1000 EMails by Monday morning

He "circumvented the globe" ?  
verb:  find a way around (an obstacle).  "the checkpoints were easy to circumvent"

http://villagegreennj.com/towns/government/maplewood-tc-passes-post-house-tax-abatement-transfer-5-0/

The Maplewood Township Committee passed a resolution approving the transfer of a 5-year tax abatement agreement (PILOT) from Maplewood Redevelopers, LLC to JMF Maplewood LLC and Gladstone of Maplewood LLC.

The vote followed the closing on the property earlier today, which officially makes JMF and Gladstone the new owners.

Man, not only did ohnoes60.info fail hard at moving public sentiment, but the balloon experiment was massively bungled. I was against the height of the new building until I saw the balloons, didn't look so bad at all with that frame of reference, wind or no.

Maybe the developers can tie a balloon onto their wrecking ball.

EBennett said:
He "circumvented the globe" ?  
verb:  find a way around (an obstacle).  "the checkpoints were easy to circumvent"

You jest, but consider the obstacle: The globe was huge in 1902!

I wonder how he would have graded that sheet?  There are very few complete sentences and not much punctuation.

FilmCarp said:
I wonder how he would have graded that sheet?  There are very few complete sentences and not much punctuation.

Maybe that's why he's so mad.

memorial said:

Man, not only did ohnoes60.info fail hard at moving public sentiment, but the balloon experiment was massively bungled. I was against the height of the new building until I saw the balloons, didn't look so bad at all with that frame of reference, wind or no.

"Didn't look so bad is the first step on the long road toward mediocrity"

Be careful for what you wish for............be very careful

I think architecture has been trending downwards since the Parthenon, anyway.

author said:

memorial said:

If this is such a compelling argument, why did ohno60 and VK have to go so over the top with tall tales of tall towers and Frankenbuildings that would destroy the village, and plunge it into year-round darkness?

In a moment of temporary insanity, I thought maybe the ohno60 folks would accept the outcome graciously and now work toward supporting the best possible outcome for the Post House, instead of continuing to complain and criticize.

Silly me.

ml1 said:
author said:

memorial said:

If this is such a compelling argument, why did ohno60 and VK have to go so over the top with tall tales of tall towers and Frankenbuildings that would destroy the village, and plunge it into year-round darkness?

In a moment of temporary insanity, I thought maybe the ohno60 folks would accept the outcome graciously and now work toward supporting the best possible outcome for the Post House, instead of continuing to complain and criticize.

Silly me.

The groups you mentioned gave years of their time and energy in working towards said best possible outcome.  In typical lockstep fashion they were ignored time after time.

Apparently "loyal opposition works well in Europe but not here"

Aside from glamorized drawings of the new building you have seen nothing that would draw shoppers 

or anyone to the Village.   The thought that 5 additional stores in a Village of over 70 will draw hordes and hordes of shoppers is a pipe dream

Be careful what you wish for............bad English and all

sorry dude.  But that is FALSE.

FALSE. FALSE. FALSE.

The opposition was NOT ignored.  There were significant changes made to the plan in response to opponents.

Are you incapable of representing the facts correctly?  Or do you think people reading your posts are too gullible or stupid not to know that you are misrepresenting.

Does anyone know why we gave a demo credit?  Is it typical for this type of sale?

https://youtu.be/_anYswmGMeM

Does anybody know if the P.O. building will be demolished by implosion and, if so, what the plans are for dust control?

The P.O. will be disassembled and reassembled at an undisclosed location by the OH NO 60 Organization.

So the developer threw in an extra $100k in order to move up the closing date. How convenient.

They didn't throw it.  It was a bank transfer.  Facts matter!

yahooyahoo said:

The P.O. will be disassembled and reassembled at an undisclosed location by the OH NO 60 Organization.

I think you mean dissembled, as that's pretty much what they've been doing from the beginning.

ml1 said:

FALSE. FALSE. FALSE.

The opposition was NOT ignored.  There were significant changes made to the plan in response to opponents.

Are you incapable of representing the facts correctly?  Or do you think people reading your posts are too gullible or stupid not to know that you are misrepresenting.

one from column A

two from column B

Hold the soy sauce

The builder,  after lying at a TC meeting and stating that he could not lower the height of the building

as it would impinge on the ceiling heights

Four days later and under pressure it could be done.

Now that everything is nice and legal watch the end product

author said:
ml1 said:

FALSE. FALSE. FALSE.

one from column A

two from column B

Hold the soy sauce

The builder,  after lying at a TC meeting and stating that he could not lower the height of the building

as it would impinge on the ceiling heights

Four days later and under pressure it could be done.

Now that everything is nice and legal watch the end product

Of course the final product should be monitored.  It's part of the ongoing process and the township, MVA, and planning board will be involved.

The building height was not the only modification due to public feedback.  Paul Surovell and ArchBroad probably have the exhaustive list.  These are a few off the top of my head:

• Building location was moved (twice), to accommodate Kings' deliveries
  • Juliet balconies removed
  • Plaza added
  • Commitment to accommodate ventilation for restaurants

You don't have to love the outcome, but if you give a damn about accuracy, you should at least admit that the township and the developer listened and responded to the public on multiple occasions.

ml1 said:

FALSE. FALSE. FALSE.

When someone makes a statement they know to be innacurate, it is not FALSE.  It is a LIE.  The person making the statement is a LIAR.  

Red_Barchetta said:
ml1 said:

FALSE. FALSE. FALSE.

When someone makes a statement they know to be innacurate, it is not FALSE.  It is a LIE.  The person making the statement is a LIAR.  

I've gotten a bit of push back from people who think I'm not giving the opponents the benefit of the doubt regarding their good intentions.  And because it's true that I don't know what's inside people's heads or hearts, I won't make any assumptions about motivations.  I will only address the accuracy of the statement.  In this instance, the statement was undoubtedly 100% completely and totally FALSE.

tjohn said:

Does anybody know if the P.O. building will be demolished by implosion and, if so, what the plans are for dust control?

I would not think a building of that height would be imploded, but there still is a dust concern in any demolition.

marylago said:

tjohn said:

I would not think a building of that height would be imploded, but there still is a dust concern in any demolition.

I believe it may spontaneously implode under the cultural, historic, and aestetic weight the OhNO crowd has heaped upon the existing structure.

Red_Barchetta said:

Lies and errors are two types of falsehood.

My point is that the gloves should be off by now.  Enough with the pleasantries and benefits of doubt.  Enough is enough. 

Red_Barchetta said:

My point is that the gloves should be off by now.  Enough with the pleasantries and benefits of doubt.  Enough is enough. 

we can save it for the next Democratic primary.  And the one after that.  I expect all the usual suspects will be back, throwing mud every which way.

ml1 said:
author said:

memorial said:

Silly me.

Ohno60 is like 5 people.    They lied in order to preserve the ugliest building in our town. Kinda sad.  

No worries.  Soon we will enjoy the destruction of the PO.   

Let's be gracious in victory, people. The Oh No folks believed they were doing the right thing and fought hard for what they thought was best for the town. As it happened, almost nobody agreed with them--and rightly so. The project is moving forward and the building will be built. But they aren't bad people, even when their tactics were misguided or worse. Sometimes you can go overboard when you're convinced your cause is just. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.