Boticelli

but then, would his work exist without us??? H'm Hard to say.

I have to stop speculating - it's confusing! oh oh cool cheese

joanne
said:

Hint: we weren't televising events centuries ago. Centuries, even millenia ago, we were using some of his work. We just don't know that we do.

Hang on. If we were using some of his work centuries, even millennia, ago - and he is still with us - then he must be a Time Traveller.

Is he a Doctor Who? Or a relation of Methuselah?

smile

Nup. Just good at working out puzzly things....

Oops.... confused

Something to do with sound amplification?

I'm going to try a new direction. I woke up at 4 AM and started thinking about this!

Does Mr. L get paid for this?

Yes oh oh He gets paid.

No, not specifically amplification.

Something to do with sound then?

not specifically. You're certainly in the general arena, but I think you're still being too modern about about your approach.

Is he known for this outside of Belgium? (I'm assuming he is not leaving Belgian chocolates under the artist's pillows)

he's a world leader for this, and in this specialty he's known in NJ. It is a bit of a niche, though, I only learnt about the specialty in the last couple of weeks although I've been doing this thing my whole life. For that matter, so have you. You just probably don't know that you do. That's why you need to know about Mr L.

Edited for spelling

Do other species do it as well?

I believe the theory is yes, but I'm not well read enough. Mr L certainly does!!! grin

Does he provide something which I respond to visually?

yep, and aurally (since we keep coming back to sound but dancing around what it is).

Does he promote these events?

Something in the percussive field?

not a promoter, and no he's not a musician or anything like that. Or, not that I know. That's not what he's primarily known for.

Would it help if I said I've tried to scatter clues throughout the discussion? Or if I suggested thinking about thinking?

Clues, but which way to go...... Is he using subliminal advertising to manipulate my thinking?

how wonderful is that!?!

No, not this Mr L from Belgium that's also known in your neck of the woods as well as here. Clever advertisers would make use of his work, but it wouldn't necessarily help them beyond the recognition/recall factor.

Was your phrase "dancing around it" a veiled clue, i.e. does dancing factor into his work?

it can, yes! oh oh

There were others, too. But that's a good start. Movement is always a good start to thinking about this Mr L from Belgium.

Are we talking about some form of exercise routine?

Eh. That's not his work or vocation...or, I suspect, his passion. You're not thinking early enough about the thinking.... and the Yarts 'n stuff cheese

It's kind of basic and yet not. Remember, we've always done what we do, just didn't know it til Mr L came along...

Did he invent a better .. or perfect the ... ear-trumpet?

(That covers something aural, and the arts. smile )

he didn't 'invent' anything. And there's nothing necessarily tangible in his contribution (I think I said that), but it's been around as long as we have . So the ear trumpet wouldn't qualify.

Go back to thinking......

Did Mr. L make a name for himslef in the field of psychology?

I have to go bed.....

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.