Day 75 - No more Trump. Halleluja.

basil said:

cramer said:

Eamon Javers on CNBC - "I have spoken to people in the White House who are concerned about Trump's appreciation of the real world."

They are 4 years late with that, aren't they

STANV said:

Who asked?

Lots of journalists have raised the question. 

cramer said:

snake
snake
snake

Maybe they took away his phone. This is correctly punctuated and not in all caps. Or they wrestled him down and medicated him.

I wish I could say my third sentence is 100% a joke. But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that's exactly what happened. So let's say its 90% a joke.

ml1 said:

cramer said:

snake
snake
snake

what a baby.

I think it might be the most grown-up thing he's done.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

cramer said:

snake
snake
snake

what a baby.

I think it might be the most grown-up thing he's done.

Which leads to mrincredible's 90% joke...

Trump's tweet about not attending the inauguration is cited as one of the reasons they've suspended his account (notice the embedded tweet is gone).

They said:

1. It further reinforced the lie that the election was tainted or illegitimate. 
  2. It was perhaps a dog whistle that a physical attack on the inauguration had his tacit approval since he wouldn't be present.

STANV said:

Who asked?

The Proud Boys asked, because they are planning violence on inauguration day and they want to make sure they don't accidentally kill Dear Leader.

These were his last two tweets. As I posted on another thread, in this case I'm for erring on the side of caution.

Twitter on Saturday morning : “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

And then: “To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Morganna said:

These were his last two tweets. As I posted on another thread, in this case I'm for erring on the side of caution.

Twitter on Saturday morning : “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

And then: “To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

I thought those might be trouble so I took a "screen shot" when I saw them. 

meanwhile, as Trump is impeached again, the Capitol is full of troops.

nothing to see here...

drummerboy said:

meanwhile, as Trump is impeached again, the Capitol is full of troops.

nothing to see here...

I just want to point out that the rest of the world thinks we are a banana republic now. Thanks to Trump's lies and the GOP's enablement of those lies.

basil said:

I just want to point out that the rest of the world thinks we are a banana republic now. Thanks to Trump's lies and the GOP's enablement of those lies.

I'm curios about the numbers. I think they'll give us hope.

Usually after any event, protest, rally, we get an estimate of the size of the crowd. I'd be curious to know what percentage of  those that went to the rally actually went home after leaving a group of militants to storm the Capitol. When a few people that I knew through FB or rescue, were supporting Trump after the election, one talking about going to the rally, I lumped them into a hopeless group who would lose interest just as people became bored of Sarah Palin. Then after the riot I tried to differentiate between these people and the warrior types that had zip ties and battering rams. Just trying to dissapate fear. 

Its mind blowing to hear that 74,000,000 people voted for Trump. I'm trying not to conflate that number with the violent groups that want to start their civil war. 

Morganna said:

basil said:

Usually after any event, protest, rally, we get an estimate of the size of the crowd. I'd be curious to know what percentage of  those that went to the rally actually went home after leaving a group of militants to storm the Capitol. When a few people that I knew through FB or rescue, were supporting Trump after the election, one talking about going to the rally, I lumped them into a hopeless group who would lose interest just as people became bored of Sarah Palin. Then after the riot I tried to differentiate between these people and the warrior types that had zip ties and battering rams. Just trying to dissapate fear. 

Its mind blowing to hear that 74,000,000 people voted for Trump. I'm trying not to conflate that number with the violent groups that want to start their civil war. 

74 million is indeed a mind-blowing number, but remember, that group consists of different cohorts:

1. non-violent folks that mean well but have been lied to for decades (let's say your average Fox News viewer)
  2. violent folks that are up to no good and have been lied to for decades (let's say your average Boogaloo or Proud Boy)
  3. people that do the lying to groups 1 & 2 for their own personal gain (let's say the average GOP Elected official, or News Corp manager)

I bet you group #1 is by far the biggest. Those are the folks you need to reach. Groups #2 & #3 are beyond repair.

basil said:

74 million is indeed a mind-blowing number, but remember, that group consists of different cohorts:

1. non-violent folks that mean well but have been lied to for decades (let's say your average Fox News viewer)
  2. violent folks that are up to no good and have been lied to for decades (let's say your average Boogaloo or Proud Boy)
  3. people that do the lying to groups 1 & 2 for their own personal gain (let's say the average GOP Elected official, or News Corp manager)

I bet you group #1 is by far the biggest. Those are the folks you need to reach. Groups #2 & #3 are beyond repair.

