Day 75 - No more Trump. Halleluja.

Red_Barchetta said:

How could they possibly need that many boxes?  Did the trumps bring their own linens, silverware, box of light bulbs, snow shovel?  

I hope he's taking the god-awful golden drapes from the Oval Office.

btw, Trump is running out of time to introduce his health care plan.

drummerboy said:

I will never forget Mike Bloomberg speech on the 2016 DNC where he said: "Trump says he will run the country like he ran his businesses. God help us". We now know what that means.

Now "rounding the curve" just means pulling out of the driveway.

This is not unexpected, but somewhat disturbing. 
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/17/historians-having-to-tape-together-records-that-trump-tore-up

(I’m hoping some of the artworks etc are being returned to various galleries & museums that would have lent them. I vaguely remember a series of relatively early decorating articles talking about ‘refreshing’ the artworks on display. I would have expected valuable pieces to treated with more respect, though)

ETA: oh - what happens to the golden loo????

here's the caption on the pic in that article:

There is growing concern that Trump’s records will not be complete.

gee, ya think?

Once he moves they should get search warrants and check every damn box he took out of the WH.

He was tearing up notes & correspondence from the first weeks; people were told to avoid using proper electronic audit trails. It’s a hopeless effort...  angry

Yeah, but you know, Hillary's EMAILZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

joanne said:

This is not unexpected, but somewhat disturbing. 
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/17/historians-having-to-tape-together-records-that-trump-tore-up

(I’m hoping some of the artworks etc are being returned to various galleries & museums that would have lent them. I vaguely remember a series of relatively early decorating articles talking about ‘refreshing’ the artworks on display. I would have expected valuable pieces to treated with more respect, though)

ETA: oh - what happens to the golden loo????

I just shared this on my FB page with a comment that I don't even tear off the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty Of Law"  tag on my mattress.

I don't mind if he takes his portrait with him. 

it tells us all we need to know about the last four years that not a single person doubts that Trump would steal anything he could get his hands on.

ml1 said:

it tells us all we need to know about the last four years that not a single person doubts that Trump would steal anything he could get his hands on.

Many of us knew what he was 5 years ago. Lot's of people seem to be catching up. I use "seem" purposely. 

You wanna hear a joke? 

The Trump Library. 

basil said:

drummerboy said:

I will never forget Mike Bloomberg speech on the 2016 DNC where he said: "Trump says he will run the country like he ran his businesses. God help us". We now know what that means.

Bloomberg also said "I know a con man when I see one, and Trump is con man."

cramer said:

You wanna hear a joke? 

The Trump Library. 

Taxpayer funded Trump Library.  

cramer said:

You wanna hear a joke? 

The Trump Library. 

It's a great library, very tough, very strong. Really fantastic, people are saying no president has ever had such a great library. Lots of books, great books like no one has ever seen.  

Red_Barchetta said:

cramer said:

You wanna hear a joke? 

The Trump Library. 

Taxpayer funded Trump Library.  

He’ll try to charge for the use of the name “Trump”. 

Trump is reportedly hoping to raise $2B for his library.

That's a lot for a port-a-potty.

drummerboy said:

Trump is reportedly hoping to raise $2B for his library.

That's a lot for a port-a-potty.

A golden port-a-potty

His library will contain the blank paper binder that Kayleigh McEnany handed to Leslie Stahl. 

cramer said:

His library will contain the blank paper binder that Kayleigh McEnany handed to Leslie Stahl. 

he has the best pages. 

46 hours 47 minutes to go.

meanwhile, with thousands of National Guard troops guarding Washington, these same troops are being trained on how to vet their fellow troops so as to prevent an "attack from the inside".

Make America Great Again

"it's all real"  ( galaxy quest!)

drummerboy said:

meanwhile, with thousands of National Guard troops guarding Washington, these same troops are being trained on how to vet their fellow troops so as to prevent an "attack from the inside".

Make America Great Again

a lot of the blame should be laid right at the feet of wing nut media. Starting in the '80s with talk radio, through Fox News, Breitbart, OANN, Newsmax, et al, all the way through to QAnon, we have tens of millions of brainwashed people in this country.  They truly believe that Democrats and liberals and "elites" are enemies of the people.  Imagine if you believed that -- it would justify armed combat wouldn't it?  It would justify violent revolution, wouldn't it?  

This ain't turning around any time soon, Trump or no Trump.

I can't believe there isn't some clever lawyer out there who can't figure out a way to sue FoxNews out of existence.

ml1 said:

a lot of the blame should be laid right at the feet of wing nut media. Starting in the '80s with talk radio, through Fox News, Breitbart, OANN, Newsmax, et al, all the way through to QAnon, we have tens of millions of brainwashed people in this country.  They truly believe that Democrats and liberals and "elites" are enemies of the people.  Imagine if you believed that -- it would justify armed combat wouldn't it?  It would justify violent revolution, wouldn't it?  

This ain't turning around any time soon, Trump or no Trump.

Those in the 60s who resorted to violence in reaction to the War in Vietnam were a minority and were made short shrift of by the Government. 

There are millions of Trumpists who believe the Dems, Libs and "elites" are evil and their enemies but would not resort to armed combat. There is a long story in today's NY Times about a QAnon true believer who believes in confining her fighting to the internet. There were people at the Trump rally on the 6th who did not go to the Capitol because they wished to avoid violence.

ETA: I have believe for the last four years that Trump is the "enemy of the people" but have not taken up arms!

drummerboy said:

I can't believe there isn't some clever lawyer out there who can't figure out a way to sue FoxNews out of existence.

Dominion is trying.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dominion-trump-fox-news-newsmax-oan-sidney-powell-defamation-lawsuits-2021-1

drummerboy said:

Nick Denton’s net worth when Gawker lost the Peter Thiel-funded Hulk Hogan suit: around $117 million.

Rupert Murdoch’s net worth: about $20 billion. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!