All Things Halloween

mrincredible said:
I feel like we could papier mache her a skirt.

She'll never go for it. Too much time on Pilates.

Four and twenty nightmares baked into a pie.

Best thing about October is looking for spooky movie festivals. Here's a list and I may find a few to add. Feel free to suggest or point out your favorites.

I just noticed that Bell Book and Candle is not on the list. A personal favorite.

Morganna said:
Best thing about October is looking for spooky movie festivals. Here's a list and I may find a few to add. Feel free to suggest or point out your favorites.
I just noticed that Bell Book and Candle is not on the list. A personal favorite.

Yikes, I’ve only seen 18 of those.

Get busy ridski. only 27 days to Halloween! Bell Book and Candle is very cool and very vintage. Kim Novak, Jimmy Stewart and Jack Lemmon. Cool scenes in New York and a club called The Zodiac Club.  Very light and charming.

Well, to be fair, there are some on that list I've never even heard of, like Don't Look Under The Bed and Twitches. My list would look very different.

Here's my 50.

Actually it's 62. That's even more frightening. No, I really haven't seen any modern horror movies.

Halloween
The Shining
Scream
The Cabin in the Woods
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Exorcist
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Thing
Psycho
The Descent
Hellraiser
A Quiet Place
Let The Right One In
28 Days Later
The Ring
Poltergeist
The Omen
Saw
The Fly
Alien
An American Werewolf in London
Suspiria
Under The Skin
Near Dark
REC
The Gate
Bad Taste
Zoltan: Hound of Dracula
Them!
Night of the Lepus
The Beast Must Die!
Evil Dead II
Re-Animator
The Addams Family
The Hunger
Tremors
From Dusk Till Dawn
Bubba Ho-Tep
House
Phantasm
Fright Night
Teen Wolf
The Stepfather
Arachnophobia
The Blob
Ghoulies
The Stuff
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Christine
Student Bodies
The Pit & The Pendulum
The Masque of the Red Death
From Beyond
They Live
Pitch Black
Day of the Dead
Zombieland
Event Horizon
Rabid
Martin
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Prince of Darkness

Impressive!

How about

When a Stranger Calls 1979

House on Haunted Hill 1959

Diabolique 1955

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 1962

Morganna said:
Impressive!
How about
When a Stranger Calls 1979
House on Haunted Hill 1959
Diabolique 1955
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 1962

I may have seen the last one, but I don't think I've seen the rest. I know, I should have.

My list was of films I've seen and recommend either for being brilliant or being brilliantly cheesy.

Actually the belief was that When A Stranger Calls was a true story.  Very scary. Its the one with the baby sitter alone in the house.

Morganna said:
Actually the belief was that When A Stranger Calls was a true story.  Very scary. Its the one with the baby sitter alone in the house.

Now I look at it, I have seen this, but a million years ago when I was far too young to be watching these things!

I was a horror film addict as a small child. Sitting at my grandparents house watching old movies on TV. Dracula was my favorite.

Not scary but equally romantic was Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast. Probably the reason I have always had at least one Persian cat.

My favorite is Red Riding Hood and the Wolf.

Formerlyjerseyjack said:
On our patio table.

From Sukkot?

Formerlyjerseyjack said:
On our patio table.

Looks yummy, my friend wants your address.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.