I hung in there with a few friends and a favorite cousin for quite a while but now I have little left to offer and less desire. Yesterday, after hours of the likes of Matt Gaetz shouting on the House floor and endless images on the news of the perpatrators I could not muster a positive thought. The events of the past few days have left me numb and sleepless. 

If group #1 can be reached someone is going to have to draw me a map. I'm lost.

Morganna said:

I hung in there with a few friends and a favorite cousin for quite a while but now I have little left to offer and less desire. Yesterday, after hours of the likes of Matt Gaetz shouting on the House floor and endless images on the news of the perpatrators I could not muster a positive thought. The events of the past few days have left me numb and sleepless. 

If group #1 can be reached someone is going to have to draw me a map. I'm lost.

I’m in a similar type of situation. My sister, a niece and a nephew still supporting Trump is just too much for me. They’re practicing catholic, and it actually has gotten me thinking just how segregationist the Catholic Church is. Just how racist people are in the church. And it just makes me sick in my stomach. I’m just tired of trying to get through to them. And I’ve come to the conclusion that I will just keep them at arms length, since we haven’t spoken to each other in over a month now. This whole Trump era has really exposed the true nature of people. And I just don’t have it in me to pretend to be nice just to keep the peace. 

is anyone keeping an eye on whether he's stealing stuff? I can't imagine he had a bust of Lincoln in his personal collection.

I was anxiously awaiting the sight of the vans and boxes. Reassuring to see that he is ready to leave, unless that's just Melania's paraphernalia. I read somewhere that he is planning on leaving the morning of the 20th. Just to be a creep, I'm sure.

Morganna said:

I was anxiously awaiting the sight of the vans and boxes. Reassuring to see that he is ready to leave, unless that's just Melania's paraphernalia. I read somewhere that he is planning on leaving the morning of the 20th. Just to be a creep, I'm sure.

You know, I have been wondering how long he will be out of office before he divorces Melania.  Four years in DC have put her well past her expiration date in terms of Trump wives.

Klinker said:

Morganna said:

You know, I have been wondering how long he will be out of office before he divorces Melania.  Four years in DC have put her well past her expiration date in terms of Trump wives.

He is not exactly a spring chicken anymore himself

basil said:

All the more reason to trade her in for a newer "model".

Klinker said:

basil said:

I am suggesting the latest "model" may be out of his reach

basil said:

There are plenty of Trumpkins in their twenties who's bodies are in keeping with their leader's tastes. 

In any case, the women who sleep with Trump are probably not too concerned with physical or emotional enticements which seem to be primarily of the Baron Harkonnen variety.

Klinker said:

basil said:

There are plenty of Trumpkins in their twenties who's bodies are in keeping with their leader's tastes. 

In any case, the women who sleep with Trump are probably not too concerned with physical or emotional enticements which seem to be primarily of the Baron Harkonnen variety.

I think they will stay together. They deserve each other. They are both miserable people.

Klinker said:

It’s funny you mention Baron Harkonnen, I’ve been thinking a lot lately whether Duke Biden needs to vet the Whitehouse staff for possible assassins with Hunter Seekers.

drummerboy said:

is anyone keeping an eye on whether he's stealing stuff? I can't imagine he had a bust of Lincoln in his personal collection.

remember when the wing nuts falsely accused the Clintons of stealing all kinds of stuff when they left the White House?  This time we have a president where it's not beyond anyone's belief that he'd steal anything that wasn't bolted down.

although it's more likely that he'll swindle people by selling them phony stuff that's touted as having been in the Trump White House.  

basil said:

Morganna said:

basil said:

Pretty accurate grouping. What’s the common thread running through all three groups? Is it the general xenophobia, or the sexism, racism- or a combination of all three things? 

drummerboy said:

and it's about time

How could they possibly need that many boxes?  Did the trumps bring their own linens, silverware, box of light bulbs, snow shovel?  

Klinker said:

basil said:

He doesn't divorce his wives, they divorce him.  If he wants someone younger, he just cheats.  You know, like everything else in his life. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.