use the article.  but it is an error.  nit picky for Americans, but probably more than an annoyance to Ukrainians.

Probably up there with referring to the UK as “England.”

ridski said:

I thought Brexit was about making that true?

PVW said:

And now the President of Ukraine, who Trump thought he could bully into doing what he wanted, is videoing himself standing in the streets of his capital city in defiance of the oncoming Russian troop advance.

Ukraine President Zelensky is staying on his post to lead his country, knowing that Russia has put him #1 on their kill list. Meanwhile Putin is sitting 30 feet away from his cabinet members during security cabinet meetings because he is afraid of catching Covid. Some lesson in courage and leadership.

ridski said:

You would have loved the guy here who tried to explain to me that Ireland is part of the UK. 

basil said:

Some lesson in courage and leadership.

Huddling closer with cabinet members during a pandemic is a test of courage of leadership that I was unfamiliar with, so consider the lesson a success.

PVW said:

ridski said:

I thought Brexit was about making that true?

DaveSchmidt said:

Huddling closer with cabinet members during a pandemic is a test of courage of leadership that I was unfamiliar with, so consider the lesson a success.

Another take -- there's a darkly comic juxtaposition of Putin trying to project strength and claiming he's defending Russia while sitting at the far end of a giant, mostly empty room vs Zelensky out on the streets of Kyiv literally shoulder to shoulder with people defending the country from invasion.

Flu Trux Klan is scheduled to be stinking up downtown Edmonton yet again, this afternoon, even though the provincial government has surrendered unconditionally.  

Their persistence in the light of victory suggests that this movement has always been less about Covid measures and more about the swastikas and Confederate flags.  Local convoy leaders have said that they will continue their harassment until the legally elected government of Canada is overthrown.  

It will be interesting to see how many Russian flags are flown at today's cesspool.

GoSlugs said:

Flu Trux Klan is scheduled to be stinking up downtown Edmonton yet again, this afternoon, even though the provincial government has surrendered unconditionally.  

Their persistence in the light of victory suggests that this movement has always been less about Covid measures and more about the swastikas and Confederate flags.  Local convoy leaders have said that they will continue their harassment until the legally elected government of Canada is overthrown.  

Please send some pics of those Confederate flags and swastikas in downtown Edmonton.

Please provide some proof of the following:  "convoy leaders have said that they will continue their harassment until the legally elected government of Canada is overthrown."

Why don't you go ask your supposed Canadian family members?

Seriously, I am not going to engage in a dialogue with you because I do not believe you are acting in good faith.  Sorry dude.

LOL

GoSlugs said:

Seriously, I am not going to engage in a dialogue with you because I do not believe you are acting in good faith.  Sorry dude.

LOL

Translation of GoSlugs post:  I, GoSlugs, am talking out of my butt.  

When proof of assertions is requested from GoSlugs then GoSlugs questions my good faith.  You, GoSlugs, are hilarious.

PS Real racism and racial insensitivity can be found at the following URL:  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blackface-scandal-returns-to-haunt-justin-trudeau-on-eve-of-poll-r3pbgvq8g  Let me know if you recognize the imbecile pictured at the above link.

RealityForAll said:

I....am talking out of my butt.  

If you do enough parsing, there are kernels of truth.

GoSlugs said:

RealityForAll said:

I....am talking out of my butt.  

If you do enough parsing, there are kernels of truth.

If your most recent posting is the best you can do, then we can all conclude that you have no proof of any of your assertions. 

IOW, you, GoSlugs, are again talking out of your butt.

PS: Please explain to all of us your take on Trudeau's multiple blackface moments.  See:  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blackface-scandal-returns-to-haunt-justin-trudeau-on-eve-of-poll-r3pbgvq8g

PPS:  Any comments on Trudeau's recent assertion while speaking in the parliament that Jewish, LGBT MP, Melissa Lantsman, stands with the swastika.

RealityForAll said:

If your most recent posting is the best you can do, then we can all conclude that you have no proof of any of your assertions.

Speak for yourself. I can draw my own conclusions.

ridski said:

ml1 said:

Or perhaps calling the Russian Federation the Soviet Union.

But it will always be "The Bronx".  grin

GoSlugs said:

LOL

Did you post this item earlier here? It is from 2/11 but that picture is pretty clear in showing some Americana present in the protest.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/edmonton-police-reviewing-video-of-officer-urging-colleagues-to-disobey-unlawful-orders-regarding-trucking-protests

I can't speak to protests in Edmonton but swastikas and confederate flags have certainly been part of the convoy movement at every stage.  Here is the notorious picture of Michael Cooper, the conservative Member of Parliament from Edmonton/St Albert speaking in front of a Canadian flag that has been defaced with a swastika.

ETA:  Seems like photo uplink is down so here is a link to the article: CBC: Edmonton-area MP under fire for photo of him near flag bearing Nazi symbol  

Swastika? Legitimate Political Discourse, eh?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!