What's Blooming 2015 Edition

Please upload your pictures.

Oh, cool. Glad to see this thread starting for the year. We don't have a thing yet in northeastern CT, but as soon as we do, I'll post some photos!

I can't wait to see your pictures PeggyC.  There is a Star Magnolia near me that should be in full bloom soon.  I will try to get some pictures to post this weekend.

Our forsythia is sparser than usual, but I do love the bright yellow in early spring. (Had to reduce the size of the image for it to load - once the migration is finished, I'll ask what the guidelines are for image size but I don't think this is a good time to do that!)

I am seeing on fb that the forsythia are popping in my old neighborhood. My cousin promised me some pictures and also of he magnolia tree and tulips, and lilacs. OMG I love spring.

Here is another picture that I took while walking to the train.

cody said:

Our forsythia is sparser than usual, but I do love the bright yellow in early spring. (Had to reduce the size of the image for it to load - once the migration is finished, I'll ask what the guidelines are for image size but I don't think this is a good time to do that!)

Beautiful picture!

I wish so much that we had access to the house we are moving to now. It has a magnolia tree in the back yard, and I would love to see it bloom, which I'm afraid it will do before we move in the first week in May. Oh, well. Next year!

I'm enjoying all of these pictures!

Cody, your turtle head looks wild on this new format! Like an abstract swirly pattern! Kinda cool...

Thanks, PeggyC!  The old avatar was a stock turtle picture, but this is one I took myself and I loved the turtle's expression.

Whoops! Can't seem to straighten that out. This is new today as well.

Deborahg - they still look good sideways. oh oh

This photo is older, but my hellebores are even better this year and the magnolia is amazing considering the winter.

Your hellebores are beautiful!  I was at Williams Nursery a few days ago and was tempted to buy a couple of them.  They were gorgeous, but priced above my budget.  White Flower sells the bareroot plants for significantly less.  Did you start your hellebores from bareroot?  

krnl said:

This photo is older, but my hellebores are even better this year and the magnolia is amazing considering the winter.

My forsythia finally popped yesterday

My pigsqueak (bergenia) has finally bloomed.  I planted it two years ago. 

I might have to add hellebores and pigsqueak to my garden.

Calliope - good to see you on this thread!  I hope you don't mind that I revived your What's Blooming.  I needed some cheerful pictures after this long winter.

Sweetsnuggles said:

Your hellebores are beautiful!  I was at Williams Nursery a few days ago and was tempted to buy a couple of them.  They were gorgeous, but priced above my budget.  White Flower sells the bareroot plants for significantly less.  Did you start your hellebores from bareroot?  

krnl said:

I bought mine as plants several years ago at Millstone.  I found I prefer the light colored one in the photo because it's blossoms open to the sun and are more visible than the purple one whose blossoms look to the ground.  Yes, they were expensive, but have proven to be very hardy and low maintenance.

trying once again to upload a photo

Some early bulbs have flowered - planted these about 25 years ago, so I can't recall their name. I think it was something like "star twinkles" in the catalog.

Calliope, I keep getting the black "x" in the box when I upload, but the picture displays anyway. I have no idea why. I've been resizing them down to about 500x400 or numbers in that area and that seems to work.

Those are squill, I believe, @Cody----I have a few,popping up willy nilly---I can't remember when I planted them!

Not at all, @petuniabird---I'm glad you posted.  Now, if I can only get a picture to post!

ok, let's see if my mini daffys make it

Ok, I think I've got it!  We used to have to resize pictures with an earlier iteration of the forum, but I had forgotten how.  Sorry for the drift...

my lungwort is about to bloom---this is from last year

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.