Day 75 - No more Trump. Halleluja.

Jaytee said:

ridski said:

I drove past someone with a Trump car window flag at the corner of Valley and Millburn Avenue this afternoon.

There’s a huge Trump flag on Elmwood ave close to boyden opposite Winchester gardens 

Guess who?

drummerboy said:

Saw my first Trump signs today. 3 actually, at Livingston Circle.

There’s a Trump sign on the lawn of a house on Highland Place. 

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Jaytee said:

ridski said:

I drove past someone with a Trump car window flag at the corner of Valley and Millburn Avenue this afternoon.

There’s a huge Trump flag on Elmwood ave close to boyden opposite Winchester gardens 

Guess who?

Ok, I have no idea, who?

basil said:

Dennis_Seelbach said:

Jaytee said:

ridski said:

Guess who?

Ok, I have no idea, who?

The flag is at the bed & breakfast owned by someone who posts less nowadays on the MOL politics page.  Sometimes, he would invite folks here to meet him at fist city, knuckle junction, to work out any disagreements. 

basil said:

Ok, I have no idea, who?

I’m guessing ajc

nohero said:

The flag is at the bed & breakfast owned by someone who posts less nowadays on the MOL politics page.  Sometimes, he would invite folks here to meet him at fist city, knuckle junction, to work out any disagreements. 

Sometimes he would invite people for pancakes 

Guess who?

Poor fella. He still be wishin' wishin' upon a reality show star.

ridski said:

nohero said:

Sometimes he would invite people for pancakes 

I always said if ajc wrote his memoir it should be called "Pancakes in Fist City"

ml1 said:

I always said if ajc wrote his memoir it should be called "Pancakes in Fist City"

Every Sentence Gets An Exclamation Point, Pal!

You guys are just having too much fun with this. I saw him once in ricalton square and wondered where he kept his knuckle sandwiches. Last time I was there was when he had the repast for Justmelaura...

He’s a character alright.

I've had some fun nights with him and his wife at the bar in the old Highland Place.

Could we obscure/remove the geographically identifying info in the above posts? Tying online identities to real-world locations makes me uncomfortable.

This is one piece of literature circulating in Pennsylvania.

And here's the full quote: “How many of you did really well with that $1.9 trillion tax cut?” When one person off-camera raises their hand, he says, “Well that’s good… but guess what? If you elect me your taxes are gonna be raised, not cut… if you benefited from that.”

jamie said:

And here's the full quote: “How many of you did really well with that $1.9 trillion tax cut?” When one person off-camera raises their hand, he says, “Well that’s good… but guess what? If you elect me your taxes are gonna be raised, not cut… if you benefited from that.”

He is right, we need to raise taxes on the wealthy and use the proceeds to invest in lower and middle class, infrastructure, etc.

I just hope that if he wins, and we win the Senate, he is not going to waste precious time trying to negotiate with the republicans. We should pack the court, re-do the census, ram through a more democratic system, roll back trump tax cuts and then increase taxes on corporations more, spend big on infrastructure. If there is a republican here or there that supports it great, but if not that's fine too. And spend zero time even arguing about the deficit (because I am sure the conservatives, after running up the deficit like crazy, will all of a sudden remember their "worries" about the deficit once they lose power, it's starting already). Spineless creatures.

Jaytee said:

What else is new? oh oh

I posted the above before reading the rest of this thread. Sorry.

basil said:

He is right, we need to raise taxes on the wealthy and use the proceeds to invest in lower and middle class, infrastructure, etc.

I just hope that if he wins, and we win the Senate, he is not going to waste precious time trying to negotiate with the republicans. We should pack the court, re-do the census, ram through a more democratic system, roll back trump tax cuts and then increase taxes on corporations more, spend big on infrastructure. If there is a republican here or there that supports it great, but if not that's fine too. And spend zero time even arguing about the deficit (because I am sure the conservatives, after running up the deficit like crazy, will all of a sudden remember their "worries" about the deficit once they lose power, it's starting already). Spineless creatures.

If Biden wins and the Dems win the Senate those of us who identify as "progressive" will still have to keep up the pressure because there will be many trying to pull Biden and the Dems to the Right.

STANV said:

basil said:

If Biden wins and the Dems win the Senate those of us who identify as "progressive" will still have to keep up the pressure because there will be many trying to pull Biden and the Dems to the Right.

Maybe we should start that process now.

basil said:

The task now is to win the election.

STANV said:

basil said:

The task now is to win the election.

Point taken

I spied a Trump sign on 2nd St in SO. 

I passed a house that had a Mikie Sherrill and a Trump sign on the lawn.

I bet they'd make for an interesting conversation.  question

Here's a great interactive map to play with different scenarios:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-biden-election-map/

jamie said:

To be honest, thinking about all the possibilities gives me the willies.

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

Exactly.  There's enough to be worried about. 

nohero said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

Exactly.  There's enough to be worried about. 

I can't even watch it when they do it on the TV anymore.

I still have nightmares about Steve Kondraki assuring me there was no way Trump could get to 270.

I think I need a political Advent calendar leading up to Election Day. -The picture for tomorrow would be a mute button.

steel said:

I think I need a political Advent calendar leading up to Election Day. -The picture for tomorrow would be a mute button.

I’ve only seen them with chocolates attached on each day, for children to eat - would political advent calendars have liqueur centres?? (Brandied cherries etc) The grog gets stronger, the closer to Election Day we get.

Don't know if anyone is following the Alabama Senate race, but this Tuberville clown is in the lead, and looks like he might supplant Louie Gohmert as the dumbest man in Congress.

Here we are, 11 days before E-Day, and Biden/Harris finally gets around to sending me a bumper sticker.

Three, to be exact.

I'm surprised they're winning.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.