What series should I watch next?

rcarter31 said:

I think I've posted before 5 seasons on Hulu of In The Line of Duty. British coppers playing cat and mouse with other coppers. Super!

A sixth season is available with a free trial of another streaming service.

Thanks! I'm gonna get into this as I've heard really good things about it as soon as I've finished this season of The Peacemaker, Reacher, What We Do In The Shadows, Station Eleven and Wheel of Time.

Inventing Anna was really good.  Starring the blonde from Ozark (Julia Garner) and Amy from Veep (Anna Chlumsky).

Finally finished Reacher and The Peacemaker. Both excellent shows about massive guys punching the **** outta bad guys, but in different ways.

jamie said:

Inventing Anna was really good.  Starring the blonde from Ozark (Julia Garner) and Amy from Veep (Anna Chlumsky).

Agreed! Also on Hulu but with pics and video of the real people.

Sinfluencer of Soho" from "20/20"

"20/20"'s Deborah Roberts interviews both Sorokin and Williams about the former's cons. The episode gives insight into what it was like for the pair of former friends to face one another in court throughout Sorokin's trial.

This was done after she was released from prison.

Best series for President's Day, John Adams, on all day on HBO.

My Brilliant Friend Season3 starts on HBO and HBO Max tomorrow night, 2/28.

Can't wait.

Been watching Somebody Somewhere on HBO with Bridget Everett. It's really grown on me. I love the characters, especially Sam (Everett) and Joel (Jeff Hiller). Mike Haggerty as the farmer father with the alcoholic wife is so low key and terrific.  The other character are great, too. The sister, especially. The show takes place in a small-town, farming community in Kansas. 

Morganna said:

Can't wait.

This is one of the best suggestions I've gotten from this thread - excellent show, thanks, Morganna.

And I'll throw out there "Better Things" with Pamela Adlon.  The last season starts today on FX and Hulu.

We are huge "Better Things" fans and can't wait for new season to start tonight.

bub said:

We are huge "Better Things" fans and can't wait for new season to start tonight.

me, too. 

Morganna said:

Can't wait.

Me too, though if someone is new to the show, I'd recommend catching up on the first two seasons (eight one-hour episodes each, in Italian with subtitles) beforehand. 

King of Warsaw on Prime is a difficult show to “enjoy”, but with the present situation in Europe, it is a timely historical review of the period leading up to WW2. I get confused with the events bouncing back and forth from the mid-‘20s thru the 1930s. Still have several episodes to go. It is a brutal story.

I didn't know what to make of the 1st episode of Better Thing's new season.  I like the slice of life, low plot style of shows like this, and dislike old fashioned "sit commy" shows, but the episode was so disjointed and aimless.  Given all the time that has passed since it was last on, I think we could have expected something a little punchier.  Hoping for the best going forward.  

bub said:

I didn't know what to make of the 1st episode of Better Thing's new season.  I like the slice of life, low plot style of shows like this, and dislike old fashioned "sit commy" shows, but the episode was so disjointed and aimless.  Given all the time that has passed since it was last on, I think we could have expected something a little punchier.  Hoping for the best going forward.  

Somebody told me last night that they thought it was awful. This from a fan of the show. The Times review was tepid but made me want to watch it. 

I loved the pilot of Winning Time on HBO Max, if you get a chance to check it out, it’s really fun.

ridski said:

I loved the pilot of Winning Time on HBO Max, if you get a chance to check it out, it’s really fun.

boy, this guy doesn't think so

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hbos-winning-time-is-as-disastrous-as-the-lakers-season

drummerboy said:

boy, this guy doesn't think so

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hbos-winning-time-is-as-disastrous-as-the-lakers-season

Well, when he joins MOL, I’ll discuss it with him.

I see season 2 of Upload is available on Prime - hope it's as good as the first.

We powered through Bad Vegan on Netflix, it was entertaining.  Just ok.

Watching My Brilliant Friend Season 3. I had to review Season 2 after the long pause. I'm hooked again.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Been watching Somebody Somewhere on HBO with Bridget Everett. It's really grown on me. I love the characters, especially Sam (Everett) and Joel (Jeff Hiller). Mike Haggerty as the farmer father with the alcoholic wife is so low key and terrific.  The other character are great, too. The sister, especially. The show takes place in a small-town, farming community in Kansas. 

Thanks for the recommendation. Watching it now and really like it as well. (Just completed episode with the tornedo.) 

Can't wait for the return of Gentleman Jack! It will be aired again on HBO in April. 

Better Call Saul coming in April!

drummerboy said:

Better Call Saul coming in April!

If you are like me and didn't yet watch Season 5 (either cause you didn't DVR it on AMC when it initially aired or after it aired were too cheap to pay for the season) Season 5 will be available to stream on Netflix beginning Monday April 4.  And then start DRV'ing Season 6 on AMC with the premier airing on April 18 (on the assumption you haven't watched all of Season 5 by then). It's been so long since I watched Season 4 I may just re-watch at least the last few episodes to prime the pump so to speak. 

I'm all caught up. Apparently, Breaking Bad and BCS will blend together in season 6. And AMC will be showing all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad in the coming weeks.

The full Breaking Bad marathon schedule is:

Season 1: March 19, 7 episodes, beginning at 4:00 pm ET

Season 2: March 26, 13 episodes, beginning at 10:00 am ET

Season 3: April 2, 13 episodes, beginning at 10:00 am ET

Season 4: April 9, 13 episodes, beginning at 10:00 am ET

Season 5: April 16, 16 episodes, beginning at 6:30 am ET

Is anyone watching  The Dropout? I'm on ep 1 and it's pretty good.

I wish I didn't read the blending together re season 6. Bit of a spoiler.

wendy said:

I wish I didn't read the blending together re season 6. Bit of a spoiler.

oh. sorry.  

Not your fault. Logically that makes sense; I just try to stay away from things written about upcoming seasons, etc. since they're both spoilers to a bit and helping the streaming services advertise frankly. 

Ok, who watched the new season of BETTER THINGS? I've heard not-great reports. I want to like it 'cuz I love Pamela Adilon  and the daughters.And the Mom!

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Ok, who watched the new season of BETTER THINGS? I've heard not-great reports. I want to like it 'cuz I love Pamela Adilon  and the daughters.And the Mom!

We thought it got better after the first episode.    Good enough to stick with.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.