Colonoscopy Doctor

The "nap" is the best part!

unicorn33 said:

Agreed! Dr. Askin said it used to be standard that people were NOT knocked out. Now it's standard that they are...

marylago said:

unicorn33 said:

Agreed! Dr. Askin said it used to be standard that people were NOT knocked out. Now it's standard that they are...

Many years ago Mogan used to do it in his office and I wasn't knocked out. He stopped doing it in his office after the anesthesiologist in his office retired. 

Just Had endoscopy by Dr Sloan & had colonoscopy a few years ago 

he's highly recommended by my PCP Dr. John Qualter DO (Empire Medical)

Dr Sloan  always returns calls, and is easy to get an appointment with. 

Drs Schrader Rosenthal Askins Schuman Sloan and a few others  are  Affiliates in Gastroenterology in West Orange  Morristown  Florham Park and perform their procedures  at  Florham Park Endoscopy Center

Steve The dog Walker  201 452 8375

OMG ID TAKE THE NAP DAILY.   Best thing ever.

boomie said:

OMG ID TAKE THE NAP DAILY.   Best thing ever.

That first cup of coffee in the recovery room is the best cup of coffee ever. 

And the Lorna Doones. 

Is that drug available on the illicit market?

I can't imagine anything that isn't available somewhere.    But its what killed Michael Jackson so I wouldn't try for a recreational supply.

I would not want to do this without being knocked out. I once woke up during the procedure. Without giving TMI, it was, let's say, not very pleasant.

shoshannah said:

I would not want to do this without being knocked out. I once woke up during the procedure. Without giving TMI, it was, let's say, not very pleasant.

I woke up too, the first time I had it done. It wasn't the end of the world, so to speak. Not particularly comfortable though.

Just had colonoscopy #2 (pun intended) with Dr. Kerner from Springfield.  Sweetheart of a guy, uses the same "chill" outpatient office on 22W in Mountainside (great place and staff).  Easy process, have recommended to many friends and they have the same praise as well.  http://www.digestivediseasesnj.com/

ctrzaska said:

truth said:

Dr. John Franzese in Chatham is still the best.

This.  And to answer your question, Wendy, yes I do. 

Saw him today for the consult/exam before the scheduled procedure in December. Wonderful, smart and attentive. Dealt with my concerns with intelligence and caring (am hesitant to use the superprep as opposed the ducalax, miralax combo but he explained why he does not use them and I concur as long as it's palatable enough). 

So thanks ctrzaska, max and truth and anyone else who weighed in on him and your other recommendations.

I was a victim of Mr. Mogan back in the day.  Worst medical experience of my life. I was screaming in pain.

My second colonoscopy, sans Mogan, went much better.

cramer said:

marylago said:

unicorn33 said:

Many years ago Mogan used to do it in his office and I wasn't knocked out. He stopped doing it in his office after the anesthesiologist in his office retired. 

wendy said:

ctrzaska said:

truth said:

Dr. John Franzese in Chatham is still the best.

This.  And to answer your question, Wendy, yes I do. 

Saw him today for the consult/exam before the scheduled procedure in December. Wonderful, smart and attentive. Dealt with my concerns with intelligence and caring (am hesitant to use the superprep as opposed the ducalax, miralax combo but he explained why he does not use them and I concur as long as it's palatable enough). 

So thanks ctrzaska, max and truth and anyone else who weighed in on him and your other recommendations.

Since Glen Mogan is retired  (regardless of how one feels about him he does still retain the Dr. title and there were pros and cons about him in any event - I happened to like him just fine) I thought it best to keep a more relevant post as the most recent. 

But I can definitely recommend Dr. Franzese and he was definitely more thorough than many doctors I've had in the past including Dr. Mogan.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.