Hit the road Tulsi, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more

paulsurovell said:

(a) She decided she can't run for Congress and President at the same time.

(b) She made a perfectly reasonable comment -- in line with Democratic Party values -- that the impeachment inquiry that she supports should not be held in secret.

You do understand that these depositions are being held in a secure room to prevent the disclosure of classified information.  Once the transcripts have been reviewed and such classified information redacted, they will be publicly released.  Moreover, there will be public hearings/testimony in the near future.

In all seriousness, it's people like you who will lead to Trump being reelected.  You feign concern for his "crimes against humanity" but your actions do nothing but support him and increase the likelihood of his reelection.  Rather than attacking those running to replace him as being "rot" maybe you should direct your ire towards the festering pile of excrement that is Trump and his GOP enablers.  Rather than attacking the Democrats for being bad, maybe point out that Trump, et al., are so much worse.  I just don't understand what is wrong with people like you and Nan.  Come November 2020, there will be two candidates for POTUS on the ballot who have a chance of winning.  Barring an extraordinary event, one of them will be Trump; the other will be a better option.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat who takes his ball and goes home when things don't go precisely the way you want them to go.

It will be the smugness of the Elites that will get Trump re-elected

lord_pabulum said:

It will be the smugness of the Elites that will get Trump re-elected

non sequitur of the month.

also, geez, can you even get more Rush Limbaugh-ey? What does this even mean?

Did you read the posts above or do I need to put a few carats on my post to help you

STANV said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Except, the inquiry is NOT being held in secret. Facts matter, Paulie !

The legal objection is "Assumes facts not in evidence".

Except THESE facts are clearly in evidence, by the very, documented, fact that all Republican members of the 3 committees are welcome to participate..

drummerboy said:

I read everything

Ok. Look up non sequitur

nohero said:

cramer said:

I changed the channel. 

oh oh

You turned on Hannity?

Steve said:

paulsurovell said:

(a) She decided she can't run for Congress and President at the same time.

(b) She made a perfectly reasonable comment -- in line with Democratic Party values -- that the impeachment inquiry that she supports should not be held in secret.

You do understand that these depositions are being held in a secure room to prevent the disclosure of classified information.  Once the transcripts have been reviewed and such classified information redacted, they will be publicly released.  Moreover, there will be public hearings/testimony in the near future.

In all seriousness, it's people like you who will lead to Trump being reelected.  You feign concern for his "crimes against humanity" but your actions do nothing but support him and increase the likelihood of his reelection.  Rather than attacking those running to replace him as being "rot" maybe you should direct your ire towards the festering pile of excrement that is Trump and his GOP enablers.  Rather than attacking the Democrats for being bad, maybe point out that Trump, et al., are so much worse.  I just don't understand what is wrong with people like you and Nan.  Come November 2020, there will be two candidates for POTUS on the ballot who have a chance of winning.  Barring an extraordinary event, one of them will be Trump; the other will be a better option.  Stop acting like a spoiled brat who takes his ball and goes home when things don't go precisely the way you want them to go.

I don't conform to stupid policies that are dishonest and counterproductive. I prefer to speak out when I see that happening. Always have, always will. Sorry, but I think the INF Treaty, First-Strike Policy, the Paris Accord, genocidal sanctions against Venezuela and the obscene military budget are more important than whether enough hearsay can be gathered to prove that Trump extorted the Ukraine President, so the House can do something that the Senate will throw out.

These are Tulsi's priorities which is why I support her.

But go ahead, if it makes you feel safer, join the other lemmings who are following the corporate Democratic leadership to the sea.

I've figured it out.  Paul's a paid Trump slappy.

paulsurovell said:

I don't conform to stupid policies that are dishonest and counterproductive. I prefer to speak out when I see that happening. Always have, always will. Sorry, but I think the INF Treaty, First-Strike Policy, the Paris Accord, genocidal sanctions against Venezuela and the obscene military budget are more important than whether enough hearsay can be gathered to prove that Trump extorted the Ukraine President, so the House can do something that the Senate will throw out.

But go ahead, if it makes you feel safer, join the other lemmings who are following the corporate Democratic leadership to the sea.

Sorry, but your actions betray your words.  Your actions (and those like you) will result in Trump being reelected.  Believe it or not, one can actually support a candidate (in your case, Tulsi) while not attacking the other Democtars, all of whom are closer to your professed beliefs than Trump.  Instead, you seem to feel that your efforts are better spent attacking the other Democratic candidates and other Democrats rather than attacking Trump.  

At base, your acting like a selfish brat who would let perfection be the enemy of the good (or even the less bad).  Just stop.

Not sure why Fox would want Tulsi the .005%er unless they are looking for a ratings boost from Moscow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/tulsi-gabbard-2020-hawaii/index.html

sbenois said:

Not sure why Fox would want Tulsi the .005%er unless they are looking for a ratings boost from Moscow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/tulsi-gabbard-2020-hawaii/index.html

They need a brunette to balance out the blondes.  

