Booster shots available at Sears

The appointments for a moderna booster were filled up for today when I tried to book it.  I wouldn't chance it.  I would walk in on a day that had a lot of unfilled appointments,

Tomorrow and Friday look better:

https://www.essexcovid.org/vaccine/vaccine_availability

If you have time to come on here and ask whether you need an appointment, you have time to book an appointment

rhw said:

Can you walk-in today?

Yes

We walked in today and had no issues.

I called on my wife’s behalf today and they said no walk-ins. Then checked appointments, which are available tomorrow, but they don’t mention a time. Made one anyway. The confirmation email says that they’ll send a time within 5 days. WTF?

Appointments save them data entry. That’s it.

They should stick to walk-ins.

My spouse walked in today, and got his booster. No wait.

Just walk in.  They had a separate registration area for walk-ins.

yahooyahoo said:

Just walk in.  They had a separate registration area for walk-ins.

Agreed. They’re sending mixed messages though. Website says no walk-ins and if you call they say the same.

The parking lot is full as of 9:30 a.m. but the indoor arena is just fine. No line more than a couple of people, maybe. We had an appointment but I'm sure walking in would not be a problem.

jimmurphy said:

Agreed. They’re sending mixed messages though. Website says no walk-ins and if you call they say the same.

It says here for booster shots and 3rd doses, appointments not needed.

https://essexcountynj.org/covid-19-vaccine-locations/

ridski said:

It says here for booster shots and 3rd doses, appointments not needed.

https://essexcountynj.org/covid-19-vaccine-locations/

Indeed it does. They should tell that to the people who answer the phone.

I was down there today with mom - really easy - not too crowded at around 11am - we had appointments.  Looks like they'd have no problem accommodating walk-ins.

I went ahead and made an appointment for Saturday, just to make sure. It wasn't hard and they already have all of my information from last spring so I figured I had nothing to lose and I was slightly concerned about potential surge in interest with eligibility opening up, etc.

It's one of the few days in the near future when I have 48 hours with little or no impediment to dealing with side effects, should they arise.  (I was completely wiped out after my second shot, although only for about 20 hours.)

Sac, we had no side effects with the booster, unlike what I wrote off as a rest and recovery day after #2.  snake

krnl said:

Sac, we had no side effects with the booster, unlike what I wrote off as a rest and recovery day after #2. 
snake

I can now report that I only had a moderately sore arm so far and now more than 24 hours out, so I think I got off easy this time.  But I felt that I should take that precaution, just in case.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!