^^^ how  the Democrats will defeat  Trump. Very sad.

If you haven't noticed, Trump & his cadre are doing the heavy lifting in handing over both houses and the presidency to a Democrat.  Not to mention state legislatures, including the lone star state's.

Well.  We will see.  By demozing a swarth of folks as a way to win an election sounds like  a Demented HRC plan

lord_pabulum said:

Well.  We will see.  By demozing a swarth of folks as a way to win an election sounds like  a Demented HRC plan

Again, who is demonizing what swath of folks?

I know what non-sequitur means and it still stands.

Joking right? It is about time you leave your mum's basement and talk with real people 

lord_pabulum said:

Joking right? It is about time you leave your mum's basement and talk with real people 

whatever.

you definitely chose the right screen name though.

Steve said:

paulsurovell said:

Sorry, but your actions betray your words.  Your actions (and those like you) will result in Trump being reelected.  Believe it or not, one can actually support a candidate (in your case, Tulsi) while not attacking the other Democtars, all of whom are closer to your professed beliefs than Trump.  Instead, you seem to feel that your efforts are better spent attacking the other Democratic candidates and other Democrats rather than attacking Trump.  

At base, your acting like a selfish brat who would let perfection be the enemy of the good (or even the less bad).  Just stop.

I'm supporting Tulsi who has the most anti-Trump platform of any candidate. I think I've been less critical of other candidates than most of the "Politics" people on MOL.

But since you are concerned about attacks on Democratic candidates, where have you been during the onslaught of smears and lies about Tulsi Gabbard?  And where were you when Big Mouth said he would stay home if Bernie got the nomination?

You are way too hung up on this impeachment inquiry which isn't going to get any Democrat elected, and when it all plays out will probably end up helping Trump. It's sure as hell uniting the Republicans:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467502-romney-collins-murkowski-only-senate-gop-holdouts-on-grahams-anti-impeachment

O R D E R !   question

Drummerboy and lord P, why not take your scuffle to PMs, so the rest of us can carry on?

dave said:

O R D E R !  
question

Drummerboy and lord P, why not take your scuffle to PMs, so the rest of us can carry on?

I'm done

dave said:

O R D E R !  
question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY7EIZl4raY

paulsurovell said:

You are way too hung up on this impeachment inquiry which isn't going to get any Democrat elected, and when it all plays out will probably end up helping Trump. It's sure as hell uniting the Republicans:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/467502-romney-collins-murkowski-only-senate-gop-holdouts-on-grahams-anti-impeachment

Senators are deciding whether to vote "Yes" on a meaningless resolution, or incur the Wrath of ConDon via the Twitter.  Among the holdouts, either getting trashed by Trump is a good thing (Collins) or their electorate doesn't care what he says about them.

And with respect to Tulsi's argument that impeachment is too divisive or will "unite the Republicans", Alexander Hamilton says yeah, they knew about that when they put it in there:

"A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself. The prosecution of them, for this reason, will seldom fail to agitate the passions of the whole community, and to divide it into parties more or less friendly or inimical to the accused. In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt." 

Federalist No. 65

paulsurovell said:

I'm supporting Tulsi who has the most anti-Trump platform of any candidate. I think I've been less critical of other candidates than most of the "Politics" people on MOL.

But since you are concerned about attacks on Democratic candidates, where have you been during the onslaught of smears and lies about Tulsi Gabbard?  And where were you when Big Mouth said he would stay home if Bernie got the nomination?

You have no idea what, if anything, I'm "hung up on."  As for the I'll stay home if Bernie is the nominee attitude, I may have commented that such an attitude is stupid (it's a long time ago now and I wouldn't have repeated myself).  It's no better than the actions of others who say my candidate or Jill Stein (for example).  I actually believe that sbenois was speaking hyperbolically when he said that and would actually come around at election time.

Again, if you want to argue Tulsi is better than X, do so by arguing for her and not against the other Dems.  They are all better than Trump and that is the baseline.  Point out why Trump and the GOP are so bad (not exactly a challenge) and explain why you believe Tulsi is best equipped to fix things.  Arguing that the other Dems are corrupt is not helpful.  Even if you believe that they are corrupt, compared to the other choice, they are, relatively speaking, pure as the driven snow.  That's what we are up against.  United we win, divided we fall.

paulsurovell said:

I think I've been less critical of other candidates than most of the "Politics" people on MOL.

That's because you sub-contract out to Ms. Nan, tossing her an occasional "Atta girl!" 

paulsurovell said:

My neighbor and I are having a bit of a tiff because his landscaper regularly blows leaves over onto my lawn.  I'm not going to work it out with him because the Kurds are being massacred.  Why bother if world peace is not the goal?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.